• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Can someone ask DontTalkDT to come evaluate the calcs?
Does it need 2 calc members to approve a calc?

I mean Spino you are a calc member.

Or shamelessly promote me so that I am another one.

I've been here the whole time.

Not sure all of these are "common" (not sure I've ever heard of a feat of busting a washing machine, but hey, I might be out of the loop). But I can look at the more important ones if you feel Spino's eval isn't enough.

@Spino Frankly, you're pretty experienced, at least insofar as calcing on the wiki goes. Longer time here than I, and most blogs out of anyone last year, last I checked. You do good work, boyo.

Wrong, fiction tends to hate chairs a lot, lot more

Either way, can anyone calc chair-busting? I'd do it if I had the values.

Never should have trusted that guy, should've known he was lying about the washing machines

KLOL506 said:
Priority: 1 (Applies to all verses in this site)

Verse: Various

Description: Chairbusting
Assembled1801 said:
Priority: 2 (Applies to all verses in this site)

Verse: Various

Description: Crushing a rock and Destroying or melting a train.
I believe I can do the chair cutting or even chair busting part. As well as the train destruction feat.

May also do a big hole destruction feat.

And a boulder breaking feat model has been done here.

Also AFAIK the area of the fist was corrected to be 430 cm^2 here, and Flashlight237 converted the m^2 to cm^2 wrong, so the feats for punching holes through stuff should probably be re-calculated. Also no idea where 25cm^2 comes from so eh.

This area of the fist comes from the area of fingers that form a punching area of a fist.

And for which surface area to use for a fist... Has anyone measured a punching area by yourself?

I was about to do that but currently I lack a ruler and a marker to measure stuff.

Just something on chair busting feat and basically for any destruction value for metal other than iron or steel:

• Which sets of destruction values for aluminum (and any other metal other than iron or steel) is used?
    • Is this for fragmentation, violent fragmentation or pulverisation of aluminium?
    • What are the other values?
  • Is this good enough for a chair with a wooden square leg of 6 cm thick?
This may create more value sets for destruction values for table surfaces and legs as well.

As for the fist's hitting surface area - I measure it on my own fist and it is roughly 7 cm * 8 cm = 56 cm^2 for a straight punch and 9 cm * 8 cm = 72 cm^2 for a curve punch.

The 430 cm^2 surface area should be for all 6 sides of surface area of the American fist. And 25 cm^2 should be the effective area of a knock when knocking a door with a fist.

Disclaimer: I am an Asian so my fist may be smaller than an American one.

Done with some chair busting feats. May have picked another chair but come on.

Has train crashing calc on schedule. and will do later. May also revise my punching feats a bit. All during this weekend.

(Has my day job to busy on so schedule is delayed. Whoever wants to take over any feat calc please notify anyone in here, thanks.)

Simplified punching feat

Finished calculation of making a hole in a ceiling or floor

Train feat

Finished calculation of pulverising a trai

Finished calculation of melting a trai

Finished calculation of vaporising a trai

Turning other planets other then earth into energy

User blog:Golden Void/Destroying Stuff in the Solar System

User blog:Jasonsith/Mass-energy Conversion Feats - Energy Constructs

Sandbag piercing by punching

User blog:Jasonsith/A page for reference of common feats by Jasonsith#Piercing_a_sandbag

Also some projects doing but takes some more time as I have personal matters:

• Handcuff breaking feats
Some data for your typical handcuff

• Chain breaking feats
Some data for grades of chains

Projects left undone:

KLOL506 said:
Wow, chain-ripping is waaaaaay higher than I thought.
But real life chains come in more sizes than we can think of. (Say handcuff chains are thinner than construction chains and are easier to break.) Which makes a chain ripping feat... Actually needs to be examined on a case by case basis rather than a one-size-for-all feat like wall busting.

By the way, I am asked elsewhere to do a LCD TV busting feat.

but wall busting would be a case by case

Votron5 said:
To break handcuffs, it takes 2200 N of force. 2200 N of force over a meter is just 2200 J, or Street level.
Thank you for giving the force requirement. But the distance is quite arbitrary.

I do notice the standard handcuff should withstand such force for at least 30 seconds before fragmentation, distortion and deformation though.

It's most likely the length of the deformation prior to it breaking, though one requires good understanding of the mechanics of materials to begin with to give a solid answer.

Punching a hole through TVs is more common than blowing one up tho

Also, LCDs are dead. OLEDs are the newest thing in town.

There were times CRT TVs were a thing.

May "pick a new TV to smash" for another set of value.

Punching a hole through it... Interesting. Will do it some time.

CRT are still a thing in developing nations and poorer countries. They're even still manufactured there.

Andytrenom said:
When this thread is over, we will have figured out every possible way to kill a ma
There are far more, but hax doesn´t count...

By the way, maybe we could have some sort of repository for calculations formulations, that would be quite useful.

Generally iffy on this thread but Bobsi is actually right, it's a thought I've had for awhile, basically just a better Calculations page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back