• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A lot of Kirby hax abilities

Alright, I was going to wait for the Kirby revision thread to be resolved, but I don't think this thread will interfere with that one because this is just adding a whole bunch of abilities to a bunch of Kirby characters.

First off, I'm going to bring up my last thread trying to add abilities. Two mods agreed with it (well, Cal agreed and Reppuzan said the statements seemed cut and dry but didn't want to make a judgment on it) but I wasn't sure if I needed to edit it myself or a mod had to do it so I didn't really do anything with it. The reason I bring it up is to ask about these minor abilities on top of the abilities I'm going to list.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/656526

Alright, first up are abilities and weapons for Kirby. In Kirby Team Clash Deluxe he gets access to a lot of holy and divine weapons. The Holy Flask gives him access to Holy Water and all of the Platinum weapons and armor are imbued with "heavenly power". I wasn't sure if this would go in abilities as something like "has divine weapons" or if this would go in a separate category.

http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Weapo (Scroll to the Platinum Weapons if you want to make sure about my claim)

As you already probably know, Kirby has telekinesis without the ESP power. He uses this to lift King D-Mind and to shatter the Mirror. It says he sealed him in "a faraway dimension" but I wasn't sure if he should get sealing as an ability because they just put him back in the mirror after beating the crap out of him.

https://youtu.be/kh9q8scnbJI?t=9m58s

Also, I think he might get stat amplification with the potions (and before you say anything, Meta Knight has invincibility via Invincibility candy. So items do apply to the ability set.)

Now for something that applies to both Kirby and Meta Knight. The Dark Mind armor set describes the boss fight of Amazing Mirror like this.

"Armor that once belonged to one who schemed to rule the Mirror World. It is said his soul shattered at the flash of a blade."

Galaxia can shatter souls. This scales to Meta Knight and possibly Kirby because the Platinum blade was stated to be the most powerful blade forged (meaning it is more powerful then Galaxia). So durability negation via attacking your soul.

Moving on to Dark Mind, he obviously survived the whole ordeal. He took his soul being shattered rather well, as he comes back in Kirby Team Clash Deluxe. I'd suggest adding Low Godly Regenerationn to his profile. Low Godly Regenerationn for surviving getting his soul shattered by Galaxia and regenerating multiple times because he was ultimately killed by Kirby shooting stars at him on the Warpstar before coming back in Team Clash Deluxe). Also, this might scale to Zero. Why do I say this? Well, Dark Mind is obviously supposed to be the Mirror version of Zero (with possessing a King Dedede, making his stomach into a mouth thing, and being a giant eyeball.) Though it would most likely only scale to Zero and 02.

One last thing that doesn't really change anything but just kinda gives more justification to MFTL+ Kirby. The Dark Matters have been stated to be universe invaders, which would mean they must fly between universes to invade them. Just something to add I guess.

http://i.imgur.com/v1DX2i5.jpg

The page

https://pastebin.com/sZ8ZQ4zN

Translation of the page

TL:DR. Give Kirby the powers of telekinesis without ESP, possibly dimensional sealing, access to divine weapons, stat amplification via potions, and give him and Meta Knight the ability to attack your soul (so I guess durability negation via attacking your soul). Give Dark Mind Low Godly Regen. Lastly, use the links to possibly justify MFTL+ Kirbyverse even more.

Actually, I agree as well. Some of the stuff I'll need to take a second look at, but a good portion of it is good.

@cal

The one I think might need a second look is the Low Godly regen but I'm glad you think a lot of it is good. I was a bit worried I'd look like a fanboy

I think pretty much all of this is good! The only dubious things are Low-Godly regen for Dark Matter guys (I think it's ok, but we'll obviously need more input, just to be safe) and the soul manipulation. That quote could mean Dark Mind was frightened by the sight of the blade. Mind you (pun!), I wouldn't be suprised by the legitamacy of the ability, let's just make sure we agree there is enough evidence before we get carried away. I personally think that ability is fine and consistent with what we see. So I agree with everything after all, I suppose.

Question: why do you assume the Platinum Blade can also shatter souls? I didnt play that Kirby game, so, dunno. But being > someone doesnt grant you their haxes (normally).

@Pa

I said possibly. I wasn't certain about it but I assumed it was a reasonable assumption being that Kirby would know how powerful Galaxia is and what it can do since he wielded it and (if we count the sub games in Mass Attack) he fought Galaxia. Though it isn't a 100% fact that the Platinum Blade has the same haxes as Galaxia so take that statement with a grain of salt I guess.

I still want Azathoth to look at these since I haven't played enough Kirby games to properly throw my support behind anything.

In addition, do the games have any statements to back the Word of God statement? We've been increasingly strict about these things, and I want some solid evidence in-game before we start making revisions.

I don't want to be nodding my head sheepishly without hard evidence.

@Rep

It slipped my mind to message Azathoth. That would probably be a good idea.

I'll have to look again through the games for proof of some of the things that was WoG in the revisions. I think the "Dark Mind being a soul" bit was stated somewhere in Amazing Mirror but I'll have to make sure. I'll have what proof I need in a day or two. Is there a specific WoG statement that you think would be more important to prove than the other ones? I want to make sure so I don't end up looking for proof for the statements that might not be as important.

I will inform Azathoth about this thread.

TK seems fine, as does access to holy weapons and potential stat amping via items.

I am less in agreement with Galaxia hitting souls. Not only has this never been done before, but the way it's phrased ("It is said his soul shattered at the flash of a blade") makes it sound more like some kind of metaphor, and likely just refers to Dark Mind's essence being split during his defeat.

@Azathoth

I'd be fine with just those changes. For the potions part, should we put a note next to the stat amplification that he can use five of each potion per battle?

We'll just have to wait and see if Galaxia gets any soul slashing feats in the two Kirby games that are coming out this year. If they do, I'll probably end up coming back to that point.

So, in conclusion everyone agrees on Kirby having TK, holy weapons, and stat amping via potions correct?

Back