• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Natsu's cold resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused as to why he has it. Currently the justification is due to his body heat and fire manipulation. However this seems very odd. Going by this logic wouldn't essentially every fire user have cold resistance? And him having resistance to cold due to his body heat also seem pretty off. Portgas D. Ace Quite literally had high enough body heat to stop the snow from falling in Jaya. And he don't give him cold resistance for it so why does Natsu have it for basically the same reason?

I suggested the adding of his cold resistance to his page, so I guess I should answer this.

The reasoning wasn't just based off the fact that he can manipulate flames alone, he's actually shown previously that he's unfazed by freezing temperatures, the whole point about his body heat was to differentiate it from the likes of Gray whose resistance is more magical. Though I guess it is worth noting that when I suggested this I also noted that his resistance wasn't comparable to the likes of Gray and Invel. In fact if u give me a little while I'll find the thread where I suggested this and copy my points here

ÔÇó Natsu: Cold Resistance, though minor compared to the likes of Gray, his is probably a result of high body temperature, though it seems to have gotten a bit stronger overtime- he was able to thaw out of Invel's Ice after a brief passage of time impressing the winter mage himself.

That's from the thread that I suggested the resitance

Natsu showed the abilty to burn trough Invel's ice who made even Gray shiver and generally freeze likes of Juvia and Lucy who couldn't break it no matter what.

For ace you just talk with @Cin Cameron.

I don't doubt his resistance to it I just think we should explain it better in his page. I mean it doesn't seem very accurate with the reasons currently given.

@William nah I was just giving an example. I don't really care about Ace having resistance to cold temperatures. And Natsu burning Invels Ice would probably fall under limited power nullification rather than cold resistance.

And what is being completly unfazed by cold if not cold resistance as Natsu even in the first arc showed in his usual half naked torso outfit completly unfazed by an ice storm in a middle of a Mountain.

He doesn't resist a lot not like Gray for sure, but some cold resistance is there.

Once again i don't doubt that Natsu has cold resistance I would just suggest giving a better justification for it in his profile and that seems like minor to limited cold resistance.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
I don't doubt his resistance to it I just think we should explain it better in his page. I mean it doesn't seem very accurate with the reasons currently given.
Oh fair enough then, William do u mind fixing that? I'm still not comfortable messing with the profiles yet

@knight Thats not power nullification as it was quite literally said by Invel himself "he melted my ice".

I have no time for that anymore in particular starting from tomorrow (reason on my wall). Also, it was agreed on adding it so i don't see a problem.

Also, if the fact his body heat grants him a certain degree of cold resistance isn't clear than...

WilliamShadow said:
@knight Thats not power nullification as it was quite literally said by Invel himself "he melted my ice".

That's definitely not having a resistance to Ice manipulation either.

I'm not suggesting removing it, I was just suggesting tweaking the explanation a bit just so as to avoid confusion (I'd rather avoid discussions popping up like this later in the future), but if you're too busy or u think its fine as it is then ok.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
That's definitely not having a resistance to Ice manipulation either.
I don't see how that's power nullification, thawing out of being frozen doesn't in anyway qualify as power nullification.

It'd be easier if we just explained it as it is:

"Natsu has demonstrated indifference to naturally cold temperatures and has a measure of resistance against ice and cold based attacks. In cases where he was actually frozen solid, such as when Invel froze Natsu with Ice Magic, Natsu was able to thaw himself after a significant period of time."

@David Well that's true but as I said the justification for his cold resistance is definitely off and I think you can agree with me. I'd personally suggest "Minor / limited cold resistance" with a link to the page where Natsu is shown resisting it.

I believe Repp's suggestion is the best course of action, it addresses all the points made for his resistance to the cold whilst addressing its limitations. Thank you Repp.

Go for Rep's explanation.

Also @Rep my program of changing the profiles description will have to wait a bit for reason on my wall.

Okay, so it should look like this on his profile.

Limited Cold Resistance (Natsu has demonstrated indifference to naturally cold temperatures and has a measure of resistance against ice and cold based attacks. In cases where he was actually frozen solid, such as when Invel froze Natsu with Ice Magic, Natsu was able to thaw himself after a significant period of time).

@Burning

I removed them for the time being, since they weren't very clear.

I also took the opportunity to restructure the listing to be more detailed.

Anything else that needs addressing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back