• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Why don't we accept him being able to control the Mirror World to his whim? This has boggled me for since when I brought this up before. The level Candy Constellation contains a galaxy in the background, and that means what takes place is outside of it, meaning there's even more. He's been shown reality Warping entire new levels into existence, flipping stages, possibly the entire Mirror World, and created thousands of stars to flee into while dying. And it's stated that his power corrupted this world enough to threaten the normal world. Frankly, he should be at least 3-C.

Even better is the fact that it's heat, cold, and electricity/plasma, and not just light.

at least 3-C via corruption, because he corrupted the world before mmanipulating it?

Dark Mind changes the color of the galaxy and surrounding celestial bodies just by switching abilities. Perhaps that could be him being so powerful that he accidentally warps reality on a galactic scale just by changing abilities? But yeah that seems like a stretch.

But his abilities are indeed capable of affecting an entire galaxy.

Also, I don't think we can quantify heating up a galaxy to the point where the stars turn red. Especially since stars already burn so hot that they shine white, making them hotter will just make them brighter. And you can't heat up space, either.

I also agree with Cal and AN...perhaps an "At least '''Galaxy Level'''" would be apropiate given other people agree with it of course.

Considering this guy corrupted the whole thing to the point of it being capable of threatening Kirby's world, recreates parts of previous levels Kirby has been to, has created thousands of stars and nebulae when fleeing from Kirby...while dying, uses the Dimension Mirror as a mere tool (the Dimension Mirror is the progenitor of the Mirror Word), and has a spatial flipping feat of unknown scope, the answer should be yes.

How did we extrapolate "he can flip whole stages" to "it's likely he can manipulate the whole dimension"? Kirby is 8 inches tall. A truck could flip the whole stage.

But he isn't 8 inches in Smash Bros or else Solid Snake is like, 20 inches.

And he isn't 8 inches in the game as evidenced by the human characters.

1. Super Smash Bros. is literally a bunch of toys/trophies fighting each other and canonically has the scale screwed to high heaven

2. I would rather take that as just artstyle done for convenience rather than ignore consistent statements and showings from the creator

1. Not really, pretty sure it has versions of the characters rather than toys.

2. Shouldn't we go by what's shown rather than by what's said?

"The one human character has no known height, so what would you be scaling off of anyway"

They are a human, so human height is the most logical assumption. Don't see why the later proves humans are inches tall.

"They are a human, so human height is the most logical assumption. Don't see why the later proves humans are inches tall."

We've never seen a canon human in Kirby other than Adeileine. We have no reference for them being normal sized. In fact, we don't even know if Adeleine is human IIRC. She just resembles one.

"I really don't see how any of those three opening sequences are meant to be taken literally."

The last one was the story mode of Brawl.

Author statements should not take precedence over what the character has actually shown. I guess we'd believe it if Akita Toriyama said "Goku can only lift 20 pounds" three different times?

Large apples are significantly smaller than Kirby. Humans are only two or three times taller than him. Just because a planet is star-shaped doesn't mean we should throw all logic out the window and assume every single real-world object that we could compare Kirby's size to is scaled down to him.

Regardless, I do encourage that we come to a conclusion on Kirby's height soon, as we're derailing the thread a bit. The point was to upgrade Dark Nebula and Dark Mind, not debate Kirby's height.

In regards to the Brawl story mode, don't see how that proves anything since in the very same scene we have Pit first appearing as his normal self acting on his own, if other characters were all introduced as trophies becoming the characters, maybe you'd have a point.

Anyway, Dark Mind. We do see his feats, and he has been shown incorporating levels into his little pocket dimension inside the Dimension mirror.

Also, is it possible to calc filling the same galactic space with plasma/electricity?

About the freezing a galaxy calc; wouldn't the amount of space between each star need to be accounted for? On top of that, not all stars are the same size or the same temperature. And of course; there's a whole bunch of planets, asteroids, comets, ect that need to be including. Freezing a galaxy sounds like it might be much higher that 4-B, I'm pretty positive it would at least be 4-A. Anyway, I'm all for Kirby being upgraded to 3-C, but I'd prefer to see more proof on the matter.

He's confirmed to be 20cm is his profile in the Kirby 20th Anniversary Encyclopedia and this official website (we could copy some things from that by the way, "Bright and innocent" clarifies the contradiction of his intellect).

(I'm not sure if this is useful, but it is worth to mention;) The theme of Candy Constellation is called "Space and Cosmos Area" in Japanese being Õ«çÕ«ÖÒé¿Òâ¬Òéó (Õ«çÕ«Ö=universe;ÔÇëcosmos;ÔÇëspace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back