• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

AidenBrooks999

VS Battles
Retired
Maybe we need some calcs, but I highly doubt anything in Colussus profile comes close to City Block level.

I was actually literally just thinking about this.

I do know of some feats that could be calc'd, especially from Iceman (generating that wall of ice, freezing a lake) and Negasonic Teenage Warhead had that explosion, but I too doubt the legitimacy currently of 8-B.

I don't think we should use feats from Pre-Retcon to justify Post-Retcon stats. Like X3 Juggernaut is vastly different from DP2 Juggernaut.

AguilaR101 said:
This looks like it'd be close to Large Building level But it needs a calc.
From what we see, not sure if it'd be High 8-C but it would certainly be something.

Qawsedf234 said:
I don't think we should use feats from Pre-Retcon to justify Post-Retcon stats. Like X3 Juggernaut is vastly different from DP2 Juggernaut.
Yeah, there's also that

For context, my thing was about Ice-Man freezing stuff. Cross scaling Iceman's AP to others also seems like a really large slippery slope. It should be environmental destruction if its for stuff overtime.

Iceman, Pyro and Negasonic all have quantifiable feats. Every current character scales from Negasonic's scrapyard levelling feat

We should get an AP for Negasonic first I reckon, because that gives us the Durability for Colossus which further gives us the AP for Sentinels, which all the DoFP X-Men scale to.

Iceman and Pyro cross scale, but I reckon Iceman may or may not get two keys if the Trilogy Iceman's AP is incompatible to DoFP Iceman, since it is stated that the future one's Ice-form is more powerful than the current one.

Also, what do the 9-As scale from btw?

We should get an AP for Negasonic first I reckon, because that gives us the Durability for Colossus which further gives us the AP for Sentinels,

How? Post-Retcon Colossus hasn't fought a Sentinel to my knowledge. You shouldn't back scale people between retcons when they're radically changed by said retcon.

Well, no one had a problem with that before those were made. I don't think there are any scaleable feats for the 8-Bs in Pre-Retcon profiles otherwise, unless we scale everyone to Pyro blowing up those buildings and police cars, so like, 8-C I reckon.

Well, no one had a problem with that before those were made

So? The universe was radically changed after DoFP. Cross scaling with radically different characters shouldn't be a thing.

Xavier might get some power buffs or debuffs, and Cyclops and Beast might be reduced a tier as well, due to the lack of experience and certain statements in the revised timeline, Magneto's current feat scaling feat is from X-Men:The Last Stand, so that might change. Juggernaut and Colossus are obvious.

Idk, I'll look for some feats for the revised timeline versions, maybe no changes need to be made

• Xavier doesn't reallty change to my knowledge. I don't believe his TP was buffed or debuffed and physically he's the same
  • Magneto's younger version has slightly worse lifting strength when unamped and possibly slightly worse AP
  • New Beast still fights Wolverine in DofP doesn't he? If not then he'd need a change
  • Colossus and Juggernaut would need two keys
  • Cyclops is a bit weird. Would need to find more stuff before I can say anything about him

• I meant in terms of him losing or gaining certain abilities.
  • Magneto's best feat in the revised timeline seems to be lifting the RFK Stadium, which might be wayyy lighter than the Golden Gate bridge I reckon.
  • Yeah he does, but is somewhat comparable to Wolvie instead of being superior to him. Probably don't need a tier change.
  • Okay. Colossus will scale to Pyro, and Juggernaut will be likely Atleast 9-A for busting reinforced doors.
  • Revised Timeline Scott seemingly doesn't show the combat prowess of original timeline one's, also the "blasting holes in the mountains" statement doesn't exist. He is comparable to Storm however, so if we could any calcs of her, we might be able scale him to her.

• Does he show any new abilites in the reboot timeline? I don't remember anything
  • The Golden Gate bridge weighs 887,000 US Tons while a stadium of similar size to the RFK Stadium weighs 500,000 US Tons. While lower its not by much (1.77x or something)
  • I agree with the Cyclops stuff

• No, the problem is he doesn't show half the powers in the revised timelines, that he did in the original. He'll definitely lose his Immortality and Possesion for the new key, with more to follow.
  • Fair, he likely doesn't need any changes.
  • So Revised Cyclops goes like 10-B, From 10-C to (Storm's Tier)

• Ah. Yeah post-reboot will lose those powers
  • Something like that yeah.

So, as of now, the following feats need to be calc'd

• Negasonic levelling the scrapyard from Deadpool (Mid Priority)
  • Pyro blowing up police cars from X2 (High Priority)
  • Suitable Storm feats (Low Priority)
I'll ask for the verse expert and calc member Spino to send their input here first, and then ask these calced at the management thread.

By the 6th of July I'll be able to help with calcs if still needed

As of now, tomorrow I have an exam so...

Calcs. If a video can be given of all of the relevant feats I can take a look and tear through 'em.

Separating the keys into pre and post retcon and doing away with the 8-B rating for Negasonic.

Many thanks. I can take a look at this later.

@Spino

No. 1 Priority:

Pyro's AP via him exploding cars from the clip I provided (scaling to the Sentinels, thus almost every 2023 X-Men)

No. 2 Priority: Negasonic's Scrapyard levelling explosion from the other clip I provided (Scaling to many Deadpool Characters)

Hmmm... bizarre. It seems Iceman's walls have a far higher durability than his AP. Which is weird as a group of Sentinels can bust through his ice walls, and DoFP Iceman is comparable to them

Let's assume DoFP Iceman is far superior to the original trilogy Iceman, as there is a ton of evidence, as well as some WoG statements to back that. So, Iceman gets two keys, one for the original trilogy, and another for Days of Future Past.

Proposed Tier for Icey:- He's 9-A with a High 8-C wall for the original trilogy, and completely High 8-C with atleast 9-A base dura for the Days of Future Past.

This gives us a consistent rating for the Sentinels, and helps scaling for the future, without breaking logic.

The durability of an ice wall won't necessarily be comparable to the energy needed to create it through temperature change

@Andytremon

Iceman would be getting his AP by stopping Sentinels, who managed to break through his Ice Wall, albeit with effort

"The durability of an ice wall won't necessarily be comparable to the energy needed to create it through temperature change"

I literally just said this, breaking ice of a certain size doesn't require the same energy as creating ice of that size through temperature changes

Oh, sorry, I assumed it to be a wall durability calc.

Well, looks like all Original Timeline 8-Bs are getting downgraded to Atleast 9-A.

Andytrenom said:
"The durability of an ice wall won't necessarily be comparable to the energy needed to create it through temperature change"
I literally just said this, breaking ice of a certain size doesn't require the same energy as creating ice of that size through temperature changes
I mean, logic wise no.

But it wouldn't be the first time the wiki made that type of scaling

We shouldn't even use heat change as AP unless the character specifically uses that energy to directly cool someone.

Back