• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Godzilla poster
Round 10: Cube (Live a Live) vs Yasutora Sado (Chad)

Brackets Standings

Brackets Hub

Last key for both, and speed is equalized. Yasutora has his giant arm active.

Battle takes place in the village of Lucretia.

Cube scales far above 15 kilotons, Yasutora scales above(?) 62 kilotons.

May the best fighter win.

Cube:

Yasutora: 1

Inconclusive:

Cube livealive
Fullbring Arc Chad Rendered

I'll drop a few reasons here for the robot that could.

Yasutora's biggest advantage is his AP advantage, which is at most 4x (assuming there's no hidden ridiculous scaling). Cube can offset this with stat amps, a variety of healing options and a range advantage that lets Cube induce Yasutora with status effects and statistic reductions from afar. Mind Hack will definitely be Cube's most useful move here, which will incapacitate Yasu for a short while, letting Cube amp and heal if it needs to before nailing Yasu with powerful attacks. Cube's genius intelligence, along with its information analysis, will let it deduce the best way to deal with Yasutora and use its moves effectively, even if it won't lead with its best moves straight away. Any of Yasutora's hax abilities are covered by Cube's myriad of resistances.

Also keep in mind that, by game standards, Cube's stronger attacks can one-shot 15 kiloton beings.

"No hidden ridiculous scaling"

Challenege accepted ovo. More seriously, just with this arm Chad is notably stronger than the 62 kilotons, can take a hundred comparable hits from Gantenbainne and get up, loves to use his beam punch (comparable range to Cube that his profile doesn't reflect for some reason), swaps to his shield arm (which is even stronger and no sells hits that stomp base Gantenbainne) pretty fast in fights (seriously, he practically forgoes using the base arm once he gets the shield arm) and spams his Bringer Light (blitzes Gantenbainne who blitzes 2nd Arm Chad).

The question here is what does Cube lead with, cuz stat amps and reductions are gonna be having a rough time with all the arm transformations and most of his other stuff is just different attacks that get no selled by Chad's dura. From what I can tell, the only stuff that work are Mind Hack, Lacquer shot and 50k Shock.

AnonymousBlank said:
The question here is what does Cube lead with, cuz stat amps and reductions are gonna be having a rough time with all the arm transformations and most of his other stuff is just different attacks that get no selled by Chad's dura. From what I can tell, the only stuff that work are Mind Hack, Lacquer shot and 50k Shock.
It's an RPG protagonist with no dialogue or battle cutscenes, I can't give a definitive answer on that other than it's smart and will probably pick a 'safe' move.

@Erentheturkishguy Cube is a robot, it doesn't have a soul.

Just gonna add that I'm restricting Yasutora's left arm being active given how badly he wiped the floor with Ravager last round, and the fact that this and most other matches will end as AP stomps.

I would assume Info Analysis would be the safest and probably best first move as not only does it learn about the opponent, it also damages and possibly reduces the target's stats too.

Problem for Cube is that if an enemy can just harm Chad by glaring and even nerf his powers, he will immediately go for the blitz/one shot strategy as his physical power is the only thing in his arsenal. Its also perfectly in character to go to the next arm so Cube would be having slightly wrong info on him.

At this point, if we say Chad is not allowed his Bringer Light speed amp cuz he blitzes when he would normally be slower (hardly the only reason he wins but lets make it harder for him here), we still end up with him exchanging shots with Cube in the first move (info analysis) and the follow up will likely put Cube down. Cube's only chance after Info Analysis is to use his Mind Hack or 50k Shock for an incon at this point as everything else makes no difference to Chad's huge AP advantage and after this, he will be extremely damaged if not done for since after this, Vhad's moves get priority via him still being peak. If he goes to heal, Chad just puts him in the same (if not worse) condition as he was a second ago and is constantly in a better position due to moving closer each time.

Gonna vote Chad as no matter what happens, he will always go for a beam punch with his shield which has too much AOE for Cube to dodge reliably while he can ignore most of Cube's arsenal for the most part. Cube's safe move will make him think Chad is weaker than he actually is, lowering the odds of going for one of two winning moves when his range of options is decent bit larger and has other things which could help (heal).

bump

Worth mentioning that Cube has limitless stamina as a robot, so its condition can't really worsen unless Chad's attacks manage to damage his internal wiring (which only fatal hits have been able to properly do). It also has automatic healing and defenses with high speed op and anti-field respectively, the latter being able to ward off any CQC attempts.

Also, I'm a bit confused here, if info analysis can harm Chad, why wouldn't Cube's far stronger moves be able to?

Chad's hits will wreck Cube as a whole. See just his AOE in weaker forms. Each hit will hit all of Cube.

Doesn't Anti-Field turn on after he gets hit? Thats pretty useless and Chad can just punch through the field with his follow up.

When I said "harm and even nerf", I meant that Cube only needs to glare to hit his opponents, not that he would cause any relevant harm to Chad. Even if its negligible, Chad can still feel the attack and even if he takes a serious injury (I doubt it), the guy walks it off like he did a steel girder to the head, a motorbike to the face (before he had any powers) and a 100 punch combo (that wasn't blocked in the slightest) from a comparable chatacter, Cube landing weaker hits will do nothing. I mean, when you carry the guy who crashed into you to the hospital, despite receiving another head and arm wound, you deserve the name Chad.

Back