• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A page that explains our standards for sexual content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devilma is super gory, super dark, has a lot of boobs in every single version of it, crossover included, and it has rape scenes. A lot of rape, one of them the protagonist did while flying.

Probably 3, with close on 4.

Well, Sannse seemed to consider the terms acceptable when I asked her to take a look at the page, but I am open for other suggestions.

I will add Devilman as an example.

Devilman is just a 3. It's in the same ballpark as Berserk, just a really mature and edgy series but definitely not a hentai.

Would replacing "Softcore" with "Mild" and "Hardcore" with "Extreme" be better?

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
Devilma is super gory, super dark, has a lot of boobs in every single version of it, crossover included, and it has rape scenes. A lot of rape, one of them the protagonist did while flying.
Probably 3, with close on 4.
I think we really need to stress that the difference between 3 and 4 is that 4 is just straight up ****. There's no deeper content other than getting from A to B, with B being doing it outright. Devilman is nowhere close to being 4. It has themes and elements that stray away from just doing the dirty.

Like, let me make this crystal clear: Two characters having sex does not automatically mean level 4, even if you can see every disgusting detail.

3 is a story with mature themes that maybe has sex here and there that isn't the point of the material. 4 is made with the intent of making you fail NNN.

@Sir Ovens

Should we modify the description for level 3 to avoid misunderstandings?

@Sera

I will change the titles then.

Well most of Go Nagai stuff is perverted anyway, you can just say anything from him for brevity since hes one of the originator of that genre

Perhaps level 3 should instead say:

Verses with shown or heavily descriptive sexual conduct. Said sexual content is not the main focus of the material and is usually part of a greater overall plot. Such content would be akin to an R-rated movie; restricted to mature audiences, but for wholly artistic endeavors.

Are the rest of you fine with if I update the description?

I'd say it's fine the way it is, but I guess that's fine.

I tried to keep the examples to be as diverse in mediums as possible, so I tried not to include too many anime and visual novel examples and instead included literature and live action examples, which is actually harder than I thought.

It has to be something that would trigger the outrage culture to be worth mentioning, i.e. the "male gaze", hence why anime and video games are the low hanging fruit that are easy targets. Western action films are 1 or 2 at best. Perhaps True Lies and James Bond are well known enough

Which rating should we place that example in?

So should we add Bayonetta as an example?

Can we please not just start "ranking" verses based off lewdity? I understand wanting a couple examples, but we lose nuance each time we try to lump in any kind of series into a category. It's been established about ten times already that the amount of sexual references or sex in a verse doesn't exactly make it unacceptable.

Bayonetta is not a 1. DMC isn't a 1. Devilman is not a 4.

@Sera

So should we remove the examples?

The examples should be there just for reference purposes. We should simply stop classifying every verse into those 4 categories as there is little reason to. The page is made just to tell a person that **** and hentai isn't allowed and we should leave it at that.

How have we been classifying verses in this manner?

What I mean is just keep those examples and they are enough. We don't need to add more examples of each and every verse and where it stands on that scale like people were suggesting above regarding many verses being a 1, 2 or 3. It really doesn't matter. The main purpose of that scale was just to publish a rule/guideline that verses having sexual content are allowed as long as they are not straight up **** or hentai.

And I think we're done here. There isn't anything else left to do.

Okay. No problem. I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back