• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Op That's just more added stuff though, it's not like the story isn't the same anymore.

All the arcs that were in the wn are in the manga, the manga just adds stuff.

If the LN leaves things out from the WN then they should be considered different. Its no longer trying to fit things into a timeline

AnonymousBlank said:
If the LN leaves things out from the WN then they should be considered different. Its no longer trying to fit things into a timeline
The LN didn't leave anything out from the WN?

The LN included things the WN didn't have.

Such as the arcs aforementioned.

AnonymousBlank said:
I believe I got confused when you said something excluded the Ifrit stuff.
That was the manga being a manga and not putting in stuff seen in LN, likely to save time and have a more concise reading.

OpMasada said:
Celestial Pegasus said:
@Anonymous They aren't significant, the story is the same, only different between the manga and web novel is just an added arc, and expansion on the abilities of the series.
Also i guess some minor things about the characters, like rimuru's interest in breast.
LN, Manga and WN all have differences actually, like the short story I mentioned earlier, and the exclusion of some Ifrit crap that was seen in the anime.
The Light Novel and the Manga are the same. The latter is just an adaptation of the former. It might have some things that were purposedly cut off because the available space between the two media are different, but this is a common thing in any manga adaptation of anything. The Veldora extra side-story released with each book also doesn't make the two of them different, considering that it just explain what happened in the story from Veldora's perspective, it's also formatted much like a LN does.

Ok so from what i can see here, the general conclusion is if they are mostly the same and one story is basically just an extended version of the other, composite profiles are ok

If there are notable differences, we should do separate keys or profiles.

I agree with that, also, since the LN is essentially the version of the series that is considered good enough to be officially published, it should be the primary canon in cases where there are some deviations.

@Celestial Pegasus

I suppose that makes sense.

Should we remove the highlight for this thread?

Back