• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Hat in Time Fixes & Revisions Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen other profiles that have that but alright, though looking further into it I have a problem with the 4-A scaling in general, since it's all being scaled from Mustache Girl who does the feat over-time by dropping hundreds of time pieces. So I don't know if there's enough reason she should scale to this physically.
It doesn't seem like it's created "over-time" though, it seems to be made in an instant once Mustache Girl reappears. Thinking about it- Those could just be novelty props and additional attacks to weaken and damage Hat Kid in advance to the battle, for there isn't any evidence of them all creating it. It would be more plausible to justify the one time piece that made the void, soon resulting in the pocket dimension. And besides, take the pocket dimension collapsing upon Mustache Girl's defeat and the Death Wish Time Pieces into account.

It doesn't seem like it's created "over-time" though, it seems to be made in an instant once Mustache Girl reappears. Thinking about it- Those could just be novelty props and additional attacks to weaken and damage Hat Kid in advance to the battle, for there isn't any evidence of them all creating it. It would be more plausible to justify the one time piece that made the void, soon resulting in the pocket dimension. And besides, take the pocket dimension collapsing upon Mustache Girl's defeat and the Death Wish Time Pieces into account.
It wasn't instant at all, you literally see hundreds of time pieces fall before the realm is made:

I don't see how they'd be novelty props, she uses time pieces as a way to attack, nothing at all implies they're props. It wouldn't be more plausible to assume that, the attack turns it into a void and then after hundreds of time pieces fall (mind you some of the time pieces are falling out of bounds, so this isn't purely to just attack Hat Kid), the realm then comes into creation, it's much more likely to assume what's being shown.

Mustache Girl is amped by far more then one time piece, from what i've seen on the profiles, death wish time pieces are treated as more powerful then the regular time pieces.

I just think it's weird to physically scale Hat Kid to 4-A to an overtime feat but then also scale the Bosses cause they have one time piece that actively give Hat Kid a very difficult time but then she just can suddenly fight one amped with far more then one time piece.

Because it isn't over-time. There is no evidence suggesting that they all create the pocket dimension collectively, since these are the same exact Time Pieces that fall to attack Hat Kid during the fight itself, they're an attack and objects used to damage Hat Kid, and nothing more. The same can be shown in the many Death Wish battles. Again, one Time Piece was required for this whole process to happen in the first place, hell, they are known for creating entire pocket dimensions after all, as seen with the several Time Rifts scattered throughout the game. The instruction manual even says this. In A Hat in Time's case, "Rifts" are a term used to refer to the dreamy pocket dimensions Hat Kid traverses to after entering the portals around the world the game takes place on.

I wouldn't say this. Sure, Death Wish bosses can be seen as more powerful than the normal bosses, but the Death Wish Time Pieces just appear to be separate, equally-as-powerful relics to the normal ones. It'd make sense if they'd scale off of each other as well.

Also, yes, it might seem a tad odd, but that's VsBattles for you. And even so, nothing implies they are as powerful as Mustache Girl, as in a canonical sense, they are weaker. But, due to their placements in the game as main characters & important boss fights, and how they fought Hat Kid in the first place, that wouldn't mean they won't scale regardless. Characters scale to each other on a lesser degree all the time.

They don't fall during the fight itself, you can check through the entire fight, hell the only time they fall is the minute Mustache Girl notes they start disappearing:

Which would actually further suggest my claim.

The only time rift that has a 4-A realm from what I've seen is a death wish time rift, the others span across factories, an ocean's length, etc.

All she describes rifts as in the manual is this:
"Large Portals with challenges" not a dreamy pocket dimension.

But why would the death wish bosses be more powerful, yet they use death wish time pieces in their fight which would be weaker than them in this case?

Also, yes, it might seem a tad odd, but that's VsBattles for you. And even so, nothing implies they are as powerful as Mustache Girl, as in a canonical sense, they are weaker. But, due to their placements in the game as main characters & important boss fights, and how they fought Hat Kid in the first place, that wouldn't mean they won't scale regardless. Characters scale to each other on a lesser degree all the time.
What I'm saying is one amped by a single is being scaled for giving a very hard time to the person that fought someone amped by at least 25 pieces. Can you give examples?

That is during the fight, though, therefore that proves my point. There are merely methods of attacks (presumably used by Mustache Girl or not) to harm and damage Hat Kid. I still see no indication that they are all responsible for creating this pocket dimension since they are used as decoys for attacks. Literally no evidence what-so-ever, as she only states her "powers" are disappearing which could be indicative of another matter entirely.

Examples in what way? From within A Hat in Time itself, or from other verses, which we are allowed to both go off of for reference. For the record, some of these characters are likely as powerful as Hat Kid herself, not Mustache Girl. The Empress is able to completely oneshot and kill Hat Kid with a single swipe, and post-battle, Snatcher is shown to be completely unharmed from the battle and was only acting injured to catch Hat Kid off guard, proving that she was nothing but an inconvenience to him, not a hurtful opponent.

And just to clarify, Base Mustache Girl is only 9-B for only overpowering fodder enemies. She used those Time Pieces, and could've gotten herself on Hat Kid's level presumably. I see where you are coming from in this sense, but I feel the cause I am trying to argue for has validity to it as well.

That doesn't prove your point because that attack only happens the minute the realm is starting to fall apart. They're not decoys used for attacks since a lot of those time pieces fall outside of the area where Hat Kid is dodging around. She states her powers and disappearing and during that we see the realm shake and the time pieces fall, through deduction I'm falling on the fact that the time pieces overtime made the realm, or it would've made no sense for Mustache Girl to have had the time pieces fall far outside of where Hat Kid was and for her to randomly use that fall attack again when it didn't even hit Hat Kid.

I'm asking for examples for profiles where this is allowed. I don't see what the Empress and Snatcher example prove exactly to my argument.

I'm aware Base MG is, though my problem is that Hat Kid's level is apparently 25 or higher time pieces yet other bosses with a single time piece (or less in the Empress' case), pose a serious threat to her or in the example of Empress or Snatcher don't even be harmed by her.

I'm aware Base MG is, though my problem is that Hat Kid's level is apparently 25 or higher time pieces yet other bosses with a single time piece (or less in the Empress' case), pose a serious threat to her or in the example of Empress or Snatcher don't even be harmed by her.
Their base power (without Time Pieces) could be comparable to Hat Kid

Their base power (without Time Pieces) could be comparable to Hat Kid
That'd be really weird scaling, like the time pieces are treated as a big thing and then suddenly the main bosses/Empress just roughly scales to 25x of them. Though the main problem as of now falls under whether or not the 4-A feat can physically scale or not, since other threads have been implying the feat needs to be instant (or at least a second) and Mustache Girl's feat wasn't. For this case I think we need to contact admins on the case of how much a timeframe is deemed acceptable for it to be a full feat or not.

I wasn't getting notices until now. I have not played the game myself, so I'm neutral on the bosses scaling from Mustache girl. But Mustache girl apparently used multiple time pieces to perform the 4-A feat. And she's the final boss, logically meaning she's the strongest considerably. And it doesn't seem like other bosses used that many time pieces either. But I'm neutral overall. I did say the speed upgrades and Extraordinary Genius intelligence is fine though.

You may contact other staff members if needed.

I think that is probably fine as long as there is no controversy surrounding the changes.

Thank you. Can you summarise what changes that remain, and why you wish to apply them please?

Thank you. Can you summarise what changes that remain, and why you wish to apply them please?
Talking about Mustache Girl's 4-A AP which I'd like an admin or someone to look over to see if it's considered instant or overtime since from what I've heard in another thread feats in question are assumed to be done in a one second time frame.

Can you ask Mr. Bambu, Damage3245, Dargoo Faust, and Wokistan to comment here via their message walls please? There seems to be something wrong with their notifications.

Last edited:
I get the notifications, however I'm currently commenting on such a large number of CRTs and getting such a large number of requests that I can't instantly jump onto stuff like this, apologies.

I find it interesting that "Her powers appear to come from the Time Pieces themselves" is the only claim on the profile that isn't cited, despite it being what is essentially the lynchpin for the entire justification of her tier. It also fails to describe the time pieces being used to enhance her striking strength, durability, and other physical attributes, making those ratings largely unjustified.

Also, am I just being asked to comment on 9-B goons? It seems like most of the stuff here was already applied.

I think that we need an evaluation of the validity of a 4-A feat in terms of mathematical basis, but may have misunderstood or misremembered.

I find it interesting that "Her powers appear to come from the Time Pieces themselves" is the only claim on the profile that isn't cited, despite it being what is essentially the lynchpin for the entire justification of her tier. It also fails to describe the time pieces being used to enhance her striking strength, durability, and other physical attributes, making those ratings largely unjustified.
time pieces should scale to their users as mustache girl casually oneshots fodders with them where the mafia were able to overpower her before. also she can damage hat kid by slapping her, and hat kid can take lasers from time pieces. which would scale to mustache girl's dura and ss.

time pieces should scale to their users as mustache girl casually oneshots fodders with them where the mafia were able to overpower her before. also she can damage hat kid by slapping her, and hat kid can take lasers from time pieces. which would scale to mustache girl's dura and ss.
Idk why one-shotting fodder she could one-shot beforehand really proves an amp. Also as we've been discussing on this thread it's very much not likely that a single time piece causes a 4-A feat.

@GiverOfThePeace @TheRexor28

That's all well and good - this should just be, you know, explained on the profiles themselves under Durability and Striking Strength, with appropriate citations, instead of just having the ratings with nothing explained.

Well the issue is in the first place if they stay physically 4-A via this, cause the 4-A feat in question looks like an overtime feat, that's why I called you and 3 others to gauge the feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back