• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-C+ Tournament Semifinals Match 1: Shirley vs Twenty-Fifth Baam

My shinsu blog is probably the most complete stuff, With sources to each chapter for every scan, and I literally did a Lord English Respect Thread
But I'm a monkey.

So... I'm confused, how is Baam dealing with adaptation and how is Shirley dealing with Baam's skill and dura neg.

But I'm a monkey.

So... I'm confused, how is Baam dealing with adaptation and how is Shirley dealing with Baam's skill and dura neg.
Bam deals with adaptation because dura neg only appears on contact and when the guy needs to see the attack to adapt, not to mention his adaptation has a weird description overall.

Shirley ain't dealing with Bam's skill or dura neg and thus bam wins

• Adaptation: Arguably Shirley's most dangerous ability is that which allows him to adapt to and overcome virtually any challenge that comes to him. When Jimmy was overpowering him with a laser cannon, Shirley grew bracelets which reflected lasers. When Cosmo and Wanda's magic was proving too much for him, he adapted the ability to steal their powers. When he was unable to get through the forcefield generated by Jimmy and Timmy's Invincible Power Suits, he gained a key fob which allowed him to remotely disable the suits. Also of note is although Jimmy and Timmy programmed him with a self-destruct function, he adapted to the point where he was able to remove said function from himself.
He seems to use it when something is proving too much for him, like it isn't instant. He was already being overpowered by the laser before he adapted to it.
It seems he generally activates it when something is proving too much for him and thus i do not see why Bam wouldn't just land a piercing technique and kill him before the dude can do anything serious.
Bam wouldn't be a big problem at the beginning simply because he's somewhat lower in AP and wouldn't immediately overpower him

Baam fra for now.

My shinsu blog is probably the most complete stuff, With sources to each chapter for every scan, and I literally did a Lord English Respect Thread
You need it more compact and straightforward texts 🤷‍♂️😅
Luffy creating techniques on the spot by copying anything he has seen or can see that's especially effective against the opponent his fighting
Luffy easily winning against someone who is one of the smartest people in East blue and moves FTE to luffy even in his base form, countering ones attack by holding on to the weapon mid air while someone was attacking at the same time, countering a slash by stopping it from the side with good timing while in mid air, Making a plan to destroy someone weapon and perfectly hitting the same spot to break someone's armor. Can think of effective ways to get himself out of sticky situations and make good use of it by attacking back, redirect a cannon ball that explodes on contact (I think) and redirects it back at the opponent, able to use his surroundings to dodge or block
East blue luffy is Comparable to Zoro who can do this...
Able to block/dodge 6 blades coming from all directions while using foreign swords coming from behind him and being severely damaged while attacking back. Able to make techniques effectively that counters someone else's technique, while being near death gets hurt even more and is able to spin a certain way to not get hit and attack back at the same time while falling, able to perfectly accurate cut a very small bogger that explodes on contact and make it not explode on him
But probably less fastpaced and compact 😅🐵but 🤷‍♂️ just a suggestion 🙈

It doesn't freaking work bro. It doesn't load in and I've no vpn
I'm actually able to see it, though I'm on a computer right now.

He basically realized he was about to self-destruct and he ripped out his self-destruction bomb out his chest, and showed no signs of pain at all.

I
I'm actually able to see it, though I'm on a computer right now.

He basically realized he was about to self-destruct and he ripped out his self-destruction bomb out his chest, and showed no signs of pain at all.
I mean pain resistance ain't gonna help when your insides explode

Yes, it was connected to the rest of his body and he also ripped away some other things from inside, which if a human had things of proportionally that size removed from there, they would die in not a long time.
He can land a durability negation technique which destroys your insides and is only tanked by some people due to shinsu resistance
All his insides?

Last edited:
Yes, it was connected to the rest of his body and he also ripped away some other things from inside, which if a human had things of proportionally that size removed from there, they would die in not a lond time.

All his insides?
Mostly chest belly area though that is if you hit it there. It would work the same in any other body part. It would basically just blow up inside of him and form a beam.

Anyways I'mma go I've got to sleep before school.

Shirley would most likely die if it's in his head, most likely not be much affected if it's below his heart, and it's kind of a 50 50 if it's in his heart. How tall is Baan?

I think he'd land a chest hit. Ik it's 50/50 but destroying the heart is way different from destroying some parts inside of your chest

1.80 meters, while Shirley is 3.17 meters and can fly around. While nothing too overwhelming, this should give Baan a notably lower chance to land his hax in any part that would matter for Shirley if it's contact-based.

Wouldn't Shirley want to get hit so he can adapt to Baam's abilities? Or does he just goes on the offensive?

the time his adaptation works needs to be instantaneous, as the time-frame of him adapting is the same "Gets hit, then Adapting warning sign in his chest and then he adapts" by that logic, it seems you got played
So what you're saying is, shirley shouldn't have been able to adapt in time before his organs got burned by fire? Which was the argument I used in my match with him and psycho said he'd be able to.

Technically, Shirley did not need to get hit when he was adapting to remove the bomb inside of him to prevent himself from self destructing after Jimmy and Timmy activated it.

Also, to add on to Shirley's size, he can change his own size up to that of a skyscraper which he can use to threaten the people he took to his dimension and even try to look for Jimmy and Timmy in this form.

Soo, Will he able to adapt to Baam filling him with shinsoo? Cause other than that I don't really see what other wincons Baam has.

Pretty much depends if Baam can hit Shirley's head or not when hitting him with the Shinsoo to kill him quickly. But if he hits any other part of his body (especially since Shirley is over a meter taller than him), then Shirley will notice the pain and most likely adapt to a larger size to prevent it from spreading, unless you want to show me that Baam can have the skill to reach people up to the height of a skyscraper with his physical attacks.

Why were people voting baam though? I see shirley's wincons way more likely. Plus isn't he not a close range fighter? I doubt he'll just let baam close the distance if he has the range advantage by hundreds of meters and can fly.

Shirley is more-so mixed in his range, but while far away, he did lead with lasers and missiles when Timmy and Jimmy were running away from him (and later on, even summoned a Tornado to chase Timmy and Jimmy who were riding a monster truck).

SBA put thems at the range of the character with the higher range so they will start at hundreds of meters apart, Shirley just plays the range game from then whilst baam can't really do anything without closing that distance

I've been hearing Baam is skilled enough to dodge the projectiles Shirley throws, but if he threw his own projectiles, Shirley is more likely to just adapt and reflect those projectiles. Plus, him increasing his size makes it even harder for Baam to affect him with Shinsoo if he didn't hit his head.

I'll vote Shirley given he has more advantages. Baam has one winning condition which is if he can land the Shinsoo onto Shirley, but due to Shirley's size, he most likely won't aim towards his head which just leads to Shirley adapting to it.

Yeah I'll vote Shirley, Baam has one unlikely win con. and after he lands that and it doesn't work shirley then adapts to it so he can't use it the next time which just guarantees a W for shirley

Back