• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C Monster Brackets Round 4

Im theorizing that the profile may be outdated or something?

EDIT: I actually found Abraxos AP, it downscales to Lysandra, who is baseline High 8-C. Thats where the AP came from.

Azurill's a lot more versatile and may even be stronger. 8-C Pokemon may become 8-C+ or High 8-C+ soon so maybe watch out for that

When was it said that they would be 8-C+ to High 8-C?

But anyways...

Attack: At first Abraxos downscaling from a baseline High 8-C, so it should be close to that tier. Keywords: "At first".

Durability: Abraxos, see attack.

Lifting Strength: Azurill, Superhuman > Abraxos Athletic Human.

Stamina: Abraxos, Extremely High > Azurills regular High.

Range: Azurill, hits at max 10 meters with its tail compared to Abraxos several meters (2-9 meters).

Intelligence: Supposedly Abraxos, as Azurill is naive, but that doesnt mean Azurill cant fight.

Experience: Equal? Abraxos age is unknown and Azurills can vary.

Abilities: Azurill. Remember the time I said "At first" earlier? Well this is where it gets played. Tail Whip is pretty beneficial to lower Abraxos defense, down to 25% of Abraxos original attack from stacking it 6 times (the max). Azurill is also able to lower Abraxos Attack via Charming it. By the time the debuffs are applied, Azurill now takes the AP and durability. While I see that Abraxos can fly, special moves should be beneficial, especially Bubble Beam, which can lower its speed (but its a 10% chance of landing the slow effect). Abraxos can hide, but it cant delay its fate once the effects are applied. Assuming this is Huge Power Azurill, that makes it a HUGE advantage once the wyvern is weakened. And if its on the ground, Slam does high damage, and adding up to Abraxos debuffed from the Tail Whip, this WILL do extra damage and it will most likely be defeated within a few good hits.

Conclusion: Azurill pretty much takes this via Bubble Beam to slow the wyvern down first, then debuffs it to make it weaker. Abraxos as far as I can see does not have any projectiles, so it has to get close to attack but then it will be Charmed, Tail Whipped, Bubble Beamed, or even another good attack that will take down this wyvern.

Thus, I will vote Azurill.

Oh god, why'd I have to fight a Pokemon...

Abraxos will immediately take the battle to CQC, using his teeth and claws to rip at Azurill (note, this does not mean he will land, he tends to remain in the air to allow himself range of motion and to bring his tail into the equation). I highly doubt cuteness will factor in here, Abraxos is a highly trained and vicious creature that has been pitted against other wyverns since the day he was born. If he's willing to kill the ball of water, he's gonna throw himself entirely into the battle.

Azurill has abilities that can change the flow of the battle and bring Abrazos to his knees after time. But Abraxos isn't gonna let him use em. The second the battle begins, Azurill is going to be fending off an endless wave of teeth and claws and tail. Azurill can get a couple of hits off, that means nothing. Abraxos can take a pounding while still dishing it out.

The main way I see Abraxos getting around that is the 10% chance of slowing. Abraxos is Transonic and only meters away from Azurill, it will be less than a second before the two combatants are on top of each other. And I don't know of a Pokemon that attacks with the sheer viciousness of Abraxos, Azurill isn't gonna have time to throw his moves when he is being ragdolled by a blur of teeth and claws.

Also Azurill attacks a lot faster than Abraxos does (Transonic >>>> Superhuman) with numerous moves and strategies to keep Abraxos at bay such as bubble beam, slamming the beast with its elasticity tail or singing to put him to sleep. Huge Power, which doubles the user's AP, should give Azurill the ap advantage, and it being level 100 means it's no slacker when it comes to fighting experience.

Crimson Azoth said:
Abraxos is Transonic and only meters away from Azurill, it will be less than a second before the two combatants are on top of each other.
Azuril is also transonic, so it's not gonna take less than a second from their perpective

Overlord775 said:
Azuril is also transonic, so it's not gonna take less than a second from their perpective
The difference is that Abraxos is only Transonic in flight speed, it's combat speed is superhuman.

I only see four votes for Azurill. Ah well.

Yeah Azurill FRA. Never was too confident in the wyvern's ability to win this one

Back