• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Monster Brackets Remastered Round 1

In the chill of the night, the Ao Oni marched silently over the dew-soaked grass. The full moon shone brightly overhead in the starlit sky, unobscured by any clouds that may have stuck around. The Oni had just exited a small forest, and now stood by a man-made path that led to a distant bar nearly a mile away. With the lights shining within the establishment acting as its guide, the Ao Oni stepped onto the path and began making its way over, eager to spill the blood of those still within the bar.

It didn't get very far, though, before a golden laser tore into the gravel at its feet, making the Ao Oni stop in its tracks. Peering upwards to its right, the purple demon watched as a robotic bee made its presence known, the machine hovering several feet above the ground ahead of the monster.

Narrowing its eyes, the Buzz Bomber fired another laser, which the Ao Oni dodged as the monster swerved to its right. Glaring at its airborne enemy, the Ao Oni let out a roar as it began charging forth, the Buzz Bomber fearlessly standing its ground as it prepared for combat.

Current Bracket.

Hub

Buzz Bomber, submitted by 00potato, vs Ao Oni, submitted by Sans2345.

Fight takes place on a gravel path by a small forest, with both starting off 2 meters from each other.
Buzz Bomber Runners2
Ao oni

Both are tough, but I feel Oni has AP. It's just that the bee has slightly better mobility. Tough to call.

They both have very similar AP but this is someone with flight vs. someone with no flight at all. Ao Oni could probably maybe luring it into a spot to hit the bee but that likely won't happen with such a low intelligence on their part.

Bee bot takes this due to range and flight.

Jackythejack said:
They both have very similar AP but this is someone with flight vs. someone with no flight at all. Ao Oni could probably maybe luring it into a spot to hit the bee but that likely won't happen with such a low intelligence on their part.

Bee bot takes this due to range and flight.
I object to this. True, Ao Oni cant fly, but it has teleportation to at least teleport next to the Buzz Bomber by surprise and kill it from behind. The bee doesnt have experience fighting someone who can teleport anyways. And its even bigger as well. Might vote the demon on this.

The ao ink is literally a non sentient monster while the bee bot is leagues smarter. It wouldn't even think about doing that because it's never done that before.

Also if it doesn't attack it falls down and breaks its legs. Attacking in the air is very awkward, a lot more so than you'd think.

May I mention that the Ao Oni is very bad at using its teleportation in the first place? Every single time it tries to attack the player it's never due to actually teleporting to them? They teleport into the room the player is in and then chase them through the mansion. Heck, there was a point where the Ao Oni couldn't get you because you put yourself in a locked jail cell and he couldn't get to you. It's clear they don't teleport when chasing down a victim, and teleportation is a little iffy anyhow based off what I remember in the game.

And I mean the Ao Oni is still stupidly dumb. If it hasn't done that in a fight before it wouldn't think to do it now. It's never had to deal with anyone who can fly and proposing that it's goig to do this, and that the bee couldn't easily dodge it in the first place, is preposterous.

I agree with Jacky here. That lack of intelligence really hurts. Unless it's the lack of intelligence where it has a one track mind to kill its opponent by continuously coming at them, in which case I find teleporting to the bird's position in the air a possibility.

Otherwise though, the little blue bird, FRA.

Ok, sure. Vote change to Buzz FRA, which means...

The Bee:5 (Jackythejack, Christian Hidgon, Litentric Teon, HeadlessKramerGeoff777, Psychomaster35)

Horror Demon:0

Back