• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Crazy dnd sword
Twenty-fifth round of the 8-B Brackets Begins! Winner of the last round was The Hunter.

The winner of this round will progress to the semifinals.

Current Standings

Hub

The contenders for this round are the Skull Knight, submitted by Wokistan, and Kary-08, submitted by Pixel-Kirby.

Since Skull Knight laughs at durability Kary starts w/out the Executioner's mask, but it isn't restricted. Speed is equalized, battle takes place in this Kaladeshi orchard 20 meters apart.

Skull Knight is 45 Tons, Kary is 51 Tons.

Kary-08 -

Skull Knight -

Incon -

164377463-288-k405613
Vincenzo-riccardi-cavaliere-del-teschio

Right. You know the drill.

Attack: Kary, see OP.

Durability: Kary, see OP.

Lifting Strength: Kary, M > 5.

Stamina: Skull Knight, even if lowballed to Extremely High, that still beats Karys regular high.

Range: Skull Knight. Dozens of km > Hundreds of m.

Intelligence: Leads to Skull Knight due to Karys immaturity.

Experience: Skull Knight, as a being who is hundreds of years old, he outskills Kary who is only 4.

Abilities: Kary, while the only useful thing I see on Skull Knight being Space Manipulation with the Sword of Actuation, Telekinesis on Kary should be able to disarm Skull Knight completely before he can use his equipment. To add things further, she could grab SK to turn him into energy and finish him off the moment he gets unarmed (unless SK has some experience in unarmed battles). Forcefields and Regenerationn top it off as well to add good defense as Kary proceeds to play defensively and offensively at the same time.

Conclusion: A 4-4 result, huh. BUT, given their stats, despite being immature, Kary would still think through and actually disarm her opponent before he can do anything then finish him off. Until further notice if Skull Knight is able to fight barehandedly, the winner in my eyes is Kary-08.

I can assume that it gets taken away by telekinesis before he could even use it. I CLEARLY mentioned disarming ALL equipment to render him useless, so no more weapons for him once telekinesis does its trick.

Actually... TK is a good point.

TK could optimally prevent the man from making the EE swing. Her lifting strength is more than enough to hold back something like that.

She sorta never did it to the cyborg duo though, despite how she should have been able to. Not even like the transmutation where she only did it to fodders, she just straight up never used it for anything except throwing buildings and blocking bullets.

I imagine that, if she notices a sword of EE that could easily one-shot her, she may just take it.

In theory he won't instantly go for EE.

But if he does, and she's used TK to block attacks before, I'd say it's reasonable to assume she'd block a biggum sword strike.

Until Wok posts more, I'll vote Kary.

Well the sword won't be thrown or attacking her. It'll be a random sword swing like 20 meters away from her. I don't see why she would just TK the sword away for no reason.

She's used TK to "block" attacks, but the sword opens a portal to a EE place, so not much to block there.

Imma say Skull Knight personally.

But you can block the swing, is the point.

Until Wok posts more, I'll also vote Kary FRA. She seems to have just about every advantage sans the sword, which isn't impossible to deal with. Range and Stamina are unlikely to matter here, so Skull Knight basically just has the sword, and experience.

The swing won't be targeting her though, that's the point. He just brings up a sword, randomly swings while being 30 meters away from her, EE thing opens up, she gets sucked into EE. She has no reason to block the swing if it doesn't seem threatening.

The AP/durabilty difference is nothing that meaningful and can be beaten by skill alone.

The real problem SK will be facing here is that TK since the lifting strength difference is HUGE, and if she uses it on him he won't be able to move an inch.

His biggest chance here would be starting with sword of actuation, but that's not an in character starting move, so unless direct TK is not an in character move for Kacy, this might be a very stompy win

It is not, no. She mostly used it for, as Wok said, stopping bullets and moving buildings. She didn't even try it on Xero, who has a ton of melee weaponry (even though some of it has ranged qualities).

Granted, there's nothing stopping her from teleporting if she really thinks she's in danger. She can be super prone to it with her mask on.

^^

If it were in character for her yes it would be pretty decisive. She mostly uses it for defense though so it gives the battle a chance to be longer and therefore a chance for SK to bring his Emprah Sword.

Skull Knight also has his own teleportation with the sword that doesn't seem to use up the Behlits. Can get a pic in a bit.

I mean, looking at this, does Kary have anything that suggests that she will grab the EE sword if he just randomly swings? Kary also doesn't open with TK so eh

Cause if not, I'm going with Skull Knight via ripping open space with his sword.

Even if she doesn't, she's got versitility speaking to her advantage. SK has the EE sword that he won't open up with immediately and Kary has... quite a bit, really.

Skull not immediately using said EE sword means Kary has enough time to utilize more of her vast ability set, though.

But he does have other swords like teleport and stuff, and if he sees that he's being pushed back he should go for the EE sword.

I know, I'm just saying this isn't "EE sword GG" for Skull Knight and some of the Kary arguments are valid.

Never said it's EE sword GG right off the bat, just eventually. And Kary's votes are valid, if someone comes out saying whether she would use TK to crush or...wait. What does she actually open up with?

She opens with shooting people, spawning a bunch of zombies, and throwing buildings at them.

He can just break the building with AP, or teleport. Speaking of that:

https://readberserk.com/chapter/berserk-chapter-303/

End of this chapter, you can see Skull Knight's sword appear out of nowhere, seemingly having torn through space. He then goes through himself.

Pretty sure he entered the eclipse in a similar way but I'd have to check.

Is it in character for him? To do so? Also what about Kary's absorption, is that even combat applicable for her? And lastly can't she just danmaku him to hell and back cus higher AP and all.

In character for him to hit something coming at him or get out of the way? He isn't exactly one to just sit there and face tank.

Dragonslayer, which he and his shield scale to, was undamaged by the 45 ton attack. Omega's feat that gets doubled for Kary's power wasn't casual. The shield's actually useful due to this, and the gap isn't too much. She can triple her power and hit 8-A if so inclined but takes a bit to do that.

Her absorbtion wouldn't be on him, because he's a skeleton and as such shouldn't really have any bio-electricity to drain. For whatever reason, she seems to have forgotten she had transmutation despite literally being bashed to death at one point so I think that can be ignored.

Anyways, time to type up my official vote. I believe Skull Knight wins here.

AP is not very different, unless Kary does her 3x amp. This is due to the feat Skull Knight and his shield scaling to being one that did not damage Dragonslayer, the original object of scaling. Meanwhile, the feat Omega did that gets doubled for Kary's AP wasn't a casual one. Kary was able to replicate Omega's feat much more easily, and I'm not saying she can't damage Skull Knight, but I think the rather small gap to begin with will be pretty much negligible and his shield should hold up just fine here.

Kary has better range usually, excluding Skull Knight cutting the kilometers tall guy in half, but given the speed they're moving at and that Skull Knight's horse already doesn't like gravity and can jump super far, I do think that despite Kary generally trying to keep a distance he can close in on her. His own teleportation and better skill feats help too.

Speaking of skill, Kary's by no means unimpressive. Omega and Xero were incredible operatives even before augmentation, and post augmentation they could kill an army, their own robotic clones who had all their data despite being worse off physically, and Kary (Though obviously she doesn't scale to her own defeat) among other things. Can pull up the explanation I've typed before at some point. The thing is, Skull Knight's just better here.

• Skull Knight has opposed the God Head for a millennium, meaning that for thousands of years he has endured apostles being drawn to him constantly, especially when he tries to rest
  • Even being alive means he somehow survived the original Eclipse. Keep in mind, even Guts only lived because Skull Knight saved him and Casca, and he did extremely well all things considered. Most people just got splattered immediately. To endure the Eclipse is to endure an endless tide of physically stronger abominations, each one raving to consume your soul. Zodd proves that not all apostles are bestial, and there are in fact some who themselves posses impressive combat skills.
  • Speaking of him, Zodd has admitted that Skull Knight's the only non God Hand that he can't beat. Zodd has been alive and fought for centuries, and even when staying in human form was considered a pretty much hopeless fight for anyone and was called "the god of the battlefield". Zodd even conclusively beats Guts, and Guts needs the Berserker Armor to stand up to his Apostle form. SK has beat apostle zodd so many times that he doesn't even really register Zodd.
  • This means SK scales above Guts. I can explain this if really needed, but it's long and expansive so I don't want to.
On the topic of abilities: Skull Knight may seem barebones (hah), but I think what he has paired with his skill should give him the win. You can see my WIP revisions here, but I might have found him precog and definitely found Type 2 immortality. Kary's durability negation isn't something she uses, and she didn't TK ragdoll anyone important (She did it to some fodders early in the series, but never to the Cyborg duo, like her transmutation). Being a skeleton means she can't recharge off Skull Knight, and given the location she can't go nuke civilian populations to recharge either. Her AoE is a definite issue, but Skull Knight's shield, maneuverability, and Type 2 should make sure he doesn't just get blown up from afar immediately. If something puts him on the ropes, he's likely to spatial cut to teleport above her then pull out his reality breaking slash, like when he tried to assassinate Griffith. This is supported by him activating the sword in other times he would have been overwhelmed, like against those trolls. Kary's shield won't vaporize his sword. It did to so Omega's bullets and Xero's standard issue swords, but not their bodies, Xero's more exotic melee weapons, Omega's explosives (they just detonated) or his bayonet, so I don't think it's the same paygrade as her regular attacks by default. Zombies are no issue whatsoever.

So yeah. Bone man wins.

Yeah seems legit, but no precog or type 2 immortality. That would be putting the characters in revision really. But it's up to dargoo to decide.

Pretty sure just being a skeleton with no organs already is type 2 which is rather evident but I don't think he specifically needs either anyways due to skill and context of APfeats.

Yes ok i agree on this fight, he doesn't really need it. I just don't know whether it's ok to apply precog in fights to come.

But as i said. Dargoo is the one who decides that.

I've been more lenient with characters that need revisions given that the person revising them are making the changes abundantly clear as we're doing the brackets, in every round, with scans/quotes.

Wok has done that with Skull Knight, as well as FirePhoenix (sort of) did that with Ouma.

So I'll let this one slide for now, just please for the love of God get the revisions running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back