• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I’m continue with the debate later, busy rn, but can we just take a step back and just see how insane this fight would be. Gene dodging Ixa’s bulls to trying to get close. Lands a few hits before Ixa counters with Gururu Saber and tries to out range with the Ixalion. And then Gene starts breaking the fourth wall and makes fun of Nago, with Nago being more confused than angry with Gene literally speaking to air.

Honestly I am fine with concluding on an incon in this fight if yall are too, it's really close and there's a lot of moving parts so I think "they're pretty even so we can't really know which one would win 51% of the time" is a good conclusion

If that's what we go with yeah. Although Gene kinda ugly loses to Snake (I can give my reasoning if yall are interested) so I'm fine with Ixa moving forward.

If that's what we go with yeah. Although Gene kinda ugly loses to Snake (I can give my reasoning if yall are interested) so I'm fine with Ixa moving forward.
Wouldn't we have to restrict some of Snake's weaponry since he can harm 8-A's with certain weapons?

Issue is that at the beginning of the fight they're basically in melee range so attempting to use the gun might end up backfiring horribly since you can't really use it easily if Gene is close enough to punch comfortably.
Ixa actually finds openings to use the gun in short range, if it doesn't work, he can hop away. Despite his armor, he is very agile and got hops for days.

It does, but Gene can probably think of some way to set up into it such as stunning Ixa with Granny Smacker- which is admittedly a little slow itself, but it's not the only way, maybe he can uppercut Ixa upwards and meet him with a OIP as he's falling back down, or something like that. Not that it's gonna be his first thought but it is definitely a wincon.
I don't think it will be a reliable win-con since there's a lot of set up.

Honestly I am fine with concluding on an incon in this fight if yall are too, it's really close and there's a lot of moving parts so I think "they're pretty even so we can't really know which one would win 51% of the time" is a good conclusion
I still feel like Ixa has more consistent win-cons. Gene has to do a lot more to win. Either way, it will be a high-diff fight.

oof

Ixa actually finds openings to use the gun in short range, if it doesn't work, he can hop away. Despite his armor, he is very agile and got hops for days.
Gene can perform several different attacks out of a full dash without losing much momentum so with speed equalized getting away from him is really tough.
I don't think it will be a reliable win-con since there's a lot of set up.
He can do it off a single good interaction, like sweeping Ixa off his feet or managing to land a slightly charged uppercut.
I still feel like Ixa has more consistent win-cons. Gene has to do a lot more to win. Either way, it will be a high-diff fight.
He does but at the same time he's much better in the basic sections of the fight. Like, if you know fighting games Ixa is the one with the better punishes while Gene is better in neutral if that makes sense. And the speed amp is a really useful tool for getting to his own wincons faster.
Yeah Gene kinda just has AP and speed in the fight, in a H2H fight it can go either way with maybe the edge given to Gene cause healing + speed but Snake is also incredibly good at what he does and able to dismantle a lot of Gene's own tricks, the real kick in the teeth is his tech though, the second he realizes he might lose in H2H he can use stealth and dominate from then on.

Gene can perform several different attacks out of a full dash without losing much momentum so with speed equalized getting away from him is really tough.

He can do it off a single good interaction, like sweeping Ixa off his feet or managing to land a slightly charged uppercut.

He does but at the same time he's much better in the basic sections of the fight. Like, if you know fighting games Ixa is the one with the better punishes while Gene is better in neutral if that makes sense. And the speed amp is a really useful tool for getting to his own wincons faster.

Yeah Gene kinda just has AP and speed in the fight, in a H2H fight it can go either way with maybe the edge given to Gene cause healing + speed but Snake is also incredibly good at what he does and able to dismantle a lot of Gene's own tricks, the real kick in the teeth is his tech though, the second he realizes he might lose in H2H he can use stealth and dominate from then on.
I still have counters and I'm sure you do too but I feeling like the debate is about ready to be done so I'm just gonna leave it at here (Else this will take longer than the Akaza vs Ixa match)

Even if you do that he has invisibility, guns, tranquilizers, stun grenades, obviously he's so good with stealth that he might as well be invisible unless Gene is looking directly at him, he's just way better at so much stuff.

The scary thing is that this is just his base key (Safe and Burst Mode) yet had so many cinematic fights (varied from a MONKE to a God Hand, Sentient Warship, and near-eternal Demon), there is Rising Form that far greater. Right now i have one planned Rising Ixa match, but i'll make it after 8-B tourney is over

Poor Wataru, if only his demonic power isn't that broken he may have a great time as Nago

I mean, if we want to continue I'm fine with that but generally I think that there's so many arguments for either that a honest "either could very realistically win and who does win more often depends on subtleties that are impossible to know for certain in a fan debate" might be the best answer.

The scary thing is that this is just his base key (Safe and Burst Mode) yet had so many cinematic fights (varied from a MONKE to a God Hand, Sentient Warship, and near-eternal Demon), there is Rising Form that far greater. Right now i have one planned Rising Ixa match, but i'll make it after 8-B tourney is over

Poor Wataru, if only his demonic power isn't that broken he may have a great time as Nago
Might make Johnny Test vs Ixa next.

Generally I don't think there's too much to say, however I would give one last reminder of just how important Gene's skill/speed advantage is going to be in the fight.

Also I seriously doubt the answer is yes but would Ixa's suit short-circuit if he was tossed into the water? Cause they are near a harbor after all.

Generally I don't think there's too much to say, however I would give one last reminder of just how important Gene's skill/speed advantage is going to be in the fight.

Also I seriously doubt the answer is yes but would Ixa's suit short-circuit if he was tossed into the water? Cause they are near a harbor after all.
Nah

Hey, have you seen my man's special attacks? One of his super moves is literally just kicking the opponent in the nuts lol

I shall use this as reason to spam spamming more fitting God Hand music. Not to replace Bloody Rose, just... it's so good man
hmm, Bloody Rose happens to be Kiva's (The guy that is the victim of all those Ixa videos) violin name.
I'll prolly use the first one (or second one) as the first theme, does in Kamen Rider Kiva have a banger soundtrack?

Dahlia still stay as climax theme
Supernova, Innocent Trap, Individual System, Destiny's Play, Rainy Rose, Fight for Justice, This love never ends, Roots of the King, Extermination Time, etc. are all what people seem to like

Back