• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Damn Time - The Soul of Cinder vs The Moon Presence

Weekly's making some sense here.

Although wouldn't that make this a haxstomp if he can just instantly drive him insane?

it doesent do that, it bfrs peapole into the hunters dream so they help kill other great ones. it ha a month to get free from it

Therefir said:
Okay, but Ever said Soul of Cinder doesnt really have a mind that can be haxxed as its literally just a ton of souls.
Since when can't souls be mind-haxxed? Pretty sure the Labyrinth Spirits in Bloodborne can be mind haxxed.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
it doesent do that, it bfrs peapole into the hunters dream so they help kill other great ones. it ha a month to get free from it
What do you mean? All Great Ones have passive mind hax that drives people insane to death just by looking at them

Ricsi-viragosi said:

Excusemehwut
I'm sorry but what

WeeklyBattles said:
What do you mean? All Great Ones have passive mind hax that drives people insane to death just by looking at them
unless the good hunter uses umberical cord it blocks them inside the dream todo gehrmans role.

@MeleeniumRXJ I suppose we should ask Ever, he probably explain it better.

WeeklyBattles said:
We're talking about the passive mind hax all Great Ones have
I don't think the passive mind hax is going to do anything; the SoC has 2 countries worth of warriors in it and all the minds are focused on trying to keep the flame lit. Also in dark souls you need a strong will not to go hollow and lose your sanity, since the SoC is both the Chosen undead and the Bearer of the Curse he should have a extremely strong will.

Keeweed said:
I don't think the passive mind hax is going to do anything; the SoC has 2 countries worth of warriors in it and all the minds are focused on trying to keep the flame lit. Also in dark souls you need a strong will not to go hollow and lose your sanity, since the SoC is both the Chosen undead and the Bearer of the Curse he should have a extremely strong will.
will, why it might sometimes, it does not affect moons mind hax, especialy as its MUCH above all the other old ones

Overlord775 said:
wouldn't SoL being able to negate rapport be enought for him to resist the mindmash ?
We have no clue how strong it is (it can controll some of the more sane powerful enemies in the game, but that's pretty basic mindhax wise.

Fodder Great Ones can mindhax a city. Moon Presence mind hax >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fodder Great Ones mind hax

We better ask Ever, also, 2 countries >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> City

WeeklyBattles said:
Fodder Great Ones can mindhax a city. Moon Presence >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fodder Great Ones
But 2 countries > cities so he's going to need a feat way better than that; also he may not have a mind in the normal sense of the word anyways so I think we should we wait until Ever or someone who know what he was talking about.

WeeklyBattles said:
Someone in Dark Souls mindhaxxed two countries?
The SoC is the two countries worth of people since he has everyone the chosen undead and bearer of curse killed

Okay? And how does that make much of a difference if none of them had mind hax resistence?

Therefir said:
We better ask Ever, also, 2 countries >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> City
werent those countries mostly empity? as most of them died before getting the curse mark?

WeeklyBattles said:
Okay? And how does that make much of a difference if none of them had mind hax resistence?
A lot of them actually do have resistance due to quite a bit of them resistancing rapport (it's not a good mind hax, but there are undead who have actual resistance to it).

Keeweed said:
A lot of them actually do have resistance due to quite a bit of them resistancing rapport (it's not a good mind hax, but there are undead who have actual resistance to it).
which ones?

werent those countries mostly empity? as most of them died before getting the curse mark?

But the chosen undead absorbed their souls into him and lit the flame. (Also it being mostly empty can be for gameplay since a country worth of enemies would be bulls** to fight.

Keeweed said:
But the chosen undead absorbed their souls into him and lit the flame. (Also it being mostly empty can be for gameplay since a country worth of enemies would be bulls** to fight.
but most died permanently before the curse.

but most died permanently before the curse.

There is multiple times when npc's State that tons of people have come to the countries trying to find a cure so there should still be more than a cities worth. Also I looked into it and the pontiff Knights are a good experience of being able to resist rapport (their undead yet they don't care when you use it; meanwhile the fat angel guys on the roof of lotric (I know I spelt it wrong) castle get effected by it).

Overlord775 said:
solaire and gwyn resist undead rapport and they are directly part of the Soul of cinder
it only appeals to undead, and can be ignored by lords of cinders by just being linked to the flame, making pyromancys lure ueless

it never worked on enemies either linked to the flame or having full humanity

There is no exact hint if they are divine or human - with one exception: Traveling through The Ringed City in Dark Souls 3 at a particular point the player is invaded by Silver Knight Ledo. Invasions are not unusual in the Souls games by both NPCs and other players. But all Invaders are humans without exception. That leads to the assumption that he and most other (if not all) Silver Knights are humans.

I just remembered that the Abyss corrupted the Abyss watcher and Artorias, yet the chosen undead could fight Manus in the Abyss without the ring of abyss walking and the bearer of the curse doesn't lose his mind when he fough The final boss of dark souls 2 (she spammed Abyss darkness and curse through the fight).

As for Silver Knights being human... that shouldn't be an automatic assumption. Humans did serve the Gods in other places (Havel led for Gwyn, and the Ringed Knights are humans who served the Gods as well). One silver Knight could be a human. It isn't out of the question.

for abyss watchers they either needed a long time to go insane or they were jist that hearbroken : When the Abyss Watchers awoke and saw what had become of their home, they were overcome with anger so intense it was maddening, or perhaps the encroaching darkness took control of them.

artorias was corrupted over time as well

I don't know much about the SoC, but I don't think he has the AP advantage here.

I mean, lesser celestial emissaries can reproduce the effect of A Call Beyond, which is 4-C. The Celestial Emissary (the big one) can create hordes of them just to bait the Hunter and he's not even an actual Great One, but a very powerful kin. Actually, Celestial Emissary should be canonically one of the weakest kin bosses, since he is even afraid of fighting the Hunter head on.

The Hunter can not only kill the Celestial Emissary, he can also kill actual Great Ones such as Amygdala and Mergo's Wet Nurse. And still, he has no chance to stand against the Moon Presence (supposing he didn't use the umbylical cords).

LordNephalem said:
I don't know much about the SoC, but I don't think he has the AP advantage here.

I mean, lesser celestial emissaries can reproduce the effect of A Call Beyond, which is 4-C. The Celestial Emissary (the big one) can create hordes of them just to bait the Hunter and he's not even an actual Great One, but a very powerful kin. Actually, Celestial Emissary should be canonically one of the weakest kin bosses, since he is even afraid of fighting the Hunter head on.

The Hunter can not only kill the Celestial Emissary, he can also kill actual Great Ones such as Amygdala and Mergo's Wet Nurse. And still, he has no chance to stand against the Moon Presence (supposing he didn't use the umbylical cords).
SoC >Gwyn, chosen undead, soliare, bearer of the curse, and every lord in dark souls 3 all of which can keep the sun existing.

Back