• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about upscailing.

So on a versus thread, there is character A who is scailed to 18.8 tons.
A is fighting character B, who is 47.7 tons.
The different between them is solid 2.5 times.
The supporter of character A said it is because A upscailed alot from the 18.8 tons feat, so the different of them should be less than 2x.

This got me confused, because i failed to find a guildlines in our wiki about the upscailing (Or perhap i'm not looking in the right place ? ).
But i want to know if there's a specific guidelines about the level of upscailing allow the characters to be stronger about 1.5 times than the feats they scailed to (?).

Last edited:
Skimmed through the 6th page, it's seem like the only thing that was agreed was tier jumping scailed from the characters that upscailed from?
It is possible for a character who is depicted as vastly superior to another in a statistic to be placed in a tier above the other, given that the other character is close to the the next tier. However, this ultimately needs to be decided through case-by-case analysis.

This isn't upscaling, it's just scaling higher than the actual value. Upscaling is jumping to the next Tier, because you're so ******* close to it.

This isn't upscaling, it's just scaling higher than the actual value. Upscaling is jumping to the next Tier, because you're so ******* close to it.
Hmmm... Then does scailing higher from the actual value like that is allowed on the forum? Or like Fluffy said, the character stick with the AP they scaled from?

We do that. We even do somenthing more extreme. Example: Character A is 5 tons, character B is also 5 tons, but in his work, character B could one shot a 5 tons character, then in theory, he could one shot character A in a VS match.

Basically what happened with Jotaro and DIO. Star Platinum one shot The World (7.8 tons) and can do the same with any character equal or below that value.

Hmmm... Then does scailing higher from the actual value like that is allowed on the forum? Or like Fluffy said, the character stick with the AP they scaled from?
Basucally what m3x man said. In the case of actual upscaling though, when a character is very close to a next tier, and scale far above their value, we can scale them to the baseline value of the next tier. But the example you gave in the OP doesn't exist.

We do that. We even do somenthing more extreme. Example: Character A is 5 tons, character B is also 5 tons, but in his work, character B could one shot a 5 tons character, then in theory, he could one shot character A in a VS match.

Basically what happened with Jotaro and DIO. Star Platinum one shot The World (7.8 tons) and can do the same with any character equal or below that value.
Let me rephrase my question :

for example, in a versus thread, the character A (scaled to 5 tons feat) is fighting with character B (15 tons), the gap between them is 2.5 times different in AP.
The supporter of A say A scaled significantly stronger than the 5 tons feat, so the gap between A and B should be less than 2 times.

I wanted to ask if what supporter of character A say is legit. Or A still stick to the 5 tons AP in the said versus thread ?

But the example you gave in the OP doesn't exist.
Well, actually... This is what happening in a currently on-going versus thread. Another forum member used "scaling significantly higher" as an arguement, so i got confused about whether if that is allowed.

Let me rephrase my question :

for example, in a versus thread, the character A (scaled to 5 tons feat) is fighting with character B (15 tons), the gap between them is 2.5 times different in AP.
The supporter of A say A scaled significantly stronger than the 5 tons feat, so the gap between A and B should be less than 2 times.

I wanted to ask if what supporter of character A say is legit. Or A still stick to the 5 tons AP in the said versus thread ?
Yeah I got what you asked, I just gave another example. The answer is, we can't give numbers. If a character scales massively above 5 tons, then he sure as **** isn't 2.5 times weaker, we don't give numbers, but we use common sense.

"Hey, character A is massively above 5 tons, as he casually one shot a 5 tons character, so the difference is smaller than 2.5 but still unknown by numbers", it's common sense.

Yeah I got what you asked, I just gave another example. The answer is, we can't give numbers. If a character scales massively above 5 tons, then he sure as **** isn't 2.5 times weaker, we don't give numbers, but we use common sense.

"Hey, character A is massively above 5 tons, as he casually one shot a 5 tons character, so the difference is smaller than 2.5 but still unknown by numbers", it's common sense.
That is gonna be troublesome (for me to make a deciesive arguement in versus thread). But thank you for the answer.

if you dont mind another question : if the said character A want to do a combo of multiple attacks on character B, with each one of attacks is to physically stunt B, will A be able to succeed ? Or B's higher AP will cause A's combo to fail because not enough AP to stunt B ?

It doesn't work like that, the energy of each attack isn't cumulative. It won't work.

Now your question has been answered, Magi
images

It doesn't work like that, the energy of each attack isn't cumulative. It won't work.
It's not about stacking AP, just making the enemy flinch- a single punch could do it obviously but a barrage would be more effective.

It's not about stacking AP, just making the enemy flinch- a single punch could do it obviously but a barrage would be more effective.
My bad, seem like my english skills was not good enough to convey what i wanted to say.

And like Armorchompy said, i would like to hear the answer regarding the attacks that cause opponents to flinches as well.

Would it work on opponent who has about 2x higher AP ? And would having high pain endurance help resist from being flinch?

Back