• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A few possible Pokemon upgrades

ok so like, two qustions:

1. I have read the manga online, can I upload the screenshots here?

2. In the screenshots (they're in portuguese but I can translate) Darkrai clashes with Mewtwo and Regigigas restrains Palkia and Dialga at the same time (although they were controled by Cyrus at that specific point). Are those outliers?

Regigigas restraining Palkia and Dialga is an outlier for sure. Unless they were weakened immensely.

Alright (the same scene has Diamond use a Mamoswine because it's super effective even though it's not so I kinda expected it)

What about Mewtwo?

Pulinno said:
Alright (the same scene has Diamond use a Mamoswine because it's super effective even though it's not so I kinda expected it)

What about Mewtwo?
Wouldn't scaling that to Mewtwo make basically every legendary 2-B?

Well as far as I know, it'd be Deoxys and Mew

and Genesect

and... Rayquasa

Well that could be something...

I mean some of them, like Groudon and Kyogre, shouldn't be changed (since they, fighting at their full might, didn't even destroy the world)

JoshSSJGod said:
And ya asking for 2-C Ash's Pikachu?
Ash's Sceptile is more reasonable as 2-C, although Pikachu could scale as well if we assume Tobias's Latios is comparable to his Darkrai

@Pulinno I think basically every 5-B characters except Primals would scale if this goes through. The Primals have their own 5-B feat and I don't think they backscale from Rayquaza

SuperKamiNappa said:
@Pulinno I think basically every 5-B characters except Primals would scale if this goes through. The Primals have their own 5-B feat and I don't think they backscale from Rayquaza
Yeah maybe the two together at Primal form scale against base Rayquasa, but I think low-2C should only be Mega, considering that form defeated Deoxys

Pulinno said:
Probably PIS, but line the whole concepto of Tobias is PIS
While Tobias was indeed a PiS device to stop Ash winning the Sinnoh league and after he served his purpose he was never heard from again (just like Ash's previous league only rivals), I'll still take Tobias over Cameron any day (the Unova league was just ugh...).

Cameron at least had a personality (and like, a good team: a Hydreigon, a Ferrothorn, a Samurott... ok Swanna's kinda trash but Lucario's not)

but seriously if he had brought his Watchog it would be a 5-6, not a 4-6. and that is, imo, not the worst BW anime battle (YES IT IS YOU SNIVY VS PIKACHU)

Anyway, here's the CRT: Thread:4155259

Yeah maybe the two together at Primal form scale against base Rayquasa, but I think low-2C should only be Mega, considering that form defeated Deoxys

Base Rayquaza beat Deoxys in their first fight

i'll be honest, darkrai should not be 2-C in my opinion. I mean, yeah, he had some questionable feats, but he also had anti-feats. Mewtwo clashed with him and lucario from pokemon 7 one-shot him. I think upgrading mewtwo to 2-C or downgrading darkrai to 5-B would be more consistent than the fact that they upgraded a lucario to 2-C possibly 2-B.

Yea i agree. Also, Palkia somewhat stomped Darkrai in pokemon mystery dungeon iirc. Darkrai survived, but this should not make them 2-B.

Arceus0x said:
i'll be honest, darkrai should not be 2-C in my opinion. I mean, yeah, he had some questionable feats, but he also had anti-feats. Mewtwo clashed with him and lucario from pokemon 7 one-shot him. I think upgrading mewtwo to 2-C or downgrading darkrai to 5-B would be more consistent than the fact that they upgraded a lucario to 2-C possibly 2-B.
No, those are simply just outliers.

Mewtwo literally clashed with Darkrai for 5 seconds, thats it. Easy outlier for Mewtwo. And Lucario was amped when fighting Darkrai. But in my honest opinion, Lucario 7 should be the one who is downgraded if anything.

Rtxthegamer said:
Yea i agree. Also, Palkia somewhat stomped Darkrai in pokemon mystery dungeon iirc. Darkrai survived, but this should not make them 2-B.
It wasn't a stomp, Palkia just severely harmed Darkrai with a bloodlusted Spatial Rend. Which Darkrai survived.

And this was after Darkrai got his ass beat by the combined might of Cresselia (his equal) and the protagonists, who defeated Primal Dialga prior to this.

Hey so where exactly does Darkrai fight the creation trio again? If it's in the Platinum manga or later please don't show screenshots because spoilers

In the Rise of Darkrai movie? And also in Mystery Dungeon somewhat with a weakened Darkrai tanking a full powered Spatial Rend from a bloodlusted Palkia.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Rtxthegamer said:
It wasn't a stomp, Palkia just severely harmed Darkrai with a bloodlusted Spatial Rend. Which Darkrai survived.
And this was after Darkrai got his ass beat by the combined might of Cresselia (his equal) and the protagonists, who defeated Primal Dialga prior to this.
the protagonists also beat primal dialga prior to fighting the entire guild which included wigglytuff yet he is not low 2-C so the protag argument makes no sense.

Darkrai still got harmed and had 0 ways to retaliate to palkia, even if he was weakend. Power levels in pokemon are not consistent so survivng a random hit from palkia shouldn't scale. He barely able to do something notable to dialga and palkia in the anime but the anime is hellishly inconsistent.

Let's just look at the feats and anti-feats:

feats:

-Darkrai survived a hit from palkia in an inconsistent game

-Darkrai pushed away dialga and palkia in an anime movie while they were distracted and only cared about fighting each other. A movie later pikachu harms arceus... talk about consistency ey?

anti-feats:

-mewtwo clashed with Darkrai in the manga

-Darkrai gets beaten by sceptile in the anime

-Darkrai gets dunked on by a somewhat powered up lucario

The only somewhat credible thing is Darkrai surviving a hit from Palkia in mistery dungeon where even dialga is only low 2-C.

>the protagonists also beat primal dialga prior to fighting the entire guild which included wigglytuff yet he is not low 2-C so the protag argument makes no sense.

The Protagonists are Low 2-C though. Wigglytuff should be if he isnt already.

>Darkrai still got harmed and had 0 ways to retaliate to palkia, even if he was weakend. Power levels in pokemon are not consistent so survivng a random hit from palkia shouldn't scale.

You do realize Darkrai was already weakened and exhausted before Palkia attacked him right? Even so, it doesnt matter. Darkrai survived the full brunt of a bloodlusted Palkia's attack. Thats a 2-B feat.

>He barely able to do something notable to dialga and palkia in the anime but the anime is hellishly inconsistent.

"Barely"

Pushing away 2-B legendaries with dark pulse, stopping their signature moves simutaneously, and tanking multiple of their attacks are plenty of 2-B feats. Darkrai scales, he's simply much weaker than Dialga and Palkia.

>A movie later pikachu harms arceus... talk about consistency ey?

Which is, again, another massive outlier. Seriously dude? Learn the difference between outlier and inconsistency.

>mewtwo clashed with Darkrai in the manga

Oh look. Another outlier.

>Darkrai gets beaten by sceptile in the anime

Once again, another outlier. Especially when that very same Darkrai was one shotting all of Ash's pokemon, every sinnoh league contestant and every gym in Sinnoh without breaking a sweat. And Sceptile won by forcefully waking up from a Dark Void (which not even Dialga and Palkia could do). And then Sceptile gets one shotted by Latios literally moments after that.

>Darkrai gets dunked on by a somewhat powered up lucario

Another outlier. Lucario actually needs to be downgraded.

>where even dialga is only low 2-C

No, Primal Dialga is the one who is Low 2-C. Normal Dialga is 2-B

All of these "anti-feats" you cling to and are so adamant about are outliers for other Pokemo.

Back