• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A dispute about the Dragon Ball Super power ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you guys were talking about the fansub, which is full of errors.

Then I would like to apologize when I bad-mouth him before.

If it was that Herms you are talking about then he is argeeing with my idea, instead.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=31269

"Elder Kaioshin: "Don't you understand what will happen to this universe if Beerus-sama gets serious?" "

"Context: As Goku and Beerus punch each other, weird shockwaves are generated that spread far and wide
Elder Kaioshin: "It seems that the destructive power increases the further removed it gets from the generation point. We're done for...The universe will be destroyed. If those two clash a few more times, then people, planets, us gods, even Beerus-sama and Goku...Everything will be totally destroyed. This universe will become a vacuum, devoid of anything." Significance: So the pay-off to all that "Beerus can destroy the universe" hype. By "generation point" (þÖ║þöƒÕ£░þé╣) he presumably means the point from which the destructive power is being generated from...in other words, from where Beerus and Goku are fighting. While we don't get any more exposition on the subject besides what's above, the idea seems to be that since the destructive power increases the further away it gets from Goku and Beerus' battle, that's why people on Earth just get knocked over by these shockwaves, while further out into space the waves destroy entire planets."

Beerus and Goku were trading multiple blows over before the below happeend.

Minute: 10 Context: Following on from the explanation above.
East Kaioshin: "How many more times? How many more times can the universe endure a collusion between those two?"
Elder Kaioshn: "Um, about two times tops."
East: "Just two times?!"
Elder: "Oh, wait, maybe three times."
East: "This is important! Can't you be more precise?!"
Elder: "Alright, then...about two and a half times." Significance: Then Goku and Beerus seem to punch each other a dozen or so more times without the universe ending, but see below...(after the Mister Satan thing)..."

This is where Goku attempt to try the nullifying technique, before that, he didn't.

"Minute: 19 Context: Following the noticeable lack of universal destruction.
Elder Kaioshin: "[Goku] erased Beerus-sama's attack by slamming his fist against Beerus' at exactly the same speed and angle. He had planned on perfecting [the technique] on the second blow, but of course with Beerus-sama it wasn't so simple."
Beerus (thinking to himself): "Did this guy test out a new techniuqe in the middle of his fight with me?" Significance: So Goku "erased" Beerus' attack by countering it with an equivalent attack. And he only got this right on the third attempt, which is why the first two times Goku and Beerus punch each other at the same time it generated shockwaves."

Next, Herms has almost the same idea with me, again.

"Minute: 8-9 Context: as the shockwaves from the beam struggle continue to spread
Satan City Reporter: "These unidentified distortions are spreading not only throughout Satan City, but throughout the entire world! What is it leading up to?"
Mister Satan: "Oh…It's just like the end of the world, isn't it?"
Whis: "Correct."
Satan: "Huh? What's that supposed to mean?"
Whis: "For Super Saiyan God to possess this much power was unexpected. At minimum the Earth or several neighboring planets will be destroyed."

"Minute: 9 Context: after Whis has to explain about the world ending again, in simpler terms
Satan: "The world will end…? Please! Use your magic to protect everyone, like you did earlier!"
Whis: "Don't be ridiculous. There's no way I could stop power capable of destroying the world, is there?" Significance: Somewhat weird if Whis is supposed to be stronger than Beerus and Goku, but at the same time being stronger than someone and being able to stop their power from destroying the world could be two separate things. Whis also might not be speaking entirely honestly here."

@DeezNuts1102: "Interchangable" does not equal to "Always so".

@Antvasima: Not much different, except people are forgotting that both Beerus and Goku were fighting like crazy prior it reaches to the point "only 3 times more".

@okay: this is probably the last time im gonna comment here

-In japanese term, Sekai always means The world(The earth) but in some cases like this one, Uchuu was mentioned several times, and then Sekai was said after that, it is nothing but a different indication about the universe, Sekai can also refer to The Universe which only exist in this scenario, Sekai is equivalent to Uchuu.

-In normal case, like Kaguya's TSB being said to able to change time and space of the World(Sekai). which only refer to the earth since Naruto has never reached or been mentioned to be at galactic level/universal to begin with so Universe would be a wrong term here.

What you posted earlier was quadrants of a Galaxy ffs while Akira clearly said that the universe has 4 main sections/quadrants, NOT Galaxy has 4 main sections. And the 4 galaxy thing was debunked way long ago, bringing this up again then i will inform the admins.

Except that Whis, the most reliable source of information regarding Beerus was saying this.

Whis: "For Super Saiyan God to possess this much power was unexpected. At minimum the Earth or several neighboring planets will be destroyed."

"Minute: 9

Context: after Whis has to explain about the world ending again, in simpler terms
Satan: "The world will end…? Please! Use your magic to protect everyone, like you did earlier!"
Whis: "Don't be ridiculous. There's no way I could stop power capable of destroying the world, is there?"

Significance: Somewhat weird if Whis is supposed to be stronger than Beerus and Goku, but at the same time being stronger than someone and being able to stop their power from destroying the world could be two separate things. Whis also might not be speaking entirely honestly here."

Does this sound like galaxy-busting to you let alone universe-busting?

I said I was going to sleep but I might as well say that the 4 galaxies thing was debunked by the OBD, and now more recently by episode 16 of Super. You can see it on a few forums here. Well night everyone.Also bare minimum came from the fact that Beerus and Goku were doing their best to nullify and condense their powers to prevent the universe from being destroyed( pretty sure Whis knew Beerus could nullify the attack) You keep mentioning that statement from Whis and are classifying it as world, but the feat says otherwise.

Coston said:
Anyone want to bring up the "quadrant" thing.
This is your so called galactic quadrant. 1/4 of a single galaxy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactic_quadrant

Furthermore, Herms does not support anything about DB Universe being the same size of our universe. Only four galaxies.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11656&p=302382

That would the feat even less impressive.

Seriously, aren't you guys the one twisting his argument for your benefit?
You're misinformed with outdated information. The 4 galaxy nonsense from the non canon databook has been thoroughly debunked in ep 1 and ep 16. So can rest your case. It's getting annoying

Really? What did EP16 show?

We saw Whis and Vegeta travel at FTL speed and the view we got before they going to Beerus' "Hoshi"/"Star" is that a lot of stars are around.

So how does that prove that DB has more than 4 galaxies?

DBSuperEp16

Does this look like galaxies to you? Or just stars?

Depend on the answer then I can see this wikia or at least DB pages are going to hell.

Well, going by the above translation, Elder Grand Kaioshin seems to have legitimately stated that Beerus and Goku risked to destroy the universe, and the shockwaves of their battle apparently travelled throughout all of the universe and afterlife, including the Kaioshin realm, which lends credence to the claim.

As for the size of the Dragon Ball universe, there was another image of a galaxy surrounded by a large amounts of other galaxies, which even God Movement (the boss of the OBD) considered legitimate.

So, given the previous statements in guidebooks, I think that Akira Toriyama originally wanted the DB universe to only have 4 galaxies, but that he either changed his mind, or other people involved in the production of the show wanted it to be a regular universe. Until contradicted, this should however still hold true for the Dragon Ball GT continuity.

I know this has been discussed a ludicrous amount of times here, however, since im having the chance is this thread, im going to bring up i still hardly disagree with the Cell not being SS buster even tho it seems like everyone accepts this [1]

for a single reason, Akira Toriyama writes everything as simple as possible, he has never made a character bluff like that before, Cell had no reasons to Bluff, also, IF someone bluffes on dragonball Akira always make sure to leave it crystal CLEAR so everyone can understand what is happening.

Another reason why many ppl did not believe in Cell SS its because the other series feats were not high enough for that, now that we have feats over a Millions times more insane than that , it should be dropped and everyone powerscaled from Cell.

I already mentioned that Lord Kavpeny will look into Cell's statement, and what we are going to do about Buu (Who legitimately destroyed a galaxy in the original anime series, which does not seem so out of place now, and I am curious about whether or not he did the same thing in the new anime series, which is referenced in DB Super?) and other characters at his level.

However, he will do so at the earliest the 28th October, and this is not the right place to discuss this.

(Gets the popcorn out and watches) DB, I feel so sorry for you as a verse right now. Everything was going to be destroyed by three punches, yet everyone still wishes to debate it. A huge energy blast enough that it would have eradicated the entire universe, with so much power that it could literally be seen from the Kaio Realm, yet it's still debated... Goku protects the earth from Beerus' destructive power and you are still not free. So sorry DB, you will never be free. Changed to your depressive shackles even though the visual evidence and manga still state it as Universe Busting. For sooth. (Eats some popcorn)

Those fan translations are so biased. Even when using people who specifically study DB and have no reason to lie, it's all a lie. He's just so bad at his job! Hermaderm, you cruel bastard you! YOU LIED TO US!

Davy0 said:
Those fan translations are so biased. Even when using people who specifically study DB and have no reason to lie, it's all a lie. He's just so bad at his job! Hermaderm, you cruel bastard you! YOU LIED TO US!
What?

I don't see how anything good can come of this, I mean isn't all of this just rehashed arguments we've answered/Debunked before?

That's right but there's a guy who wants to downplay dbz so much that he literally disregarded everything in Super and claim that they're only Star/SS level. I just wanna escape this cruel reality, so unfair to DBZ.

(*Sigh*)

DBZ, why can't you catch a break?

So, from what I've (Briefly) overlooked, this entire argument is based on the use of the word "world" in the episodes. However, as has been mentioned before, world is interchangeable with universe in Japanese (Like in Final Fantasy XIII), and there seems to be far, far more evidence pointing towards the use of the term to refer to it as such, not exactly harmed by the title of one of the episodes literally being "The Universe Crumbles".

It seems that Coston also has problems with OBD as they disagree with him for wank/downplay feats too.

I Don't think we should listen to him.

Well, I also think that DB should stay as it is. The thing is that, if I remember correctly, Coston is well informed about other franchises such as Umineko, to the point that he could even argue with DarkLK, who is the undisputed guru of this wiki, and likely the entire battleboard community as a whole, so I thought that we should let him have his say.

FanofRPGs said:
Can someone translate this script from DBZ Kai?

00:25:17,782 --> 00:25:24,789

ÒâÉÒé½Òü½ÒüùÒéäÒüîÒüúÒüªÒâ╝´╝ü

00:25:24,789 --> 00:25:27,792

ÒüéÒüüÒâ╝´╝ü

00:25:27,792 --> 00:25:31,796

Òü¥ÒüÜÒüäÒÇéÒÇÇÒüéÒüäÒüñÒÇÇÕ«îÕà¿Òü½

Úá¡Òü½ÞíÇÒüîõ©èÒüúÒüíÒü¥ÒüúÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇé

00:25:31,796 --> 00:25:35,800

µ¡óÒéüÒü¡ÒüêÒü¿ÒÇÇþò░µ¼íÕàâÒü½

ÒüôÒü«Õ«çÕ«ÖÒüîµè╝ÒüùÒüñÒüÂÒüòÒéîÒüíÒü¥ÒüåÒÇéÔåÆ

00:25:35,800 --> 00:25:38,803

ÒüáÒüüÒâ╝´╝ü

00:25:38,803 --> 00:25:41,806

´╝êÒâûÒéª)ÒüéÒüüÒâ╝´╝ü

´╝êÒâÖÒé©ÒââÒâê)ÒüáÒéèÒéâÒâ╝´╝ü
It's essentially saying that Buu's power was causing dimensional disturbances that could have caused the universe to collapse if Vegito didn't stop him.

Did Buu destroy a galaxy in DBZ Kai as well?

Hmm. If DBZ Kai is canon to DB Super, we may have to incorporate that feat, but it is up to Lord Kavpeny to decide.

Antvasima said:
Hmm. If DBZ Kai is canon to DB Super, we may have to incorporate that feat, but it is up to Lord Kavpeny to decide.
Well IIRC the footage from Dragon Ball Super episode 1, was DBZ Footage (I am not sure)

Even then Torishimia considered it official, it is made to be a refreshed and more faithful version, and some filler elements have been incorporated to canon things (Like Gregory for example)

Dragonball galaxies
3 galaxies and billions of dots

If anyone still want to debate about the 4 galaxies thing, here's a brief moment of Dbz's galaxies. so yeah 4-galaxy debunked!

the 4 galaxy thing is already dead and done for FOR GOOD

i really dont think its needed to be brought u unless someone actually starts the 4 galaxy dbz thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back