• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A complete rewriting of Thor's profile (Marvel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you summarise what changes that you have made in your suggested new profile page version?

Okay

• A tabber for Odinforce Thor is added
  • No overall changes in statistics, just some justifications are added
  • A big fix to his powers and abilities list, based on my comics experience, as well as respect threads and wikia profiles:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Longevity, Regenerationn (At least Low, possibly Mid-Low), Magic, Elemental Manipulation (Weather Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Fire Manipulation), Energy Projection, Aura, Memory Manipulation, Enhanced Senses, Statistics Amplification (can double his strength with Megingjord, or increase his strength tenfold with the Warrior's Madness), Breath Attack (hurricane-force breath), Limited Telepathy via All-Tongue, Combat Expertise, Weapon Mastery, Illusion Creation, Resistance (to outer space conditions, diseases, radiation, extreme temperature, electricity, Age Manipulation, possibly Matter Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, and Absolute Zero). Mjolnir grants him Flight, Force-field creation, Energy Sensing, Energy Absorption and Redirectio, Homing Attack, Projectile Reflection, BFR via Portal Creation, Matter Manipulation, Resurrection, Power Nullification, Electromagnetism Manipulation, Invisibility, Intangibility, limited Holy Manipulation, Heat Manipulation, Teleportation, Soul Summoning, formerly Time Manipulation (Time Stop and Time Travel) | Can use all the powers of his base form without the use of Mjolnir, and increase their potency astronomically to Odi's level | All powers of his base and Odinforce forms, combined with Fate Destruction, Immortality (Type 1 and 4 [Was reborn after hanging himself, evolving past death]), Soul Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Telepathy. Should also have Mind Manipulation, Size Manipulation, Healing, Sealing, Telekinesis (not directly displayed, but as Thor has surpassed Odin by this point, he likely can use all of Odin's abilities and magnify their potency)

• Added some of his weaknesses and explanations
  • Standard Equipment and Notable Attacks/ Techniques sections are now expanded much more. Notable Attacks/ Techniques section now come with tabbers explaining his powers in base, Mjolnir, Odinforce and Rune King forms

I am uncertain about automatically giving him all of Odin's abilities, as he was not experienced in using the Odinforce, and do not remember him displaying some of the listed powers.

It might be best if you ask Matthew to comment here.

Sure, that is what I intend to do as well.

And I must admit a few of these abilities are indeed shown as one-time powers, typical of classic comics, so I'm uncertain whether to add them.

I'll ask Matthew just to be safe

It isn't important enough, given that it is just about one character. Sorry.

Eh, I don't think lightning colour is a good indication. My image of Odinforce Thor comes from the 1998 series which ends with Ragnarok anyway. Thor keeps the look you posted since rebirth after Ragnarok, Odinforce or no.

It looks far better. If all agree, this should be his new page.

Only the explanation for his 2-C tier should be changed. And link Martial Arts to Combat Expertise

I also rather like it, but would prefer input from Matthew first.

I can temporarily unlock it for you if you wish.

I have done so. Tell me here when you are done.

My big appreciation to everybody for the inputs. The edits have been made. Just 3 last questions from me:

1. Should Jane and BRB have the same powers as Thor via Mjolnir and Stormbreaker, respectively? Or would that be too speculative?

2. For some reason my image of Thor wielding both Mjolnir and Jarnbjorn can be seen in the slideshow but can't be clicked to enlarge

3. Odin should have Size Manipulation and Soul Manipulation in his profile (he grew to gigantic size while fighting Seth, and pulled out the souls of Sigurd and Lorelei and contained them within goose eggs)

Jane Foster Thor has not displayed as much hax as the original Thor did as far as I know. As for Odin, he also managed to change his size when he fought Galactus during the Yggdrasil seed arc.

You know how much they want to shill her despite not a lot of people actually liking her compared to the original Thor.

I remember reading some opinions on a recent issue of Thor that Jane Foster Thor is the most boring part of it while everything else is quite good, which is giving me the idea that the higher ups were the ones trying to push for a female Thor and the writers wanting to just do their own thing.

I like how even with Jane Foster Thor being shilled to hell, the original Thor is still getting really good feats by himself despite being a depressed emo dip who hasn't eaten or slept for months on end.

Well, Thor and Gwenpool are pretty much the only current Marvel series that I am still able to enjoy.

However, we are derailing the thread from its original purpose. Perhaps I should close this?

Well, the main purpose of this thread is done, and Matt answered the side problems (Jane, Bill and Odin), so I'm fine with it. Please close it if you feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back