• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sol Flasher isnt a game winner, the finisher come after that is. While i dont doubt that Gene could heal his retinal damages through healing, but the Sol Flasher is still a surprise element to making opening for Ixa's deadly finisher.
Gene's really good at thinking on the spot when he's at a disadvantage (This video also shows his QTE attacks and failed QTEs unfortunately so it's a little longer than it needs to be) so I think there's a decent chance that even after being blinded he can come up with something, avoid Sol Flasher and rapidly heal.
My apologies for didnt make it clear on the reply above. When i said "it's depend", it is to reply to your comment on "from my limited experience with this kind of show characters typically have at least a bit of a fight before that and only use it to take out weakened foes."
That is just me replying about how Kamen Riders in general dont have to uses finisher when the opponent is in near-death state or something like that.
Fair point.
The "Ixa uses his finisher after 2 minutes into the fights" is legit tho, i was mentioning about Ixa's second fight where he uses his finisher very quickly (it's literally 2 minutes). That said, given how Nago (Ixa) dont like wasting time in the fights, this is pretty much still in-character for him.
But does he usually do that? Like, if you put all his fights together, how many times does he go out of his way to use it that fast?
Can you give me some sample of dialouge he uses to taunt peoples ? Depend on what it is (Or how childish it is), it's might not work on Nago. Furthermore, they dont have prior knowledges of each other, so Gene might not know the correct taunt to get on Nago's temper.
With Grovel he gets to his knees and begs and with a normal taunt he polishes his bicep while laughing at the enemy, obviously I assume they could vary a bit outside of gameplay but it is a little childish. He also generally has a tendency to laugh at his enemy when performing certain attacks.
so what you are mentioning are cheap damages (AKA the small damages to tear down the opponent's defense and stamina bit by bit). Ixa also experienced in doing cheap damages as well with his gun that shoot hundred of bullets to reduces the stamina of the opponents (Then the finisher come right after once the opponent's movement become sluggish).
Not quite, basically the weak attacks are meant to get past the opponent's guard or interrupt their attacks, then he busts out some stronger stuff like an uppercut that juggles the enemy, a punch that always stuns them, drunken fist attacks that completely throw off enemies with weird body language, chi attacks, there's Invincible Fist that makes him invulnerable for the duration of the move... There's over 100 attacks in God Hand so I'd recommend you to check his notable attacks section if you'd like to know more.

I should say Gene also has access to a couple of ways to end the fight fast, Daisy Cutter allows him to make weakened enemies explode and Head Slicer allows him to cut through things with his hand, which he typically uses to cut off heads, obviously.
Are there anyway to know how much upscale is Gene compares to 18.8 tons opponents ? Or are there rules regarding the upscales AP ? Because saying it's simply "stronger" is kinda vague, and i remember most of characters upscales from the weaker feats still get their AP fixed at the upscaled AP ?
There's no way to quantify how much stronger Gene is from the feat so in a match like this we just consider him to be a significant but unknown amount above the feat. It's definitely not fair to say he's stronger than Ixa but personally I think it's reasonable to say he's close-ish.
If that is the case then it's gonna be hard for Gene to do any kind of cheap damages, or having enough power to stunt Ixa with his barrage of combo breakers, because Ixa is stronger than Gene's APx2. Meanwhile, Ixa's cheap damages gonna be... really painful to Gene (Or perhap even to the point we can call them "heavy damages" to Gene ? )
No, the difference should be less than 2 because of upscaling, although it is true that Gene definitely somewhat weaker than Ixa. Still, he's also faster once he unleashes the God Hand, which means he can attack even faster (and Gene attacks really fast even with equal speed) and dodge attacks more reliably. Gene can also dodge while attacking, there's this mechanic in God Hand that allows you to attack out of a crouch with a few special attacks such as a gut punch, a low sweep that trips enemies and so on.

Gene's really good at thinking on the spot when he's at a disadvantage (This video also shows his QTE attacks and failed QTEs unfortunately so it's a little longer than it needs to be) so I think there's a decent chance that even after being blinded he can come up with something, avoid Sol Flasher and rapidly heal.
I think the problem with these clips is that he won't be able to grab Ixa the way he does to the opponents in the video due to the overwhelming LS difference.

But does he usually do that? Like, if you put all his fights together, how many times does he go out of his way to use it that fast?
Oof, that is way too many to count (and copyright). Against tougher opponents, he won't have the opportunity to do his finisher and against lesser or equal opponents, he can easily use it.

With Grovel he gets to his knees and begs and with a normal taunt he polishes his bicep while laughing at the enemy, obviously I assume they could vary a bit outside of gameplay but it is a little childish. He also generally has a tendency to laugh at his enemy when performing certain attacks.
Ixa himself has dealt with opponents like that such as Spider Fangire who likes to clown around (doing a puppet show in the middle of fighting) and Bishop and Rook who likes to laugh at opponents. So I'm sure it won't mess him his fighting.

Not quite, basically the weak attacks are meant to get past the opponent's guard or interrupt their attacks, then he busts out some stronger stuff like an uppercut that juggles the enemy, a punch that always stuns them, drunken fist attacks that completely throw off enemies with weird body language, chi attacks, there's Invincible Fist that makes him invulnerable for the duration of the move... There's over 100 attacks in God Hand so I'd recommend you to check his notable attacks section if you'd like to know more.
That's a lot of attacks but with enhanced senses and information analysis, I think Ixa will be able to deal with many of them. In his series, he always fight Fangires that have different styles of fighting. Drunken Fist won't be that much of a problem since he fought Ladybug Fangire who has tricky movement. Although the Invincible Fist I think poses the most threat. Going CQC against Ixa is scary for Gene, since Ixa Calibur can absorb a person's life force, making them weaker with each slash.

I should say Gene also has access to a couple of ways to end the fight fast, Daisy Cutter allows him to make weakened enemies explode and Head Slicer allows him to cut through things with his hand, which he typically uses to cut off heads, obviously.
Daisy Cutter is pretty similar to Ixa's Explosion Manip since its Tokusatsu. I don't know how Head Slicer will do against Ixa since he's heavily armored.

No, the difference should be less than 2 because of upscaling, although it is true that Gene definitely somewhat weaker than Ixa. Still, he's also faster once he unleashes the God Hand, which means he can attack even faster (and Gene attacks really fast even with equal speed) and dodge attacks more reliably. Gene can also dodge while attacking, there's this mechanic in God Hand that allows you to attack out of a crouch with a few special attacks such as a gut punch, a low sweep that trips enemies and so on.
A speed amp might be bad but Ixa's Sol Flasher is always a possibility. Also if he gets in a bad spot, I think Ixalion can bail him out, if he is near it (He's often near it).

I think the problem with these clips is that he won't be able to grab Ixa the way he does to the opponents in the video due to the overwhelming LS difference.
He mostly grabs for offensive counters, when it's about getting out of a bad spot he usually kicks them away or finds another way to make space.
Oof, that is way too many to count (and copyright). Against tougher opponents, he won't have the opportunity to do his finisher and against lesser or equal opponents, he can easily use it.
I see. Does he use it when he's losing?
Ixa himself has dealt with opponents like that such as Spider Fangire who likes to clown around (doing a puppet show in the middle of fighting) and Bishop and Rook who likes to laugh at opponents. So I'm sure it won't mess him his fighting.
Fair enough
That's a lot of attacks but with enhanced senses and information analysis, I think Ixa will be able to deal with many of them. In his series, he always fight Fangires that have different styles of fighting. Drunken Fist won't be that much of a problem since he fought Ladybug Fangire who has tricky movement. Although the Invincible Fist I think poses the most threat. Going CQC against Ixa is scary for Gene, since Ixa Calibur can absorb a person's life force, making them weaker with each slash.
Eh, I don't see info analysis working out too well, I mean, you analyze one move, and he's thrown out three more already, plus most of them are fairly simple in concept so knowing how they work wouldn't help too much. Obviously experience helps but Gene's sheer versatility is still an advantage here.

Fair point on Drunken Fist though I should note that a lot of its moves allow Gene to simultaneously dodge attacks and attack.

As for Ixa Calibur, I mean, it's a sword, he's gonna want to avoid being hit by it even before knowing of its properties lol. In fact there is a chance he might attempt to disarm Ixa anyway, it is something you can do in God Hand by hitting opponents enough.
Daisy Cutter is pretty similar to Ixa's Explosion Manip since its Tokusatsu. I don't know how Head Slicer will do against Ixa since he's heavily armored.
It does work against robotic enemies and the like for the record. Although I don't necessarily think it'd cleanly chop his head off considering the AP disadvantage, but it might pierce through the armor and cause damage to the neck.
A speed amp might be bad but Ixa's Sol Flasher is always a possibility. Also if he gets in a bad spot, I think Ixalion can bail him out, if he is near it (He's often near it).
I think Gene could probably just kick it away if it approaches, he can counter attacks from behind and motorcycles are pretty loud.

I see. Does he use it when he's losing?
I don't remember too well on that part but I think he either just retreats or go for a Hail Mary.

Fair enough

Eh, I don't see info analysis working out too well, I mean, you analyze one move, and he's thrown out three more already, plus most of them are fairly simple in concept so knowing how they work wouldn't help too much. Obviously experience helps but Gene's sheer versatility is still an advantage here.
That's fair, I'd say Ixa's enhanced senses will help him greatly still.

Fair point on Drunken Fist though I should note that a lot of its moves allow Gene to simultaneously dodge attacks and attack.

As for Ixa Calibur, I mean, it's a sword, he's gonna want to avoid being hit by it even before knowing of its properties lol. In fact there is a chance he might attempt to disarm Ixa anyway, it is something you can do in God Hand by hitting opponents enough.
That's true. Although, Ixa has also shown to target the arms of his opponents which will be bad if Gene tries to disarm him or block. Ixa has also shown that he can parry or disarm people with weapons too (Against Boar Fangire, he blocked he attack while not looking and against Bishop, he parried his sword when Ixa was blind)
If Ixa is disarmed, he would go to his secondary weapon which is the Ixa Knuckle is hard to disarm and does this.

It does work against robotic enemies and the like for the record. Although I don't necessarily think it'd cleanly chop his head off considering the AP disadvantage, but it might pierce through the armor and cause damage to the neck.
Piercing damage poses a threat if Ixa is hit clean on the neck. I imagine Ixa won't let that happen tho.

I think Gene could probably just kick it away if it approaches, he can counter attacks from behind and motorcycles are pretty loud.
I'm thinking he uses Ixalion to position better rather than go straight on but Ixa tends to do both. Here's some other info about Ixalion if Ixa wants to use it:

That's fair, I'd say Ixa's enhanced senses will help him greatly still.
Eh, again seeing it coming isn't really the issue, his attacks are fast even before the amp and can really easily overwhelm someone but they aren't really invisible
That's true. Although, Ixa has also shown to target the arms of his opponents which will be bad if Gene tries to disarm him or block. Ixa has also shown that he can parry or disarm people with weapons too (Against Boar Fangire, he blocked he attack while not looking and against Bishop, he parried his sword when Ixa was blind)
If Ixa is disarmed, he would go to his secondary weapon which is the Ixa Knuckle is hard to disarm and does this.
Gene's God Hand is probably more durable than the rest of his body so I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I don't know if he'd use the sword or just toss it away, I think he might choose to use it since he has shown decent skill with katanas and stuff like that but generally it'd be more of a supplement to his martial arts than his primary weapon. Ixa Knuckle definitely seems like it'd be difficult to remove although obviously it does lack the range that the sword had, which might be an issue especially if Gene's already activated his speed amp.
Piercing damage poses a threat if Ixa is hit clean on the neck. I imagine Ixa won't let that happen tho.
Gene could combo into it or something like that, like knocking Ixa in the air and meeting him with a Head Slicer as he's falling down, but obviously with how many options he has that's not gonna happen too soon.
I'm thinking he uses Ixalion to position better rather than go straight on but Ixa tends to do both. Here's some other info about Ixalion if Ixa wants to use it:
Actually, does Ixa have it? Cause I've been debating as if Gene doesn't have his optional equipment, guess we should ask OP, if he's given optional equipment he's got a bunch of weapons including a stun rod which might be really useful.

Have y'all casted your votes yet? We're almost at 100 comments. This is some very good debating though. I'm not sure who to vote for myself.

I'm fine with waiting, rn I think it could go either way but I'm biased so I think Gene might take it high-diff

I rather fine this match went to 200+ message, i having blast right now

And speaking of optional equipment, let just say Ixa can use anything except Powered Ixer, as for Gene i think he's fine without his other equipment, unsure tho lel

Actually, does Ixa have it? Cause I've been debating as if Gene doesn't have his optional equipment, guess we should ask OP, if he's given optional equipment he's got a bunch of weapons including a stun rod which might be really useful.
The only thing that Ixa has that could be considered Optional Equipment is the Power Ixer, everything else is fair game. He's actually summoned basically his entire arsenal before, the Powered Ixer being the only exception.

Have y'all casted your votes yet? We're almost at 100 comments. This is some very good debating though. I'm not sure who to vote for myself.
Well, the upscailing thing still bother me. So i asked the our forum standard regarding this. Just so i can be more convinced with the whole upscailing stuffs. (and to see if Kamen Rider verse can get some merit from this upscailing system)

Until then, i will temporally withdraw from the thread.

For Powered Ixer, he always used it against a bigger and/or kaiju sized enemies, beside that he didn't used it over time (for good sake, the truck having a deconstruction balls that can be launched up to 5 km and mobile enough to rivaling every racing cars in Initial D)
Well, the upscailing thing still bother me. So i asked the our forum standard regarding this. Just so i can be more convinced with the whole upscailing stuffs. (and to see if Kamen Rider verse can get some merit from this upscailing system)

Until then, i will temporally withdraw from the thread.
Let me help you to get that answered

Well i dunno since base Gene already covering everything so no need to use Double God Hands

Plus Nago in-characters always switch to Burst Mode immediately

Eh, again seeing it coming isn't really the issue, his attacks are fast even before the amp and can really easily overwhelm someone but they aren't really invisible
Since this is speed equal, I doubt the base attack will be too fast but the speed amp can outpace Ixa. Also, does the hands take time to change or does it just change instantly?

Gene's God Hand is probably more durable than the rest of his body so I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I don't know if he'd use the sword or just toss it away, I think he might choose to use it since he has shown decent skill with katanas and stuff like that but generally it'd be more of a supplement to his martial arts than his primary weapon. Ixa Knuckle definitely seems like it'd be difficult to remove although obviously it does lack the range that the sword had, which might be an issue especially if Gene's already activated his speed amp.
My main point of targeting the arm is more so to do with the Life Absorption, not like trying to cut it off or anything (Although there's a chance)

Gene could combo into it or something like that, like knocking Ixa in the air and meeting him with a Head Slicer as he's falling down, but obviously with how many options he has that's not gonna happen too soon.
I've been thinking about this but Gene's combos is because of video game inputs. If Ixa was doing continuous attacks wouldn't his attacks count like combos too? Because Ixa has a lot of series of different attacks since its live-action.

This one is answered by Berries.

Last edited:
Since this is speed equal, I doubt the base attack will be too fast but the speed amp can outpace Ixa. Also, does the hands take time to change or does it just change instantly?
Charge for what? The speed amp part needs a roughly one second animation where he gathers energy in it. As for normal attacks not really, some special attacks have a bit of charge although they happen in bullet time so it's hard to tell how much it is for the enemy.
My main point of targeting the arm is more so to do with the Life Absorption, not like trying to cut it off or anything (Although there's a chance)
I mean, I think Gene will attempt to avoid the sword to the best of his abilities no matter what, considering it's a sword.
I've been thinking about this but Gene's combos is because of video game inputs. If Ixa was doing continuous attacks wouldn't his attacks count like combos too? Because Ixa has a lot of series of different attacks since its live-action.
Hm? Gene's combos are an actual mechanic in God Hand, not just mashing attacks, you get to customize and personalize your attack strings in God Hand, which is my basis for assuming he can put them together really well.

I'm not discounting Ixa's own versatility but Gene's combo ability mostly comes from either keeping the opponent stunned with rapid attacks or taking them off-balance, which he has a lot of ways to do: Leg sweeps to trip them up and make them fall to the ground, upon which he can use an axe kick to bounce them off the ground and at that point he can use shoryukens or roundhouse kicks while they're in the air, or maybe he can uppercut them upwards to do something similar, he's got a lot of options.

Plus Gene can straight-up duck and weave his way around entire enemy combos lol (This also shows an example of his counter-attacks where he strikes the opponent right as they attack, that's indicated by the "ding" sound). This isn't a game mechanic either, Azel, who's Gene's rival and has his same abilities, does the same thing to you sometimes.

Charge for what? The speed amp part needs a roughly one second animation where he gathers energy in it. As for normal attacks not really, some special attacks have a bit of charge although they happen in bullet time so it's hard to tell how much it is for the enemy.
I said change not charge lul. Like does he need time to change into his other hands.

I mean, I think Gene will attempt to avoid the sword to the best of his abilities no matter what, considering it's a sword.
Sol Flasher is always an option. Unless Gene has fought blind before, I don't see how he can dodge or hit Ixa reliably if he gets hit with that. If Ixa decides to use Broken Fang, it will be incredibly hard to dodge.

Hm? Gene's combos are an actual mechanic in God Hand, not just mashing attacks, you get to customize and personalize your attack strings in God Hand, which is my basis for assuming he can put them together really well.

I'm not discounting Ixa's own versatility but Gene's combo ability mostly comes from either keeping the opponent stunned with rapid attacks or taking them off-balance, which he has a lot of ways to do: Leg sweeps to trip them up and make them fall to the ground, upon which he can use an axe kick to bounce them off the ground and at that point he can use shoryukens or roundhouse kicks while they're in the air, or maybe he can uppercut them upwards to do something similar, he's got a lot of options.

Plus Gene can straight-up duck and weave his way around entire enemy combos lol (This also shows an example of his counter-attacks where he strikes the opponent right as they attack, that's indicated by the "ding" sound). This isn't a game mechanic either, Azel, who's Gene's rival and has his same abilities, does the same thing to you sometimes.
I see. Can it get blocked though? Also, I don't really know how the combos will interact here because Ixa has many forms of interruptions.

Gene dodging Nago's attack really don't mean much due to Sol Flasher. Gene could heal himself but like, his profile doesn't show how good it is, partially/fully healing doesn't really do much due to it being a game mechanic. Even then Bishop is a Fangire who is superior to Garuru in every shape or form, Garuru being a Fangire who can regenerate severe wounds in under 12 hours. Yes, its 12 hours but the time between Bishop and Nago fight takes several weeks in between, despite this, Bishop couldn't regenerate his eyes.

Sure, like Gene's healing, Garuru's regen doesn't give much info other than it being "severe". But see it as something like missing fingers and hands, Bishop has better regen than that and still couldn't recover his eyes after at least 7 days.

Not only that, he'll have to use his healing as Nago's fighting him, which every attack that Nago does would leach away at Gene' life force and soul, severely weakening him

I said change not charge lul. Like does he need time to change into his other hands.
He's got the god hand on at all times, it's usually restrained.
Sol Flasher is always an option. Unless Gene has fought blind before, I don't see how he can dodge or hit Ixa reliably if he gets hit with that. If Ixa decides to use Broken Fang, it will be incredibly hard to dodge.
I mean, it is an option, one option, it's not like Ixa is gonna spam it, and you said it isn't necessarily likely for him to use it if he's losing I believe. As for Broken Fang Gene has got energy shockwaves of his own that wouldn't necessarily be any easier to avoid, plus he could feasibly interrupt it if Ixa attempts to use it at close range.
I see. Can it get blocked though? Also, I don't really know how the combos will interact here because Ixa has many forms of interruptions.
In what sense? You can block his attacks normally but he has access to a wide array of guard breakers that allow him to turn that around.
Gene dodging Nago's attack really don't mean much due to Sol Flasher. Gene could heal himself but like, his profile doesn't show how good it is, partially/fully healing doesn't really do much due to it being a game mechanic.
It's not a game mechanic, it's done with chi and stuff.
Even then Bishop is a Fangire who is superior to Garuru in every shape or form, Garuru being a Fangire who can regenerate severe wounds in under 12 hours. Yes, its 12 hours but the time between Bishop and Nago fight takes several weeks in between, despite this, Bishop couldn't regenerate his eyes.
Retinal damage is way easier to heal than missing fingers. Also, is there actual proof of Bishop having that regen?
Not only that, he'll have to use his healing as Nago's fighting him, which every attack that Nago does would leach away at Gene' life force and soul, severely weakening him
The healing takes like, 1/2 seconds, and Gene can just kick Ixa away when using it.

It's not a game mechanic, it's done with chi and stuff.

Retinal damage is way easier to heal than missing fingers. Also, is there actual proof of Bishop having that regen?

The healing takes like, 1/2 seconds, and Gene can just kick Ixa away when using it.
No I meant the HP. Like in video games where a character would have a sliver of HP but would physically remain the same as they were with full HP

No, it’s just that Bishop is top tier Fangire and could possibly even become the king of all Fangires. Due the regen thing being an innate ability Fangires, Bishop should at least have regeneration comparable to Garulu

He’s going to kick away Ixa while he’s blind? Ixa doesn’t event need to go into melee, he could just shoot Gene from a range or use Broken Fang. Not only that, due to the intensity of the Sol Flasher, it being comparable to a super powered flash bang, Gene would be momentarily stunned to due to.

Also, could you show me a clip of Gene’s gameplay. I was looking through some and it doesn’t seem like he could dodge the barrage from Ixa’s gun.

Also, could you show me a clip of Gene’s gameplay. I was looking through some and it doesn’t seem like he could dodge the barrage from Ixa’s gun.
God Hand gameplay is really stiff movement wise cause it uses tank controls, so idk if it'd be accurate in that specific regard. At long range he probably couldn't dodge a continued burst but they start very close and Gene could always defend himself with some AOE energy attack.

God Hand gameplay is really stiff movement wise cause it uses tank controls, so idk if it'd be accurate in that specific regard. At long range he probably couldn't dodge a continued burst but they start very close and Gene could always defend himself with some AOE energy attack.
Can you give us some footages of Gene's AOE attacks ? The video you gave me doesnt seem to show any of Gene's AOE, the closest to it was the energy attacks in the end of the video, but it's seem like require Gene to have 2 God Hands ? Althought it's still very likely Ixa still gonna charge forward without flicking once he realize the damages isnt that big, like how he did in his own verse

That said, i asked about whether someone with weaker AP like Gene can stuns the opponent that has stronger AP with combo of multiple hits, the answer i was given is a No.
Not to mention, Ixa himself also attacks in combo to stuns the enemies, if they are engage in a close range combat, i'm pretty sure Ixa will have a bigger advantage with his combos.

Last edited:
There's many and they're all contained in the video I'm linking, but a couple of decent examples are La Bomba, Typhoon Kick, Shockwave and Shaolin Blast. The latter especially is his absolute strongest move so it'd definitely put a dent in Ixa, he absolutely can't just walk through it.

That's cause you worded it poorly or M3X misunderstood. The power of the attacks doesn't stack or anything, it's just about causing enough pain to get the enemy to flinch or simply throwing off their body enough to prevent them from attacking properly, which Gene can easily do to people stronger than him. Again remember that he has a specific technique to interrupt enemy attacks where he hits them right before they can attack, knocking them right on their asses.

There's one hell of a difference between just swinging wildly and throwing out a dozen different highly refined martial arts moves each with its own unique properties in the span of ten seconds, and Gene can easily dodge his way around more impressive combos than that- He's fought a possibly centuries old samurai master who could create a clone of himself and can deal with him no problem, and that's just a miniboss.

There's many and they're all contained in the video I'm linking, but a couple of decent examples are La Bomba, Typhoon Kick, Shockwave and Shaolin Blast. The latter especially is his absolute strongest move so it'd definitely put a dent in Ixa, he absolutely can't just walk through it.

That's cause you worded it poorly or M3X misunderstood. The power of the attacks doesn't stack or anything, it's just about causing enough pain to get the enemy to flinch or simply throwing off their body enough to prevent them from attacking properly, which Gene can easily do to people stronger than him. Again remember that he has a specific technique to interrupt enemy attacks where he hits them right before they can attack, knocking them right on their asses.

There's one hell of a difference between just swinging wildly and throwing out a dozen different highly refined martial arts moves each with its own unique properties in the span of ten seconds, and Gene can easily dodge his way around more impressive combos than that- He's fought a possibly centuries old samurai master who could create a clone of himself and can deal with him no problem, and that's just a miniboss.
I keep going back on this but Sol Flasher makes it so he's fighting blind even if he gets a glimpse of it. It's 3 million candelas we are talking about. And what's more likely, A move that is lightspeed hitting someone with supersonic+ speed, or someone who is supersonic+ speed but can being able to cover their face in time for a lightspeed move? Of course its the former.

Gene's ability to stun people and combo is assuming it works on anyone. How do we know that it can effect someone who is 2x stronger than him the same way it works on people with the same AP? Especially when 1. Ixa has ~2x more AP than Gene and 2. Ixa has Class M lifting strength opposed to Gene's Class 25. Ixa in his series is on par a guy that lift a 10,000 ton hammer casually. Gene ain't swatting away, pushing away, throwing anything when Ixa has 400x more lifting strength than Gene and that's taking the maximum of Class 25.

Also, Ixa has fought against Fangire. A warmongering race that can live for centuries that waged war with 12 other demon races which includes wolfen, mermen, frankens, and most importantly, the legendoras. The Fangires completely wiped out the 12 other races and drove them into extinction. He has also defeated Warhog Fangire, Rook, and Bishop who are 3 of the strongest and most skilled Fangires in the series.

To add to what IxaSaga said about the fangire race eradicates other 12 demon races to extinction.

The event was happened in 15th century. And Rook was the one that caused the Wolfen tribe to gone extinced.

And Ixa outskilled and defeated Rook in a solo combat. He even defeated Rook's superior, Bishop, who is just as powerful and skilled as Rook (if not stronger)

So Gene isnt the only one that has fought masters with centuries worth of experiences.

Last edited:
Cant answer that one, since i cant remember that arc and Bishop really well, other than that he is strong as hell.
And i said above that i dont doubt Gene could heal the retinal wound. Althought Berries do have a point about Gene really need feats of healing structures like retina, not just some flesh wounds like general healing does.

Last edited:
Fangire in general have their bodies stab or limbs cut out and reappeared fine although I don't know if they have shown regen on-screen. Garulu for sure has regen.

I keep going back on this but Sol Flasher makes it so he's fighting blind even if he gets a glimpse of it. It's 3 million candelas we are talking about. And what's more likely, A move that is lightspeed hitting someone with supersonic+ speed, or someone who is supersonic+ speed but can being able to cover their face in time for a lightspeed move? Of course its the former
You keep going back to that one move, Gene himself has some very effective killer abilities with Head Slicer or Daisy Cutter so it's not like he can't end the fight ASAP when needed himself.

Also I literally debunked the candela statement wtf

Plus, you'd need to show actual proof that it goes from turned off to max brightness in an unreactable timeframe, if it's to be proved as actually impossible to dodge.
Gene's ability to stun people and combo is assuming it works on anyone. How do we know that it can effect someone who is 2x stronger than him the same way it works on people with the same AP? Especially when 1. Ixa has ~2x more AP than Gene and 2. Ixa has Class M lifting strength opposed to Gene's Class 25. Ixa in his series is on par a guy that lift a 10,000 ton hammer casually. Gene ain't swatting away, pushing away, throwing anything when Ixa has 400x more lifting strength than Gene and that's taking the maximum of Class 25.
Lifting Strength doesn't matter at all when it comes to resisting blows, the wiki straight-up bans treating SS as LS. And a roughly 2x advantage (which is actually much smaller due to Gene's upscaling and amps) absolutely does not allow you to shrug off attack from the weaker enemy lmao, that'd be 7.5x.
Also, Ixa has fought against Fangire. A warmongering race that can live for centuries that waged war with 12 other demon races which includes wolfen, mermen, frankens, and most importantly, the legendoras. The Fangires completely wiped out the 12 other races and drove them into extinction. He has also defeated Warhog Fangire, Rook, and Bishop who are 3 of the strongest and most skilled Fangires in the series.
Gene's fought demons that are pretty similar, just as old and almost wiped out the human world, he basically beat everyone of note that appears in God Hand which includes their three big boss generals, and that's just tertiary to his much more impressive feats.

Also FYI I've gotten kinda sick so responses might get a bit slower.

Fangire in general have their bodies stab or limbs cut out and reappeared fine although I don't know if they have shown regen on-screen. Garulu for sure has regen.
Hmm, that mean all the fangire could have a regen scaled from Garulu? (I mean garulu is still the same species with fangire, no?)

that'd be 7.5x.
7.5x is the one-shotting range.
I'm pretty sure the gap that big allow you to ignore whatever kind of hit the opponent trying to make (unless it's Dura neg or some ability that dont focus on destruction).
If it's simply shrugging off the attacks then i pretty sure it's smaller. Even if we assume the 2x gap isnt big enough for Ixa to shrugg off, he still has high pain endurance which allow him to shrug off the attacks on his level, so enduring Gene's attacks wont be a problem at all because Ixa already has AP advantage.

You keep going back to that one move, Gene himself has some very effective killer abilities with Head Slicer or Daisy Cutter so it's not like he can't end the fight ASAP when needed himself.

Plus, you'd need to show actual proof that it goes from turned off to max brightness in an unreactable timeframe, if it's to be proved as actually impossible to dodge.
How do they work? Cause Nago is already stronger than Gene, and he’s actually fought against stronger opponents like Dogga Kiva and still survived. So like a super powerful attack wouldn’t be something new for Nago to
handle

I think I’ve said this before, but even if we want to say that it’s not 3 million candelas, it can still blind people.

In the previous videos we linked, you can literally see the setting being normal and then straight to the Sol Flasher. Not only that, it literally light.

I really dont recall you have debunked the candela statement ?
Not sure if this help, but the speed of all lights like flashlight's light or torch's light by default is speed of light. Ixa's Sol Flasher is the flashlight that shine at 3 millions of candela degrees, so yeah.

I really dont recall you have debunked the candela statement ?
I believe it was something along the lines of it being too strong for Ixa, likely around continent level since candela can be converted to energy. But even then, it can still blind people.

I keep going to that one move since it's a big win con.

Lifting Strength doesn't matter at all when it comes to resisting blows, the wiki straight-up bans treating SS as LS. And a roughly 2x advantage (which is actually much smaller due to Gene's upscaling and amps) absolutely does not allow you to shrug off attack from the weaker enemy lmao, that'd be 7.5x.
I said "swatting away, pushing away, throwing anything", not resisting blows. From the gameplay, Gene's grapple and ability to manhandle opponents is a big part of his arsenal and his combos, Gene won't be don't anything that here. He will have to rely on strikes more than anything.

Gene's fought demons that are pretty similar, just as old and almost wiped out the human world, he basically beat everyone of note that appears in God Hand which includes their three big boss generals, and that's just tertiary to his much more impressive feats.
Ehh, comparing humans to races like legendoras that have Tiers 5-A warriors in their clan is not it.

Also FYI I've gotten kinda sick so responses might get a bit slower.
ope, get well soon

I believe it was something along the lines of it being too strong for Ixa, likely around continent level since candela can be converted to energy. But even then, it can still blind people.
Well, let just treat it as a hax rather than an AP thing, since Toei's website treat it as such :v

Back