• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, how much would smashing car windows in a single hit yield? (The side ones, not the rear or windshields)

How many calculations are left for DontTalkDT to evaluate at this point?

Blowing up Cannons

Crushing a Ring-sized Diamond

Bending a Steel rod (This one is weird, as Spino left out what units are to be used for this one, and apparently, a calc rebar is missing)

There are still calculations not yet calculated, but for the present one, yeah 3 are left.

For the steel rod one though, it cannot be evaluated until we decide whether yield strength is usable in another thread.

Okay. Thank you for the reply. After he is done, you can move the accepted calculations to a regular wiki page, preferably organised based on similarity to each other.

Assalt has stated that the vaping of a human is low-balled because latent heat of vaporization is not used (Which should be used anyway), meaning that the values of vaporizing humans would be higher and that some values in the vaporization page are wrong.

Well indeed, FanofRPGs outright said it was low-balled in his blog, but it is a good approximation.

Unless Assaltwaffle has a better idea how to calculate it?

I believe there's a thread for that.

Here it is. (Assalt said that just using water for latent heat would be fine, the rest of the body parts can just use specific heat).

We already got the latent heat of water out of the way; we just need latent heat for the other components; and so far, I roughly anticipate a 400-450 Megajoule range. The thread mentioning was here.

Yeah, but the lifting strength was the main topic here.

Once you get the force required to bend objects, you can deduce the lifting strength on Earth with the Earth gravity constant of 9.81

A working example is done here.

@KLOL @Votron Can you move the calculations DontTalkDT accepted into a standard wiki page as Antvasima said? I am busy with some other revisions.

I have a problem with the "punching through a wall" section, which I left on Spinosaurus' wall here.

Agnaa said:
Your "Punching through a wall section" has subheadings for "Wood Door" and "Steel Door".

For a minor thing, "door" should be changed to "wall". For a larger thing, could you add results for other common wall materials there, such as concrete/plaster?

The car crash thing seems fine (at least for the ones where you get rammed into a wall), but it only has the sedan version, not the bus or the semi-truck version. Also, the calcs for the various speeds of 25, 45, 60 and 70 mph are absent.

Also, the average, as DT noted, is 62 kg for a human, so you could use that instead.

Unfortunately, I cannot since I'm leaving for some personal matters soon which will take up most of my day. I could probably do it tomorrow unless you or someone else is willing to do it.

Antvasima said:
@Votron5
Thank you very much for the help. I cleaned up the structure of the page a bit.

Are you willing to incorporate the remaining standard feat calculation blogs into the page as well?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Attack_Potency#Trivia

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Durability#Notes
The current page only accounts for the average sedan and just one speed metric, the basic highway speeds are missing as well. Would it be fine if I added those into the page? At least, for the ones that involve getting slammed into a wall.

@Votron5

Okay. No problem.

@KLOL506

Please elaborate regarding what you mean.

The current page only shows values for the average-sized car, but misses out on the average-sized bus and semi-truck.

Also, the various speed limits values that were made by Arbitrary are also missing. (Here are all the values)

They'd apply where you get slammed into a wall by the car or the car stops dead in its tracks.

Was Arbitrary's blog accepted by the calc group or DontTalkDT?

He agreed for the average-sized car part, including the ones where wall-slamming is included. But that's because Spino forgot to add in the bus and truck parts.

The truck and bus calcs use the same logic. Different weights, but still the same exact method.

Okay. Then I suppose that it should be fine.

There seems to be two identical copies of the References for Common Feats page. It would advisiable to delete one of them.

Please link to both of them here.

Not exactly. They're both the same link but when searching it brings up two. This happens with pages that have been renamed- clicking on the old page's link simply redirects you to the new renamed address.

I finished adding the calcs to the reference page that Antvasima pointed out. I fixed the vaporizing a human feat and added the latent vaporization heat that DontTalk suggested.

Thank you very much for all the help. Is there something left that any of you wish to add or modify, or can I lock the page now?

I tried to add pictures to the rotational energy of the earth, breaking blades, and destroying a chimney but it said I did not have the permission to do so. Could anyone else be willing to add those pictures from Spino's blog to the page?

Other than that I should be finished with it.

You can just link to the already existing filenames, if the images have been uploaded already.

Does anyone have any more feats that could be calculated?

I thought of some:

PE of lifting a tank, car, bulldozer, helicopter, skyscraper, traincar, etc.

Knocking a door off it's hinges

knocking down a vault and bunker door

hitting something so hard it creates a shockwave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back