• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball's Main Cannon Timeline number downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say he was changing his own future.

But he was changing the future of the time he travelled back to because he travelled back to it. Trunks even wonders if the differences he's noting could have been caused by him travelling back in time. If a person travelling back in time didn't cause any changes, why would Trunks ask this?
Again your misunderstanding what I was saying. OP points are that the Time Machine changes the past through going to the past.

Example android’s die in the past this they die in the future. Which is wrong what trunks was saying was a follow up to when he brought up changes in history can occur through the most minor things.

Which is constant with how the franchisee treats parallel worlds.

Wouldn’t it be when Cell arrived 3 years before even that, burrowing and developing within the ground? Just curious.
Technically yes - but Cell was never planned to be an initial part of the story. At the same when those chapters came out, the one who had changed the past first was Trunks coming back and killing Frieza/Cold.

(There is in fact a timeline out there that Trunks caused to diverge first where he and the Z Fighters defeated the androids and he returned back to the future but we never see that one directly)

Again your misunderstanding what I was saying. OP points are that the Time Machine changes the past through going to the past.
No? I didn't said that? Changing history makes the timeline branch into others, it never changes the futureit create ananother
Example android’s die in the past this they die in the future. Which is wrong what trunks was saying was a follow up to when he brought up changes in history can occur through the most minor things.

Which is constant with how the franchisee treats parallel worlds.
Trunks says this in relation to the "minor action" of him saving Goku's life with the medicine, the entire context of the coversation was how he created a new timeline with his minor actions, that is even more proeminent in the original japanese, which @Nullflowerblush showed a few pages back

Them knowing of Zamasu existence is irrelevant though.
Then how the hell would they know what pertains to the situation?
It’s not even what the OP was arguing about.
I dont care, im not OP.
He’s saying timelines only come about new through alternating history. Beerus clearly kills this assumption right off the bat. It’s that simple.
Im seeing the literal opposite.

It’s not if it has a glaring contradiction with the narrative.
The narrative, is literally that only a handful exist.

Again no just because you’re chronologically in the past in a completely unrelated timeline is not time travel in the way the poster is supposing.
I dont care? Im not him.
They’re saying Time is only meant to flow in one direction so when you go to the past it changes the future. This can’t happen if so there would not be a new time ring creating through Beerus actions.
Beerus was in the past dog.
The main timeline is a byproduct of Trunks actions making a new timeline and him going to said timeline that’s not time traveling.
You literally just contradicted himself, it was made by Trunks' actions, in the PAST. When he goes to said to timeline, he's still going to the past because said timeline is in the past, just not his anymore.
And there is less than ten time rings that are relevant to the plot.
They say "all", and then Zamasu too. I kindly ask you to actually SHOW where they limit and specify this. Especially when, how the hell would they know which ring is relevant?
It’s why they were shocked when there was a new one. Because it was pertaining to their situation.
They were shocked, twice, two different dudes by the way, simply because a new one formed. At all.

They dont state what youre arguing.

Plus in Zamasu's case, why the hell would he limit himself like that?
Actually same with Gowasu, he doesnt even know what the issue is, why is he limiting it?
To the same exact rings? Of which we know arent all relevant to begin with anyhow.

This whole argument is based on a presumption that doesnt even make sense.
Not the room full of them.
Nobody even proved that room is full of them to begin with.
Worst part is, in two, of the three times, they wouldnt have even been checking rings for just that fiasco anyhow.

Worst part is, in two, of the three times, they wouldnt have even been checking rings for that just that fiasco anyhow.
Worst of all is that the room is implied to be only a place Gowasu thought was safe to guard them and nothing else, he shows the 1 box with 5 rings and says "they are all here" even

Yeah, I think we can consider the point about the number of timelines as being settled. Any further discussion on that point is just going around in circles. Let's move on.

No? I didn't said that? Changing history makes the timeline branch into others, it never changes the futureit create ananother
Whis explains early on why changing the time and the past is prohibited, because time is supposed to only flow in one direction only
The entire scene is Whis explaining changes to the past alter the future. This is how it works to time rings as they allow you to travel freely throughout your own time. Whis assumed the Time Machine worked on the same principle.
Trunks says this in relation to the "minor action" of him saving Goku's life with the medicine, the entire context of the coversation was how he created a new timeline with his minor actions, that is even more proeminent in the original japanese, which @Nullflowerblush showed a few pages back
Saving Goku’s life is not a minor thing. Whis even gives an example when he says picking a flower can cause drastic changes in history. On top of the fact that the conversation in question doesn’t even take cells changes to history in question where he just sat around and slept for 4 years.

The entire scene is Whis explaining changes to the past alter the future. This is how it works to time rings as they allow you to travel freely throughout your own time. Whis assumed the Time Machine worked on the same principle.
Yes, which in turn creates another timeline with said future, that was the point of his explanation

Saving Goku’s life is not a minor thing. Whis even gives an example when he says picking a flower can cause drastic changes in history. On top of the fact that the conversation in question doesn’t even take cells changes to history in question where he just sat around and slept for 4 years.
SAving 1 man out of billions is pretty minor, he ism't special for the timeline any more than a random flower

As Damage said tho
Yeah, I think we can consider the point about the number of timelines as being settled. Any further discussion on that point is just going around in circles. Let's move on.

Then how the hell would they know what pertains to the situation?
Again irrelevant point is Beerus actions had nothing to do with time travel. If so no splits in time would happen.
I dont care, im not OP.
Then why you arguing for him?
Im seeing the literal opposite.
Beerus erased Zamasu new timeline it’s pretty simple.
The narrative, is literally that only a handful exist.
Again wrong the Narrative states the exact opposite.

Beerus was in the past dog
He’s in a whole other reality Beerus is dead in the past of trunks timeline a matter a fact.
You literally just contradicted himself, it was made by Trunks' actions, in the PAST. When he goes to said to timeline, he's still going to the past because said timeline is in the past, just not his anymore.
That’s going to a completely different reality all together it’s not a contradiction you’re trying to make this more complicated than it actually is
They say "all", and then Zamasu too. I kindly ask you to actually SHOW where they limit and specify this. Especially when, how the hell would they know which ring is relevant?
Main timeline future trunks timeline and the Zamasu timeline. Fro their perspective that’s the only timerings that should exist.
They were shocked, twice, two different dudes by the way, simply because a new one formed. At all.
They dont state what youre arguing.

Plus in Zamasu's case, why the hell would he limit himself like that?
Actually same with Gowasu, he doesnt even know what the issue is, why is he limiting it?
To the same exact rings? Of which we know arent all relevant to begin with anyhow.
They were shocked that a green one was formed not at the existence of the time rings itself.
This whole argument is based on a presumption that doesnt even make sense.
It’s based of the contradiction in the argument being presented period what the crt is proposing is narratively impossible.
Worst part is, in two, of the three times, they wouldnt have even been checking rings for just that fiasco anyhow.
Ignoring the fact that many gods state Time branches off from the smallest things like a flower being plucked. The implication is clear they have time rings in a room full of identical boxes the context clues are clear.!

SAving 1 man out of billions is pretty minor, he ism't special for the timeline any more than a random flower
Considering that one man is one of the few strong enough to stop literal Armageddon i wou of say it’s the opposite of minor.
As Damage said tho
It doesn’t change the fact that the crt is literally im opposition with the story itself.

Again irrelevant point is Beerus actions had nothing to do with time travel. If so no splits in time would happen.
The very fact they happen in the past, as a consequence of a mf time traveling.

Then why you arguing for him?
Im not? Wtf?

Beerus erased Zamasu new timeline it’s pretty simple.
Exactly. Youre ignoring all the context around it though.
Dude, you realize that's the point of contention right?
He’s in a whole other reality Beerus is dead in the past of trunks timeline a matter a fact.
Yes, except, Trunks' timeline is a whole like 17y ahead. Beerus' timeline, is in the past still. Of which the very fact he killed them was due to a future mf warning him.

Why didnt a timeline form for Beerus not killing him? A timeline for Beerus going to kill him, then opting not to? A timeline where Beerus went to kill him, but waited like 5 seconds longer to finish his food first?

Shit evidently aint as common as it's being argued as.
That’s going to a completely different reality all together it’s not a contradiction you’re trying to make this more complicated than it actually is
My dude.
The different reality exists due to time travel to begin with.
Main timeline future trunks timeline and the Zamasu timeline. Fro their perspective that’s the only timerings that should exist.
And yet youre arguing there's a room with a fucktillion in them that Zamasu 100% would know exists.
Ignoring all that, Zamasu checks timelines BESIDES those anyway when checking, so he evidently wasnt limiting himself to those 3.
They were shocked that a green one was formed not at the existence of the time rings itself.
Yeah, shocked a brand new one formed.
It’s based of the contradiction in the argument being presented period what the crt is proposing is narratively impossible.
Dude, youre quoting actual unreliable yappers, ignoring hard statements, and visual proof, and arguing that's the narrative. Nuh uh.
Ignoring the fact that many gods state Time branches off from the smallest things like a flower being plucked.
Scan? Is that recent? From a reliable source? Does that one line override the like 13 contradictions? Etc.
The implication is clear they have time rings in a room full of identical boxes the context clues are clear.!
And yet bro says that's all of them, like 3 times, including times they wouldnt be arbitrarily limiting themselves to a select few because why the hell would they? They dont even know what theyre looking for?

I asked you, very explicitly, to show me a statement saying theyre limiting it to such a select few. If you can not do that, then there's nothing to argue here.

And "implication", isnt good enough. Youre arguing a countless cosmology and handwaving hard statements corroborated by direct visual proof based on "idk i FEEL like that room has more"? That isnt how it works. Not withstanding youre basically arguing if bro whipped out anything, that whole room by proxy would be full of them.

Like take a office. Just because one drawer contains a super important document dont mean they all do. Why the hell assume the whole room filled with them. If i grabbed a 6 pack out of a cupboard and said "damn that's all of it", you wouldnt assume every other cupboard has some too, like come on man 🗿

Considering that one man is one of the few strong enough to stop literal Armageddon i wou of say it’s the opposite of minor.
Why would the armaggedom of making for the greater timeline at all? None of the other arenaffected, heck, not even the rest of the universe is, Earth and Humanking in DB are NOTHING EVER IMPLIED TO BE IMPORTANT to the greater timeline, likewise their extinction also wouldn't be

It doesn’t change the fact that the crt is literally im opposition with the story itself.
It isn't at all, weater or not you want to admit it, Beerus created the timeline by altering history, that is a fact, going back and forth won't change that

Also only 5 time rings/only 5 timelines is also a fact

I was asked to comment here but I have nothing to say. I think the OP's interpretation of Trunk's statement looks valid to I don't 100% agree with the only 5 time rings thing since that number doesn't add up with some additional information were given later on but given I really don't care as the number would still be only a handful of rings even at that point so the overall it's not changing the overall issue regardless. Plus I really don't have time for this, anyway I'm fine with the general overall change. I'll probably bring up my Time Ring number on the DB discussion thread later on but it doesn't really impact this thread.

Honestly, why I have disagreed with minor points in this thread, same as Griffon. I never agreed with the Time Rings/Canon Timelines being innumerable, either.

That said, like I pointed out in the previous thread, and by DDM, there’s basically and fundamentally no change to the cosmology for the other continuities outside of the minor mechanics of Hell (personalized Vs overarching realm) and the Multiverse even existing, so it’s a mostly pointless distinction (which is only being set up to then justify why we don’t use the overwhelming evidence in other continuities taking place in the exact same location to disqualify the DBS Anime’s outlier cosmology. Or at least, that’s my speculation.)

Honestly, why I have disagreed with minor points in this thread, same as Griffon. I never agreed with the Time Rings/Canon Timelines being innumerable, either.

That said, like I pointed out in the previous thread, and by DDM, there’s basically and fundamentally no change to the cosmology for the other continuities outside of the minor mechanics of Hell (personalized Vs overarching realm) and the Multiverse even existing, so it’s a mostly pointless distinction (which is only being set up to then justify why we don’t use the overwhelming evidence in other continuities taking place in the exact same location to disqualify the DBS Anime’s outlier cosmology. Or at least, that’s my speculation.)
Eh, DBS' weird cosmology doesn't really change anything really, purely astetic

staff thread, need to ask for permission to post

but just to summarize: Cannon multiverse would not be 2-B anymore, but 2-C, and cosmology elements and abilities currently shared between continuities would not be shared anymore
A timeline dragonball is Low 1-C due this accepted blog. Which is one of the primary reasons why Zeno is Low 1-C
So it does not matter whether you decrease the number of timelines, the tier would still remain the same.

WHich uses elements from both Toei anime and main cannon mixed to prove its points, which would now be separated
Exactly no, ROSAT is mentioned in the manga as a place with a different time dimension, this proves that space-time with their own time dimensions already exist in the series from before, even if you want to eliminate the time room that belongs to Toei's anime, Dragon Ball Super manga itself shows you that universal destruction is irrelevant to the greater timeline, in addition to the rest of the arguments @ProfectusInfinity presented on his blog.

So this thread is trying to downgrade Low 1-C scale as well? Correct me if I'm wrong
Eeeehhh, not directly, some people said that it would still be Low 1-C even with the separation, but since most of the arguments there that made it accepted would not be valid anymore due to the split, the blog would need to be remade to account for that

Time room is mentioned in both chozenshu and daizenshu so I think it can be used plus the rest of the scans are present in manga for low 1c(only had Spanish one I would find the Japanese one wait)

The heaven scan is also present in the chozenshu and daizenchu, yet it doesn't apply to main cannon, these guides cover both anime and manga, of course they would have the time room

Eeeehhh, not directly, some people said that it would still be Low 1-C even with the separation, but since most of the arguments there that made it accepted would not be valid anymore due to the split, the blog would need to be remade to account for that

The heaven scan is also present in the chozenshu and daizenchu, yet it doesn't apply to main cannon, these guides cover both anime and manga, of course they would have the time room
The heaven scan was discarded because it mentions anime original here there is no mention of such thus it can be safely said that it is useful for both continuties

Exactly no, ROSAT is mentioned in the manga as a place with a different time dimension, this proves that space-time with their own time dimensions already exist in the series from before, even if you want to eliminate the time room that belongs to Toei's anime
Which is fine and all.........still would need the blog to re estructure to take the separation into account to have it accepted again since 80% of the blog talks about the time room and uses it as the argument, not the ROSAT

Dragon Ball Super manga itself shows you that universal destruction is irrelevant to the greater timeline, in addition to the rest of the arguments @ProfectusInfinity presented on his blog.
Not arguing against, but this was true before Low 1-C as well

As i said, just re estructure the blog to take the separation into account and make another thread, from what i know of the arguments, i will propably agree again all things considered, but a re estructure needs to be made and that's fact

Which is fine and all.........still would need the blog to re estructure to take the separation into account to have it accepted again since 80% of the blog talks about the time room and uses it as the argument, not the ROSAT

Not arguing against, but this was true before Low 1-C as well
The time room only exemplifies that there is not a single time axis around the multiverse, that's why I said that without the need for that, DBS manga already shows that destroying a universe doesn’t affect the greater timeline. If the cosmology is uncomposited, the low 1-C scale would continue to be, since the main argument is not the time room, the manga sustains that scale by itself..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back