• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Predator (Mortal Kombat) vs Team RWBY

Also they aren't fighting in a box, it's a forest, he can just use stealth tatics if all else fails.
Honestly I don't think he's gonna be hiding for more than a few shots at them with Blake's enhanced senses but those few shots could be devastating.

She has literally never restrained another human sized opponent this way, show scans or this isn't in-character and she won't do it.

I call bullshit on this as they have never attempted to kill someone until Volume 5, otherwise they would've made certain to kill every grunt the enemy has sent at them instead of just knocking them out.

It doesn't matter since the Predator can literally spam these attacks at no detriment to himself whatsoever or even just straight mind control/seal them with it.

Weiss is not gonna restrain him, we've been numerous times, that was a one-off against an opponent significantly larger than her and she never did it again in this Key as far as I'm aware. Secondly their team attacks are formidable but the Predator has dealt with greater numbers than this in a single battle as it successfully 5v1'd Shinnok, Johnny Cage, Raiden, Fujin and Sub-Zero without taking much damage and based on the way that part was described it wasn't due to a massive stat advantage, it was through his combat skill. He's also fought against a majority of their arsenal before as it killed everyone in the Mortal Kombat Cast in its MKX ending so it has experience with all of these barring Gravity Manipulation and a lot of those characters could also straight up teleport so it could predict Ruby's blitz attempts. They will certainly put up a fight but I believe the Predator has the advantages needed to put them down.

Restrains the Arma Gigas

Restrains the Deathstalker

Restrains the Nevermore

Restrains the Paladin

Restrains two of her opponents in the Vytal Festival
She also constantly freezes fodder Grimm in Grimm Eclipse but scans of that are a bit trickier to find, and all of this is just Weiss, Ruby and Blake are also able to flash freeze opponents with their Ice Dust and have show to be fully willing to do so in the fights against Team ABRN and Roman respectively.

Again, every single person they fought had a protective Aura that prevented them from killing them. That is the canon reason why Aura even exists in the series according to the guidebook. (Like i literally mention that any attack they would land on people without aura, who they assume would have aura would definitely shoot a hole in them, slash them up or cut them in half if it wasn't for aura existing to make fights longer and to explain why they don't die when fights with weapons)

The Predator can spam those attacks but nothing stops Team RWBY from dodging them. His cannon can only target one person at a time whereas he is fighting four people at once, all of whom have experience dodging and projectile attacks in combat as wel as shooting down projectiles with their own ranged attacks.

Basically what i mean, is they'll fight like they normally do

Assuming their opponent has a Aura protecting them from getting shot or cut in half or stabed when in realty, they don't have a forcefield that protects from all of that and protects from high temperatures and cold temperatures and can take dozens of attacks without breaking unlike them

Restrains the Arma Gigas

Restrains the Deathstalker

Restrains the Nevermore

Restrains the Paladin

Restrains two of her opponents in the Vytal Festival
She also constantly freezes fodder Grimm in Grimm Eclipse but scans of that are a bit trickier to find, and all of this is just Weiss, Ruby and Blake are also able to flash freeze opponents with their Ice Dust and have show to be fully willing to do so in the fights against Team ABRN and Roman respectively.

So she does have a single example of using her glyphs on people, at least someone finally showed some damn scans. Alright then, still doesn't keep the Predator restrained for long since the Predator can remotely cast with Shinnok's Amulet to just absorb it since it can both absorb Souls and Energy and Aura is literally Soul Energy so it isn't keeping him down.
Again, every single person they fought had a protective Aura that prevented them from killing them. That is the canon reason why Aura even exists in the series according to the guidebook. (Like i literally mention that any attack they would land on people without aura, who they assume would have aura would definitely shoot a hole in them, slash them up or cut them in half if it wasn't for aura existing to make fights longer and to explain why they don't die when fights with weapons)
I know the reason aura exists, but that's still absolute bullshit that Team RWBY are a bunch of cut throat killers. The moment they land a single blow on the Predator they'll realize he doesn't have an aura and will be careful not to kill him since they have never attempted to kill anyone in this key, always making sure to knock them out instead. Just because he's trying to kill them doesn't change that at all since every damn villain tries to kill them and they don't start killing people until Volume 5 when Weiss blatantly impales the dude with the pain numbing Semblance. (I forgot what his name is.)
The Predator can spam those attacks but nothing stops Team RWBY from dodging them. His cannon can only target one person at a time whereas he is fighting four people at once, all of whom have experience dodging and projectile attacks in combat as wel as shooting down projectiles with their own ranged attacks.
He doesn't use his Plasma Caster for those, he uses the Amulet of Shinnok which can fire at more than four targets simultaneously with aim bot continuous lasers. It's just that he also has the Plasma Caster and Homing Discs on top of this.

He doesn't use his Plasma Caster for those, he uses the Amulet of Shinnok which can fire at more than four targets simultaneously with aim bot continuous lasers. It's just that he also has the Plasma Caster and Homing Discs on top of this.
Show the predator using said Amulet in-character!

Oh, but I don't see him using the Amulet in-combat!

Mmmmmm, sorry, but I don't think it's a wincon here.
He literally has it on his Profile as Standard Equipment with all its abilities included on his profile. He doesn't actually require it to use its powers since he just learned to do them himself as stated in the custcene but that doesn't mean he can't use the Amulet if he gets restrained and not keeping it on his person after learning he can remotely cast through it would be stupid.

He literally has it on his Profile as Standard Equipment with all its abilities included on his profile. He doesn't actually require it to use its powers since he just learned to do them himself as stated in the custcene but that doesn't mean he can't use the Amulet if he gets restrained and not keeping it on his person after learning he can remotely cast through it would be stupid.
But I don't see any scans of him using these abilities in-combat cinder!

How do you know it's the exact same blasts? With Sorcery being the general statement, it could be any number of blasts Predator used~
If you want to go by that logic then I could just as easily argue that the Predator has access to every magic attack in the verse since he's a master of Sorcery as a blanket statement.

If you want to go by that logic then I could just as easily argue that the Predator has access to every magic attack in the verse since he's a master of Sorcery as a blanket statement.
Honestly? Yeah, you could, at least as likely/possibly stuff

The restraint glyph maybe but not the Dust attacks, those are just natural albeit extremely durable ice, same with the gravity field, thered be nothing to absorb.

Team RWBY is trained first and foremost to fight and kill monsters that would kill them if they make a single mistake, and they were trying to arrest the villains they fought not kill them. The Predator is very clearly not a human or Faunus and is actively trying to kill them, theres not really any reason for them to not go for the kill here. Also the fact vs battle rules say unless said otherwise their fighting to kill even tho they're in character

And yeah, that's stuff that Team RWBY has experience dodging (they dodge projectile attacks in pretty much every fight they're in )and shooting down (Blake cutting down a barrage of homing missiles during the Paladin fight or Yang shooting down Junior's homing missiles in the Yellow Trailer).

The restraint glyph maybe but not the Dust attacks, those are just natural albeit extremely durable ice, same with the gravity field, thered be nothing to absorb.
The Semblance is the only real hurdle honestly, the dust isn't much of an issue since he's fought that kind of shit already.
Team RWBY is trained first and foremost to fight and kill monsters that would kill them if they make a single mistake, and they were trying to arrest the villains they fought not kill them. The Predator is very clearly not a human or Faunus and is actively trying to kill them, theres not really any reason for them to not go for the kill here. Also the fact vs battle rules say unless said otherwise their fighting to kill even tho they're in character
He looks plenty like a Faunus with his face covered by his mask, hell he looks a lot like a Crocodile Faunus actually with all the scaly skin and shit just like the chicken who cut out Maria's eyes.
And yeah, that's stuff that Team RWBY has experience dodging (they dodge projectile attacks in pretty much every fight they're in )and shooting down (Blake cutting down a barrage of homing missiles during the Paladin fight or Yang shooting down Junior's homing missiles in the Yellow Trailer).
I'm not saying they have no experience with projectiles, I'm saying that full on beams of magic is a bit different than what they're used to at this point, especially given they're strong enough to one-shot people much stronger than them so I can't see them shooting or blocking them with anything but their Aura which can only do that so many times before going down.

Is the amulet's absorption passive or does it need to be activated? And just because hes fought people with those abilities before doesnt mean hes immune to their effects, hes still just as susceptible to being frozen or locked in an antigravity field.

He looks kinda like a faunus from a distance but faunus have an innate ability to discern between humans and faunus, meaning blake will pretty much immediately know that he isnt a faunus and the others will be aware of it as a result.

Not really? Penny and Velvet use lasers, technically so do Weiss and Blake, blake fought a robot that had a particle beam in the black trailer, hard light beams and lightning attacks are fairly commonplace, and in one of the early novels, the Session, the main antagonist used a laser like plasma gun. Yes it will hurt if it hits them but they do have a decent amount of experience with attacks like that.

Is the amulet's absorption passive or does it need to be activated? And just because hes fought people with those abilities before doesnt mean hes immune to their effects, hes still just as susceptible to being frozen or locked in an antigravity field.
It has to be manually activated but that's not really much of an issue when the Amulet can be used remotely. I agree these abilities will work on him if they can hit him with it, I'm just saying he has experience with these kinds of powers and won't be totally caught off-guard by them.
He looks kinda like a faunus from a distance but faunus have an innate ability to discern between humans and faunus, meaning blake will pretty much immediately know that he isnt a faunus and the others will be aware of it as a result.
That still doesn't mean they'll just off him once they realize he doesn't have Aura, he's still a living being unlike the Grimm or Combat Droids and they. Don't. Kill. People. At. This. Point. In. The. Series.
Not really? Penny and Velvet use lasers, technically so do Weiss and Blake, blake fought a robot that had a particle beam in the black trailer, hard light beams and lightning attacks are fairly commonplace, and in one of the early novels, the Session, the main antagonist used a laser like plasma gun. Yes it will hurt if it hits them but they do have a decent amount of experience with attacks like that.
Okay yeah, they've fought lasers before, but I still don't see them being able to block or intercept them since they're far more powerful than they are by a pretty significant margin. That Spider Droid is a pretty good example of this actually since Blake couldn't do shit about the particle beam and required Adam to block it for her since he's way stronger than her.

Fair, though that does mean that he would still be left open and vulnerable in the time between him being caught in a restraint glyph and the time it takes him to activate it, which would leave more than enough of an opening for something like Weiss' partial summon or Yang's Burn to finish him. Honestly though, does the Predator even have a solid way to escape being frozen if they do freeze him? Its not energy or magic so the amulet wouldnt be able to absorb it, its durable enough that opponents several times stronger than Team RWBY cant break out of it, and the plasma caster would be frozen as well meaning that it would only be able to fire in a single direction at best to melt a bit of ice.

Thats the thing though, they wont even be meaning to. They'll be fighting him with live ammo and bladed weapons and attacking him assuming he has Aura, they dont know that they will kill him if they land a solid hit on him, all they know is that a weird 8 foot tall scaly monster man is trying to kill them and they'll be reacting accordingly.

They dont have to block the lasers, they can just dodge it.

Fair, though that does mean that he would still be left open and vulnerable in the time between him being caught in a restraint glyph and the time it takes him to activate it, which would leave more than enough of an opening for something like Weiss' partial summon or Yang's Burn to finish him. Honestly though, does the Predator even have a solid way to escape being frozen if they do freeze him? Its not energy or magic so the amulet wouldnt be able to absorb it, its durable enough that opponents several times stronger than Team RWBY cant break out of it, and the plasma caster would be frozen as well meaning that it would only be able to fire in a single direction at best to melt a bit of ice.
Yeah, he can use the Amulet to blast the ice off of him or just use the Sorcery blasts from his hands to blow it up since one doesn't require him to be holding it to activate it and the other he can just do naturally without gestures, he just opens his palms and blasts come out kind of like iron man. The Plasma Caster blasting it out would be pretty quick to considering its both Plasma and a giant laser after the Sorcery enhancements it received. As for the partial summon that could show up but I wouldn't bet on it since Weiss barely had any control over that and even then I doubt it would tag the Predator before getting blasted after blocking whatever blow caused it to summon in the first place. Yang and Ruby are really the largest threats here to me with Burn and Petal Burst specifically but the Predator could deal with Burn as long as he keeps his distance since it doesn't increase her speed the way Ruby's does and Ruby has more abilities to back her speed up than Yang does with Burn.
Thats the thing though, they wont even be meaning to. They'll be fighting him with live ammo and bladed weapons and attacking him assuming he has Aura, they dont know that they will kill him if they land a solid hit on him, all they know is that a weird 8 foot tall scaly monster man is trying to kill them and they'll be reacting accordingly.
Those will certainly hurt but don't forget this is a Mortal Kombat character, these guys shrug off grievous wounds all the time mid battle and the Predator's mask should protect him from any head shots since that's the point of armor and its more durable than their weapons are strong. The second the land a blow that leaves visible damage they'll realize he doesn't have Aura and try to take him out non-lethally unless there's literally no other choice, even then they would definitely go through all their options before reaching that point.
They dont have to block the lasers, they can just dodge it.
That will definitely be difficult to do given how many auto aim projectiles are being launched their way but my main point was just that they definitely can't block without taking significant damage to their Aura.

I'm sure the Amulet can be channeled through the user's body to break the ice, since anyone too weak to control its power gets burned by the sheer power released upon using it. With his mastery over the omelette among other magic to the point that he was seen using his bare hands to cast sorcery without anything like a magic device, he can use that to his advantage

As for tech options, he can preemptively use the less lethal self-destruct command on his wrist gauntlet to break out of any restraints, not to mention this guy already has experience with characters who have similar if not arguably better restraining abilities, like Raiden, Shinnok, Kotal Kahn, and Sub-Zero

Is he durable enough to withstand the amulet? Because trying to blow up with ice from the inside would hit him with a good amount of the energy of the blast as it's an enclosed space he'd be using it in. And while these methods of escape could work, them freezing the Predator isnt a means to win the match overall, every time they've frozen an opponent it's always been to set up a killing blow, in the seconds it would take for the Predator to escape the ice they would use the opening to have Yang unload on him with Burn.

Funnily enough they dont usually go for headshots unless it's at point blank range, they usually aim for center mass with ranged attacks and decapitation/bisection/limb severing for melee, so the mask wouldnt be as big of an advantage as youd think. And again, you are really making a huge assumption that they wouldnt go for the kill here, not only does SBA invalidate this as it makes them willing to kill by default, but they know the predator isnt a human or faunus and it is actively trying to kill them, they're not going into this fight thinking that they have to arrest the predator so theres no reason to assume theyd try to beat him nonlethally when theyre trained to kill monsters. In the key being used theyd probably just assume it's one of Merlot's mutants or androids anyways.

It wouldnt be much different from what they've already faced, barrages of homing missiles, the Paladino's auto aim gun that was able to track them through Freezerburn's fog cloud, etc. They shouldnt have a difficult time avoiding the lasers.

As for the restraining part, Weiss' ice and glyphs are both durable enough to restrain the Arma Gigas.

The Arma Gigas scales vastly above Weiss to the point that a single partially summoned arm of the Arma Gigas was able to oneshot a production model Atlesian Paladin, which in turn was effectively undamaged by Coco's Hype-amped bullets which can oneshot Nevermores and Deathstalkers, which are stronger than Team RWBY.

So its unlikely the Predator would be able to break out through sheer power.

Is he durable enough to withstand the amulet? Because trying to blow up with ice from the inside would hit him with a good amount of the energy of the blast as it's an enclosed space he'd be using it in. And while these methods of escape could work, them freezing the Predator isnt a means to win the match overall, every time they've frozen an opponent it's always been to set up a killing blow, in the seconds it would take for the Predator to escape the ice they would use the opening to have Yang unload on him with Burn.
Why the hell would Yang use her Semblance if she hasn't been hit at all? The whole freezing/restraining argument was your opener, why would she waste her Semblance without any charge to it?
Funnily enough they dont usually go for headshots unless it's at point blank range, they usually aim for center mass with ranged attacks and decapitation/bisection/limb severing for melee, so the mask wouldnt be as big of an advantage as youd think. And again, you are really making a huge assumption that they wouldnt go for the kill here, not only does SBA invalidate this as it makes them willing to kill by default, but they know the predator isnt a human or faunus and it is actively trying to kill them, they're not going into this fight thinking that they have to arrest the predator so theres no reason to assume theyd try to beat him nonlethally when theyre trained to kill monsters. In the key being used theyd probably just assume it's one of Merlot's mutants or androids anyways.
Even if that is the case that still means his head is harder to damage than the other unarmored parts of his body which is all I was getting at. Also SBA doesn't make people willing to kill, it just makes them not able to give up and will take fights seriously. It hasn't forced people to kill in years, otherwise Batman and Spider-Man would be executing everyone in their threads. There's no ******* way they would assume the Predator is one of Merlot's minions since he's clearly not an Android or Mutated Grimm, saying they would think that is asinine.
It wouldnt be much different from what they've already faced, barrages of homing missiles, the Paladino's auto aim gun that was able to track them through Freezerburn's fog cloud, etc. They shouldnt have a difficult time avoiding the lasers.
When you say barrage how many missiles are we talking here? The Amulet can make at bare minimum four beams and that's not even counting the beams he can shoot from his hands, the Plasma Caster and the homing discs which can be easily combo'd in quick succession.
As for the restraining part, Weiss' ice and glyphs are both durable enough to restrain the Arma Gigas.
The Arma Gigas scales vastly above Weiss to the point that a single partially summoned arm of the Arma Gigas was able to oneshot a production model Atlesian Paladin, which in turn was effectively undamaged by Coco's Hype-amped bullets which can oneshot Nevermores and Deathstalkers, which are stronger than Team RWBY.
The Arma Gigas' profile says its stats are rated as just High 8-C, the Predator before his magic upgrades is equal to or superior to Shinnok who stomped Raiden and Fujin, the former of which is casually High 8-C+. The Predator easily overpowers it with little difficulty.
So its unlikely the Predator would be able to break out through sheer power.
The profiles disagree.

Koopa was the one arguing that freezing/restraining was an opener. Freezing/Restraints are almost always used later in a fight, though Weiss would be more likely to use Gravity stuff pretty early.

Fair, but not a huge factor in the overall fight. And seeing as this is what Merlot's androids look like:

Its less ridiculous to say that they'd think its a monster Merlot cooked up than to say that they would be going nonlethal against the Predator.

Yang dodged/intercepted three barrages of 6 missiles.

Weiss and Blake dodged/intercepted two barrages of 20 missiles.

Weis' Ice and Glyphs can restrain people with Class M lifting Strength, going by his profile Predator has Class K. Predator would not be physically strong enough to break out of them through sheer strength.

Koopa was the one arguing that freezing/restraining was an opener. Freezing/Restraints are almost always used later in a fight, though Weiss would be more likely to use Gravity stuff pretty early.
That just goes back to what I was saying earlier then ignoring that tactic as a first move.
Fair, but not a huge factor in the overall fight. And seeing as this is what Merlot's androids look like:
Those things look nothing like the Predator, like it's not even close.
Its less ridiculous to say that they'd think its a monster Merlot cooked up than to say that they would be going nonlethal against the Predator.
I think they would unironically think Alien before thinking he's one of Merlot's creations.

Yang dodged/intercepted three barrages of 6 missiles.

Weiss and Blake dodged/intercepted two barrages of 20 missiles.

Blake did that with a speed amp, that's not really a fair comparison but whatever.
Weis' Ice and Glyphs can restrain people with Class M lifting Strength, going by his profile Predator has Class K. Predator would not be physically strong enough to break out of them through sheer strength.
I'm not saying he'd use LS to break it, I'm saying his magic would destroy it with little difficulty given the huge stat gap between them.

I mean, she can do it again as it IS a team battle vs one guy

They'll jump his ass like JJK characters
Jumping him certainly didn't help Shinnok, Raiden, Fujin, Johnny and Sub-Zero and that was five guys stronger than Team RWBY. RWBY's abilities will certainly give the Predator a run for his money but I genuinely think he's gonna win this fight with his large stat, skill and experience advantage, especially if he decides that killing them is too difficult at the moment and just seals them with the amulet.

Jumping him certainly didn't help Shinnok, Raiden, Fujin, Johnny and Sub-Zero and that was five guys stronger than Team RWBY. RWBY's abilities will certainly give the Predator a run for his money but I genuinely think he's gonna win this fight with his large stat, skill and experience advantage, especially if he decides that killing them is too difficult at the moment and just seals them with the amulet.
Where its stated that the Predator 1v5ed Shinnok, Raiden, Fujin, Johnny and Sub-Zero? Because watching through his story mode, he 1v1ed everyone up until that point, the ending shot could very well just be the dead people that he killed prior to killing Shinnok, especially when none of those guys have any reason to want to team up with Shinnok in the first place.

Plus even if they did all jump him, they more than likely just each tried to 1v1 him, Team RWBY will be coming at him with constant team attacks as they are trained to work as a team.

Where its stated that the Predator 1v5ed Shinnok, Raiden, Fujin, Johnny and Sub-Zero? Because watching through his story mode, he 1v1ed everyone up until that point, the ending shot could very well just be the dead people that he killed prior to killing Shinnok, especially when none of those guys have any reason to want to team up with Shinnok in the first place.
We only accept the ending cutscene for the crossover characters as their canon story, the actual gameplay leading up to it doesn't matter, otherwise we'd be scaling them all to corrupted Shinnok instead which would make this even worse for Team RWBY. Besides given how the Predator is indiscriminately murdering everyone else why wouldn't they briefly form an alliance with Shinnok during the final battle? He's not stupid enough to say no once he sees how damn powerful and skilled this guy is.
Plus even if they did all jump him, they more than likely just each tried to 1v1 him, Team RWBY will be coming at him with constant team attacks as they are trained to work as a team.
They may not have as good teamwork as RWBY does but four of the five them are actively on the same side even disregarding Shinnok so they wouldn't butt heads over fighting together, especially Raiden and Fujin who did canonically 2v1 Shinnok so at the very least they definitely would've done the same against the Predator but regardless the cutscene portrays it as a final stand 5v1.

The typical shot of a character standing over a pile of corpses should almost always tell you that they killed them all in that spot, I don't think the Predator dragged their bodies up a hill just to line up that cool shot. They all had fresh wounds signifying the Predator's signature ways of killing and collecting trophies when you see them so they were just killed on that spot which should say that a war broke out where the Predator killed them all.

And that sounds more like an assumption, it's better and very likely correct to just interpret what's in front of you or what's most obvious

Back