• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-C+ Tournament Semifinals Match 1: Shirley vs Twenty-Fifth Baam

It'll kick in before fire burns his organs, which is basically 1 to 1 with what baam will do here.

It'll kick in before fire burns his organs, which is basically 1 to 1 with what baam will do here.
It ain't fire. It doesn't literally burn. It's an visually instant flow of vibrating energy that blasts/fries anything in it's path or busts a hole through them while ignoring durability

It ain't fire. It doesn't literally burn. It's an visually instant flow of vibrating energy that blasts/fries anything in it's path or busts a hole through them while ignoring durability
I meant the timeframe either move needs to deal significant damage. fire doesn't need a lot of time to burn organs or do significant damage. Also isn't baam's first move paralysis?

I meant the timeframe either move needs to deal significant damage. fire doesn't need a lot of time to burn organs or do significant damage. Also isn't baam's first move paralysis?
Bam's move would probably be danmaku which would get covered by adaptation which would mean that Bam would lead with a piercing technique later

Also i legit don't get your point, please rephrase it
The time that fire needs to do significant damage to organs would be similar to the time that baam's move will need to fill up the opponent with shinsoo or whatever it was. fire doesn't even need to destroy organs, A few scratches on crucial organs is already lethal. and shirley can adapt to fire before it kills him even though its targeting his organs. if he can do that then he can do the same here.
Bam's move would probably be danmaku which would get covered by adaptation which would mean that Bam would lead with a piercing technique later
I'd say shirley can win before he even uses the move you're suggesting, he'll probably get intimidated by danmaku. Also Idk if piercing attacks negate dura or if they can just damage stronger enemies.

Plus baam getting close is already unlikely, Shirley isn't a CQC fighter, he starts with missiles and he has flight. He also just massively outranges baam whilst having the AP advantage by a huge margin because that 89 tons is the most casual shit he's ever tanked.

Shirley flies, Outranges by a hundred meters, Uses missiles in characters that way above baam's AP because shirley himself massive upscales from that 89 tons which is already above baam's AP by a decent margin and if baam magically touches shirley shirley just adapts. AKA stomp

Plus baam getting close is already unlikely, Shirley isn't a CQC fighter, he starts with missiles and he has flight. He also just massively outranges baam whilst having the AP advantage by a huge margin because that 89 tons is the most casual shit he's ever tanked.
Bam can deal with that via barriers and flight. The moment he gets close its over.
The attack is basically if someone were to shove a dura-negating kamehameha wave into you. It doesn't burn organs as in fire type of burning, it's more of a "getting a lightsaber shot into your body" type of burn.

Anyways could we wait for @ImNot4nUser
?

He has scans and does better than me at explaining

Bam can deal with that via barriers and flight. The moment he gets close its over.
The attack is basically if someone were to shove a dura-negating kamehameha wave into you. It doesn't burn organs as in fire type of burning, it's more of a "getting a lightsaber shot into your body" type of burn.

Anyways could we wait for @ImNot4nUser
?

He has scans and does better than me at explaining
Oh shit he has flight too? I suck at reading. Yes I know it isn't burning and that wasn't my point, my point was that the time that move needs to burn organs is also similar to the time fire needs to burn organs which shirley's adaptation outspeeds meaning it'd outspeed it as well

Shirley flies, Outranges by a hundred meters, Uses missiles in characters that way above baam's AP because shirley himself massive upscales from that 89 tons which is already above baam's AP by a decent margin and if baam magically touches shirley shirley just adapts. AKA stomp
If he's 7-C+ he is still below 100 tons and thus never above 2x Bam. If you disagree with that then go make a CRT

Bam lands a piercing technique and wins

Anyways i gotta go for now

Also nobody has shown any evidence of adaptation working like you say it does.
I can provide scans later on of Bam's attacks but where is the evidence that he'll just ignore any attack with adaptation within an instant

If he's 7-C+ he is still below 100 tons and thus never above 2x Bam. If you disagree with that then go make a CRT

Bam lands a piercing technique and wins

Anyways i gotta go for now
He's massively above that. by an unknown amount.

No he doesn't? Piercing attacks don't even negate durability and they dont kill with one hit? shirley could also just dodge

Never uses in character
No? He doesn't start with it but its not out of character for him
Also nobody has shown any evidence of adaptation working like you say it does.
I can provide scans later on of Bam's attacks but where is the evidence that he'll just ignore any attack with adaptation within an instant
I'm going off of the arguments that psycho gave in our match.

No he doesn't? Piercing attacks don't even negate durability and they dont kill with one hit? shirley could also just dodge
What? ALL THIS FREAKING TIME I TOLD YOU IT IS A DURA NEGATING TECHNKQUE BRO

Also I triple checked and baam does not have flight in this key so he still gets stomped

How fast is the pain manipulation? Also, would Baam be skilled enough to cover the distance without being hit by any of Shirley’s lasers or missiles that outrange his abilities?

(You’re free to respond when you have the time, Arceus)

How fast is the pain manipulation? Also, would Baam be skilled enough to cover the distance without being hit by any of Shirley’s lasers or missiles that outrange his abilities?

(You’re free to respond when you have the time, Arceus)
he is extremely skilled, being trained by people with centuries of combat experience and has damn good senses, enough to keep up with danmaku.
He shouldn't have issues getting there

After seeing the adaptation scans:
It works to especifically disable the suits
Extremely dodgeable, is a laser which needs to reach you to enclose you in a bubble.
needs to create an object made to absorb the stuff, it would adapt to absorb energy maybe?
Don't know how they work, but seem amongst the most dangerous stuff he has, not in character tho.

Regarding intelligence
At least Extraordinary Genius. Drained Jimmy Neutron's intelligence before adding it to his own, although he still keeps his attitude and inexperience
just like Doof, while he is academically smart, he lacks in other areas
The time that fire needs to do significant damage to organs would be similar to the time that baam's move will need to fill up the opponent with shinsoo or whatever it was.
the time his adaptation works needs to be instantaneous, as the time-frame of him adapting is the same "Gets hit, then Adapting warning sign in his chest and then he adapts" by that logic, it seems you got played
I mean, following this, Bam is both a CQC and a Long range fighter, also is Shirley even in character to go away, and start sniping? Has he actually done so before?
But, he also has the forcefield to seal Baam in, would Baam have a counter to it?
The forcefield is a laser that needs to target Bam to enclose it, Bam could counter it, dodge it and so on. Danmaku is the literal basis of the tower combat...
By that logic so is Bam. Since it goes like this
Bam w/thorn(nearly oneshot Reflejo)>>>Reflejo>Bam w/o thorn(68 kilotons)
Being "massively above" adds nothing, you could be behind a large chains of oneshots another character and then put a character who is 5 kilotons higher than the weakest one in the scaling and he will still out AP you independant on how many oneshots you are above him(excluding if you're in jump tier zone). The difference here is the same difference as the calc they have independant on how massively above they scale to the calcs.
Piercing attacks don't even negate durability and they dont kill with one hit? shirley could also just dodge
So nuking internal organs isn't durability bypass? I see.(I already saw the comment of you acknowledging it as an inverse technique)

They don't kill with one hit (in-verse) because in TOG you NEED to have resistance to shinsu(energy) if not forget about piercing technique killing in one hit, a random release of shinsu(NOT a bang/danmaku) will blow your head away.

"Just dodge" Piercing technique is a CQC technique, Bam lands it when he outskills you/sees an opnening in H2H. A good way of dodging is to stay away but again, is that Shirley style?
How fast is the pain manipulation?
You get filled with shinsu? You're now in agonizing pain, as fast as you get filled with energy/shinsu. And Shirley can feel emotions, but is he even biological?

For scans about understanding shinsu+eveything I have said about it, click this
SHINSU

For scans about understanding shinsu+eveything I have said about it, click this
SHINSU
monkey-robot.gif
giphy.gif

Back