• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Baang of Wills! (Tsunayoshi Sawada vs Twenty-Fifth Baam)

I'm not sure why I'm doing this to myself. But since we don't have Island level characters in The Gamer, I figure that taking two of my other belloved verses at this level would be a nice thing to do. (The Low 6-B battle might come later).

Anyhow, they're both in their 6-C forms. Tsuna is in Oath Flame. Baam is in his Horned Form and can use thorn ignition if he sees fit.

Speed is equalized.

Starting distance is 25 meters.

Fight takes place on the hidden floor, where Baam fought Zahard.

Sawada's AP is, funny enough, 30.1 gigatons. Ignition + Horned Form Baam has the exact same AP.

Who wins?

Tsunayoshi Sawada: 4 (Exceed21, Xtasyamphetamine, Veloxt1r0kore, Cueio 2020)

Twenty-Fifth Baam: 3 (Enryu The Red Tower, Theglassman12, MarthIsNotBad)

Inconclusive: 1 (Swordman97)

Tsuna has all of his techniques in this key.

Tsuna doesn't really use his petrification much in his oath flame form. But essentially, he calls a lion of dying will flames to his side that can roar. Its roar turns things to stone. This also works has a form of power nullification, similar to his cloak.

Since it is the lion who has Petrification and not the Tsuna so I see Baam managing to deviate from the roars easily with Instinctive Reaction + Enhanced Senses + Extrasensory Perception, I see Baam having a lot of difficulties with Precognition, but I do not see Tsuna managing to escape the AoE of the Baam attacks

Soul Manipulation and Power Nullification will not effect Baam as he is resistant to these two.

Incidentally, are Tsuna's techniques inherited from the family? Since Baam can copy hereditary or unique powers as Baam did with Hoaqin, copying the Arie Fencing and obtaining Limited Spatial Manipulation that only the Arie family can learn

I mean, Baam's instinctive reaction is nowhere near 100% on point. And Tsuna has been explicitly stated to be capable of reading through the inherent flaws in human opponents, and has been capable of doing so in just a few moves.

I somewhat agree with the AoE thing, but I mean, he has flight, and his cloak to protect against such.

Tsuna's soul manipulation only lets him kill disembodied souls. And his power nullification comes from his petrification, so unless Baam is resistant to both, it should be somewhat effective. In particular since it harmonizes with the attack, which is how it nullifies. But it only does but so much, it's not like he can just nope any attack.

The only thing Tsuna has inherited is the Vongola Hyper Intuition, and perhaps Zero Point Breakthrough: First Edition, though the latter he had to learn, so it's not truly hereditary. The other things are things that Tsuna himself created, or gained from an ally. Due to the mechanics of the verse, it seems unlikely that Baam would be able to copy many of the techniques, as there's no real way of telling what flame attribute he would have. Plus, Baam has attacks similar to Tsuna regardless.

Baam got the Arie Swordsmanship because he literally received power that belonged to White, and hasn't used it since then. There's no evidence that he can copy hereditary skills. Unique skills sure, but they have to be physically or energetically based (Martial arts, necromancer, etc). He can't copy something like mind reading, time manipulation, or precognition. At least is hasn't been shown.

Baam has pretty fast reflexes. He once hit somebody he couldn't see because his body reacted to it, so he could probably dodge the petrification, plus Baam is capable of reading people too. If Tsunda tries to fly away from Baam, he won't be able to get away because Baam has Blue Oar and Black Wings in Ignition Mode so he can also fly too.

How powerful is Tsunda's cloak? Can it defend sgainst Stardust and Endless Sky? Also does he start in Dying Will?

Yeah, I'm aware of Baam's feats. His fight against Kaiser was extraordinarily impressive to say the least. But Tsuna's reading of foes is a far more concrete ability than what Baam has ever shown. Especially since Tsuna has been explicitly stated, and shown to read the literal habits of human beings and exploit them. That's not something Baam has ever done.

Tsuna's cloak is pretty powerful. It nullifies the attack with the element of harmony, so it should defend just fine against massive AoE. It was initially used against an omnidirectional attack that he couldn't physically escape from.

Yes, Tsuna starts off in dying will. It would be massively unfair otherwise. In any match.

But also, speed is equalized, so the speed of their reflexes is less important as opposed to their style of fighting.

However, this is Oath Flame Tsuna, so his cloak is not his go to thing. He would rather go for gravity manipulation into CQC or an X-Burner, which he can fire nigh instantly in this form.

This is the form of Baam that fought Data Zahard, so he's pretty likely to go into danmaku if CQC isn't working properly. 25 meters is far enough away for him to start with danmaku.

Baam's primary options are Danmaku, shinsoo orb, shinsoo black hole sphere, and CQC paired with flight. He can also "devour" certain energy attacks, though he's only shown to be able to do this once or twice. He also has excellent AoE and can increase his statistics with ignition.

Well, Tsuna's fire and ice attacks will not be very useful, considering that Baam's Shinwonryu was able to dissipate an energy attack from a Low 6-B+ and also considering that if Tsuna tries to launch several fire and ice attacks, Baam will be able to expand the Shinwonryu + Shinsoo Orb as a shield that absorbs attacks, as he did against Zahard's Danmaku

Hmm, if that's the case, then Batam likely takes this with his danmaku spam and hard counter for nearly everything Tsuna has.

This is Oath Flame Tsuna, so I think factoring in gravity manipulation is a vital factor, in addition to Zero Point Breakthrough revised.

Tsuna has more factors in him favor for example natsu use the roar and tsuna shot X burner or use mitena or mantello but i don´t know much for baang. I vote for tsuna for him gravity powers and versality

Not at all, I think you all who have voted Baam are neglecting a lot of things Tsuna can do.

Firstly, none of the votes have taken into account Tsuna's gravity manipulation, which Baam has zero counter for. Nor have they taken into account that Tsuna can more consistently dispel of Baam's attacks with either Zero Point Breakthrough: First Edition, or revised, which would likely force Baam into CQC, where it's questionable who's better.

Secondly, Baam doesn't spam shinsoo black whole sphere. He typically uses it only once or twice a fight, so it's very unlikely that he'd simply disperse of all of Tsuna's attacks. Not to mention that Tsuna begins with a 3x AP advantage here. So using the black hole sphere outside of Horned Form + Ignition means that Tsuna can blast through it with a casual X-Burner.

Lastly, in terms of CQC, Baam's shinsoo is primarily used for either durability enhancements, or close range shinsoo attacks. Whereas Tsuna has gravity manip, sealing through ice manipulation, and potential petrification if he decides to actually bring out Nat-su. Regardless of the debatable difference in how skilled they are in comparison to one another, Tsuna brings more tools to the table. All of his tools that can be used at long range with the exception of the XX-Burner, can and have been used in close range before.

Not a stomp in the slightest. It's just that no one has appeared to actually argue for Tsuna yet.

I'm going with Baam on this one.

I don't see Tsuna's gravity manipulation doing much for Baam's shinsoo attacks, and I see Baam defeating Tsuna in close combat if Baam ended up having to get close.

Thank you for the vote.

I guess it was more that Revised or First Edition would be useful against those.

Also, do you play Marth?

Back