• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A page that explains our standards for sexual content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

We recently finished a long discussion regarding what kind profile pages based on stories featuring sexual content that should be allowed in the wiki:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3268031

After reading through the thread, Sannse, a senior member of the Fandom staff, told me that she agreed with the analysis in the following post:

Sera EX said:
I literally just explained this to Numbers on Discord yesterday... There is a fine distinction between a verse with sexual content, and a verse that's primarily, if not all, sexual content. For this purpose I've categorized something called the "Lewd Scale" (named after Saikou obviously).

Let's go through the levels, shall we?

Level 1: Suggestive - These are verses with excessive fan service such as Fairy Tail or verses that have nude art like Shin Megami Tensei. Nothing serious or overly sexual but not exactly PG either.

Level 2: Ecchi - Verses like High School DxD and To Love Ru. These verses have mild sexual content that qualifies for a 16+ (or 17+ depending on where you live) rating. At most you'd get some breasts and some very suggestive scenes.

Level 3: Eroge - Next there's eroge. This is basically your R-rated movie with sexual content. Many early Nasuverse stories, Masadaverse VNs, the Silverio series, and Demonbane all fit in this category. Games like The Witcher could also be put here.

Level 4: Hentai - Finally, we have hentai (nukige in visual novel terms). This is your x-rated **** basically. On a 22 minute episode, 18 minutes are just sex scenes.

We can allow Ecchi and Eroge. We cannot and should not allow Hentai/Nukige for obvious reasons.

We don't need an 18+ rating. Because the first two levels on the lewd scale aren't even "x-rated" and the third level can pass as 17+ since all of the above examples for it don't even have sexual based feats. We'd be warning about content not even on the site.

I think MGQ sits somewhere between eroge and hentai; don't know; not knowledgeable in the verse, but as long as we don't show or explicitly state in detail any sexual content it's fine.

I don't know what the other verse even is.

If you wish, you can incorporate this scale of some variation of it in the regulation.
Given this, I think that it would be a good idea to create an "Acceptable content rating scale" page for the wiki based on the above, but Sera is dealing with more important issues IRL, so she cannot do so herself.

Would any other staff members be willing to help out?

Got an example? Because I can't picture us actually needing to host anything on here like an image or gif of it. A description hidden behind a collapsible section would be all that's necessary at most. Unless it contains material that FANDOM does not approve of in which case it should be on here at all.

What about verses that don't have sexual content as their main appeal but has like some characters that have lewd stuff as their power? Cause Fate has Rider (Medb) and Kiara Sessyoi who both have NP that involves sexual content.

Theglassman12 said:
What about verses that don't have sexual content as their main appeal but has like some characters that have lewd stuff as their power? Cause Fate has Rider (Medb) and Kiara Sessyoi who both have NP that involves sexual content.
They are just that: suggestive attacks/attack animations. Not much to worry about.

Besides, even if it was a big porblem, it's not like the entire verse would have it, just a few characters.

@Procrastination @Glassman Read the levels in the OP, they answer your questions.

WeeklyBattles said:
>don't have sexual content as their main appeal

>Fate

Glass methinks you need a little history lesson
Implying I need a history lesson on a series that already teaches me about historical figures.

@Agnaa

You are honorary staff, so you can obviously also help out if you wish.

Agnaa said:
@Procrastination @Glassman Read the levels in the OP, they answer your questions.
I was asking Sera regarding her comment on verses with sexual feats being not allowed

Well, for starters, only earlier Nasuverse fits Case 3. The fact that the verse's material doesn't always categorize in a specific category also matters.

@Glass Perhaps verses with sexual feats could be tastefully described on a page with an 18+ warning? I don't remember Sera saying sexual feats weren't allowed (although I could be wrong), just that an 18+ warning isn't needed since there aren't any.

InfiniteSped said:
What about something like Aphrodisiac Pill?
Irrelevant to this discussion? Barely level 2, and it's a single weapon.

The only issues with it are issues with formatting/etc (seemingly being structured as a character page despite being a weapon, didn't have a link to the verse page until I added it, etc.)

@Weekly, it's Nasuverse as a whole that's tier 3; I believe Glassman was simply asking about Fate. Which is a sub part of Nasuverse, but the one he's referring to was a much tamer one than other parts of Nasu.

I think the way Medb and Kiara are are fine. There's nastier daemons in 40k for example, and aliens breeding through forced human impregnation is definitely a thing in some old sci fi films and its not like we'd consider that ****. It's just unpleasant.

(Yes I know that's not the same as Kiara I'd just say that rape as a battle tactic is probably more unsightly than just ******* a planet)

Do you guys need to have everyone explained in the finest details? Not to be rude but it's pretty obvious there's a fine difference between Medb being a ****, and characters literally having sex-related feats. Kiara pleasuring herself with the Earth, which wasn't even depicted in an x-rated fashion, is pretty tame compared to pretty much any hentai out there which is just sex. Nasuverse as a whole ranges from suggestive to eroge, with more modern stuff being ecchi at best, like TypeMoon hasn't released an eroge in a long time because eroge aren't required to make sales anymore. Mahoutsukai no Yoru for example isn't eroge. I don't know how to be any clearer than this, and I'm afraid saying "just use common sense" is going to upset people, so I'm just going to endure this as long as I can (kinda wish this thread was never made honestly, it's technically pointless), but yeah don't expect much.

Let's return to the main point of just writing a new page based on Sera's post please. It should be written in a formal manner.

We shouldn't have any truly mature pages. This is supposed to be an all-ages wiki. Occasionally there is a warning near the top of a page though.

I suppose that might be an idea, but we would need a decent template first then.

I could make one of those for you, if I had an idea of what you wanted the exact wording of the warning to be.

Like Sera said last thread, we don't need that warning for eroge/ecchi pages

We don't need an 18+ rating. Because the first two levels on the lewd scale aren't even "x-rated" and the third level can pass as 17+ since all of the above examples for it don't even have sexual based feats. We'd be warning about content not even on the site.
Especially since they shouldn't have any sexual content on them.

Can we PLEASE stop repeatedly going over ideas that have already been rejected.

This wiki (and kinda Fandom as a whole) already has 13+ warnings. Young children shouldn't be here, especially considering the violent and explative-laden material on many profiles.

Agnaa is probably correct.

You know no one will even know that certain verses have mature content unless we tell them. No one would know that Ren Fuji and Kei Sakurai had two h-scenes together unless someone told them or they looked it up/read the original visual novel for themselves. Neither Ren or Kei's page mentions that they had sex. There are no links on their pages that can be traced said scenes, and there's no images of those scenes on the wiki.

My point? No one can discern a verse has sexual content just by it being here because the explicit content is not featured on site. The entire point of my last few posts on the previous thread was that we're drawing too much attention to this stuff. If someone goes off site and looks up Berserk and discovers its various mature aspects, that's none of our business and is not our or Fandom's concern.

18+ warnings may be needed if there's a verse where sexual feats are required for the profiles, but they should be handled as I outlined below, and should only be included if strictly necessary for indexing.

Agnaa said:
@Glass Perhaps verses with sexual feats could have those feats be tastefully described on a page with an 18+ warning?
But I'm not aware of any verses where those sorts of feats are used in a way where an 18+ restriction is needed.

Verses with sexual feats should be omitted entirely. I'm willing to give an inch and accept all kinds of profiles now like Newgrounds and all that mess, but profiles with **** feats is taking a thousand miles.

I can only really think of one feat like that in a verse that would otherwise be allowed, being a speed feat in 40k where a dude's tentacle impregnates a planet at really high speeds. Now, 40k is mostly books anyways so how lewd can you even really be, but that's pretty clearly different from just straight **** anyways.

@Sera EX; well said. If anyone feels the need to create profiles that absolutely require that, then they can probably create them on another forum.

I have absolutely zero familiarity with Fate, but Glassman seemed to think it had sexual feats.

Theglassman12 said:

That stuff is pretty tame. Mortal Kombat has excessive amounts of gore and displays of mutilation. Medb being a **** (that's it, she's just a ****, nothing overtly NSFW about her) is nothing compared to that. Kiara's noble phantasm is like what? Level 1, maybe 2 at best? Surely isn't the same as watching an episode of Oni Chichi. 40k is fine as well, it's at most not even Level 2 since it's mostly a space epic tabletop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back