• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You found a number of 430cm^2 for surface area of a fist, right?

Even that seems off, people don't exactly have 20cmx20cm fists...

@Agnaa

No, that value is wrong. I found 259.29159 cm^2. I took the length and width of the proximal phalanges to find their area then I took the length and width of the distal phalanges (used only the area of one because of the thumb) and found that number.

Oh, considering that's pretty close to the number we currently use (25 cm^2) that seems right. The source should probably still be mentioned but it isn't a big change.

@Jason

Your punching calcs are excellent but it would be more accurate if you used the distal phalanges of the thumb as well.

Votron5 said:
@Jason

Your punching calcs are excellent but it would be more accurate if you used the distal phalanges of the thumb as well.
Noted. Maybe due to the different postures in "correctly" holding a fist.

My model tuck the thumb under the index and middle finger, while your model places the thumb next to them.

Andytrenom said:
How about flipping a car, or bus or...a tank?
Similar to lifting strength X gravity X height of object being lifted up (factor in mass distribution and moment of the object) less the part left on the floor plus the rolling speed of the object being flipped?

Actually needs calculation on a case by case basis and not a generalised common feat.

I feel puzzled on the bending energy required to bend a baseball bat at 90 degrees from the middle.

But I made the calculation. Please check.

P.S. Please also check if the car explosion yield will debunk any feats that refers to attacks that "blow up a car" as a car with fuel will blow up by itself when burnt.

Votron5 said:
Can catching arrows be calculated?
I think it depends a lot on the distance it was fired, but I think it's generally accepted as Subsonic without a calc.

Votron5 said:
Can catching arrows be calculated?
Easy. Just calculate the arrow speed and the kinetic energy in the arrow and... done. Reaction speed included. Just... How much yield is from catching an arrow compared to slicing a bullet or stop a missile?

More feats:

Breaking a jaw

Dislocating a shoulder

Ripping out someones tongue

cutting someone horizontally or vertically in half

Evaportating and freezing the oceans

Cutting through plate armor

Surviving the core and surface of a neutron star

Surviving the pressures at the bottom of the ocean.

Why don't you put all those requests in one page? How about on my wiki? So all members can add anything they want there and I don't have to scroll through hundreds of posts to check what requests there are.

@Spino

I have gathered all the uncalced requests and put them on your wiki. Though, I do think it would be good to have requests here also so many people can see it and attempt to calc it themselves and not have you barred down with so much work. Maybe I could just post any request I or anyone else has to your wiki so you don't have to scroll through so many posts as you've said?

Shattering guns in half is also a common of a feat.

I'd recommend the AR-15, AK-47, HK416 and M4 Carbine as proper examples, since those are usually the most common ones in fiction.

Spliting a person's head is half

piercing various metal helmets

Pushing back multiple people

bending a tree just before it snaps

snapping a tree in half

destroying an anvil

crushing a human to death

destroying support beams

I'm curious about the anvil feat as well. I tried calculating the yield once but can only guess how accurate I was.

Anyone knowledgeable with explosive energy yield and blast radius of various explosives other than TNT? E.G.

• Mercury(II) fulminate
  • Flour dust (those used to kill goblins as well as some Taiwanese and Hongkongers)
  • OKFOL
  • ð×ð£ 100ð£ðÿ-3ðø
  • A-IX-1

Trail notice: I may rework on the previous destruction value of a car and some side cutting and full destruction energy calculations. Likely done by May 1

Yes, there are a lot of feats in fiction where a character shatters an entire door rather than kicking it open.

I still am not sure about sandbag calc. You'd want the miminum energy a punch must have to pierce a sandbag, so talking the parameters of the bullet and using it to calculate the energy of a punch performing the same feat would only work if that bullet is the weakest bullet that is capable of piercing the bag.

Also the bullet wasn't used on the boxing kind of sandbag, so wouldn't that also make a difference?

Votron5 said:
Yes, there are a lot of feats in fiction where a character shatters an entire door rather than kicking it open.
A feat in kicking a door open is done here. A 10-A feat.

A feat in kicking a locked door open (destroying the lock) is IMO similar to this feat, which is a 9-C feat.

Andytrenom said:
I still am not sure about sandbag calc. You'd want the miminum energy a punch must have to pierce a sandbag, so talking the parameters of the bullet and using it to calculate the energy of a punch performing the same feat would only work if that bullet is the weakest bullet that is capable of piercing the bag.

Also the bullet wasn't used on the boxing kind of sandbag, so wouldn't that also make a difference?
Then it needs further examination on how much to pierce a boxing sandbag, as this is the (1) weakest bullet fire (2) I can find in (3) piercing a military sandbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back