• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Tournament Round 1, Match 8 Johnny Test VS Kazane Aoba Grace

ok them... normal martial art still better then ass martial art
I'd appreciate if you didn't make that argument over and over. I'm sure that if I went over a JT fight scene I'd be able to point out a fuckton of weaknesses and mistakes too, fiction ain't realistic about this stuff. And obviously you can still argue about the weaknesses of a style where it's ass-first questions later but that doesn't take away from the accomplishments themselves.
Johnny has fought Dukey on a few occasions, who was stated to be given "amazing Ninja moves." Which basically applies to Martial Arts. I can't think of anyone else.
I don't disagree that Johnny is skilled, don't get me wrong, but at the same time I don't really feel like this puts him at her level.

Generally I'd go Incon if the hax argument is dropped yeah

I'd appreciate if you didn't make that argument over and over. I'm sure that if I went over a JT fight scene I'd be able to point out a fuckton of weaknesses and mistakes too, fiction ain't realistic about this stuff. And obviously you can still argue about the weaknesses of a style where it's ass-first questions later but that doesn't take away from the accomplishments themselves.

I don't disagree that Johnny is skilled, don't get me wrong, but at the same time I don't really feel like this puts him at her level.

Generally I'd go Incon if the hax argument is dropped yeah
ok, I will change my argument, even if the ass fighter is more skillful Johnny still has most of the advantages, AP, unpredictability, experience, etc, as well as having a less limiting combat style, this should be enough to beat her in coomabte most of the time.

ok, I will change my argument, even if the ass fighter is more skillful Johnny still has most of the advantages, AP, unpredictability, experience, etc, as well as having a less limiting combat style, this should be enough to beat her in coomabte most of the time.
That's something I can get behind, although I think that without a longer skill/combat debate Incon is better.

I mean, still, even if the stakes were high, the context is different from a fight. Plus from what I understand the Aoba would go for a KO. But seriously, and I'm asking cause Idrk Johnny Test, I assume he's defeated some times throughout the series and like- he never uses any of these, right? Even if usually reliant on tech/X there would totally be a point in these fights where he realizes that's not enough- yet he never uses any of that.
Johnny's life was literally on the line. Why wouldn't this apply to a fight where you're either on the brink of death, defeat, or when you have to nothing left to dish out?

Johnny has been defeated before. But he goes to his sisters lab to ask them for his help literally almost every time. Even when he gets defeated as Johnny X he goes to his sisters lab (though he usually does that to rethink so he can come back to the fight more competently. This only applies to Johnny X). Since Johnny has no access to his equipment or Johnny X, he will have to think for himself, which he's perfectly capable of doing. If he's backed up into a corner, he'll start using his brain first to come up with a creative or clever plan to get him out of that bad situation. If he's backed up again, and he's got nothing left, that's when Causality Manip goes BRRRR (apologize for the cringe) and he'll secure the victory.

I highly doubt that Johnny will even need Causality Manip in the first place. He has many other abilities that will help him get the win already.

Skill, LS, and maybe Intelligence are the only advantages Kazane has. Johnny literally has every other advantage.

one question, what ther LS diference?
Huge advantage for Aoba.
Johnny's life was literally on the line. Why wouldn't this apply to a fight where you're either on the brink of death, defeat, or when you have to nothing left to dish out?

Johnny has been defeated before. But he goes to his sisters lab to ask them for his help literally almost every time. Even when he gets defeated as Johnny X he goes to his sisters lab (though he usually does that to rethink so he can come back to the fight more competently. This only applies to Johnny X). Since Johnny has no access to his equipment or Johnny X, he will have to think for himself, which he's perfectly capable of doing. If he's backed up into a corner, he'll start using his brain first to come up with a creative or clever plan to get him out of that bad situation. If he's backed up again, and he's got nothing left, that's when Causality Manip goes BRRRR (apologize for the cringe) and he'll secure the victory.
I mean, why would he need to retreat and ask for help when he has a win button on the line? Again I'm not denying he could possibly do it but I think that, if he were to be in a losing spot, most of the time he'd end up getting KO'd before resorting to it.

Also honestly looking at the scan I'm unsure if it's hax at all. From what I understand this happened inside a book which is why he could write stuff into it. Not sure if we should assume this translates to the real world. Plus the fact that it's done via writing means it could be dodged as easily as any other attack.
I highly doubt that Johnny will even need Causality Manip in the first place. He has many other abilities that will help him get the win already.
That I can possibly agree with, which is why I went Incon.

I mean, why would he need to retreat and ask for help when he has a win button on the line? Again I'm not denying he could possibly do it but I think that, if he were to be in a losing spot, most of the time he'd end up getting KO'd before resorting to it.

Also honestly looking at the scan I'm unsure if it's hax at all. From what I understand this happened inside a book which is why he could write stuff into it. Not sure if we should assume this translates to the real world. Plus the fact that it's done via writing means it could be dodged as easily as any other attack.

That I can possibly agree with, which is why I went Incon.
Johnny runs to his sisters/equipment because that's what he's the most reliant on if he loses a fight. He does this during the show constantly. Since he has no sisters, equipment, or Johnny X to save him, he's more likely to use Causality Manip. Though, he won't even need it in the first place, so I'll stop arguing about Causality Manip unless this fight is a lot closer than I initially thought.

Back