• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A potential fix for MFTL+ to improve user experience

So, as I'm sure we all know, it's very difficult to see how deep a character is into MFTL+ at a glance, and there's literally an nigh-infinite gap between the highest and lowest ends of MFTL+. So, I propose a system based on Payday's 2 infamy system.

Let me explain:

Baseline Massively FTL+ is 1,000x lightspeed. This would be listed as Massively FTL+

Once we reach 1,000,000x lightspeed, it would be listed as Massively FTL+ I

1,000,000,000x lightspeed would be Massively FTL+ II

1,000,000,000,000x lightspeed would be Massively FTL+ III

1,000,000,000,000,000x lightspeed would be Massively FTL+ IV

And so on and so forth.

I'm unsure what we would do for a countless infinite MFTL+ speed, but so far as I know we don't have any characters on this website with that distinction so we'll cross that bridge if we ever get there.

This would make it obvious how fast a character is at a glance to the profile.

this does work but there are other systems people have been thinking of like the superluminal tiers or my own distance based one, unsure if theres any benefits to any of these over the others or if itll just end being personal choice that decides

i think we should get some more speed tiers at some point but im not the one that would be changing all the profiles so i dont have much valid input on it

This actually sounds like a good concept, although we would have to go through every single MFTL+ character to see their depth which would most likely be too much time considering 30000+ profiles

Adopting names such as "Inter-Galactic/Universal Speed" to speeds so fast they cross large distances in a relatively short time would be far better than "MFTL+ I".

This actually sounds like a good concept, although we would have to go through every single MFTL+ character to see their depth which would most likely be too much time considering 30000+ profiles
Oh boy, and scripts don't help either, it would need to be man-made.

And we don't have speed tags because "too much work".

I agree with Planck and Emirp. This is just effective stat-padding of something that'd be equivalent to giving 4-B or 3-A extra tiers for absolutely no reason.

Also WHAT THE **** IS "COUNTLESS INFINITE MFTL+"

He is speaking the language of gods

I think he means people that are an unquantifiably high amount into MFTL+?
There is no such thing as "unquantifiably high amount into MFTL+". Crossing the entire observable universe quickly nets you nothing more than quadrillions to quintillions depending on how fast the feat is done (Usually it's done within seconds or hours as per most fiction when they want to prove a point).

Back