• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B [Path to the Throne] Tournament: Brook vs Gauche Adlai

CharactersAttack PotencyVotes
Brook (One Piece)54.28 Megatons8 (@DaReaperMan, @noninho, @Psychomaster35, @Popted2, @Kisaragi_Megumi, @Kachon123, @TheMonkeMan, @Ret_of_Guys
Gauche Adlai (Black Clover)8.83 Megatons
Inconclusive

• The match takes place at Mont Saint-Michel, during high tide. A barrier seals the island 200 meters away.
  • Starting distance is 10 meters, on the sandy part at the bottom of the island town.
  • Speed is equalized
  • Characters have their standard equipment.
  • No knowledge of each other. No civilians or vehicles in the area.
  • Stat amps cap at 100 Megatons. Stat reduction cap at 6.3 Megatons
  • Victory is achieved under what is defined by SBA.
    • Matches have a time limit of 12 hours. Past that, any decisive immobilization or incapacitation for more than 10 seconds becomes a victory condition.
Mont-Saint-Michel_vu_du_ciel.jpg

Last edited:
Does Mirrors Brigade have some sort of downside, limit or activation restriction? Can he summon things stronger than him? Do the copies create fight for him?
If he can just summon multiple full-power Brooks to fight against Brook, that sounds like an easy gg.

Gauche has never been shown to copy an enemy and make them fight the original. He always copies allies. Seeing as it’s a one on one Mirror brigade won’t be too big of a factor.

Ah, I see that makes him a lot more balanced.

So, both sound like good fighters.
Brook has decent stat advantage.
But Gauche can fight 2 vs 1, which somewhat makes up to that.

So Gauche is gonna keep his distance as his main method of fighting is raining down lasers on his opponent. He can rain them down from multiple angles and bounce them off his own mirrors to change their direction. Then there’s Real Double which can create a duplicate of himself with all his abilities and Mirror Shift which can teleport him to the location of one of his mirrors in an emergency.

Gauche's profile lists a resistance to sleep.
Though it seems Gauche will have to severely damage Brook enough so he can't really do anything anymore, due to Brook's immortality

So if you resist psychic based sleep manipulation we don't assume you can resist a magic based one? What if both work by affecting the mind?

It depends on if the resist comes from tanking the sleep effect itself or from resisting the magic who causes the effects itself.
And if the sleep manipulation is done by affecting the mind/soul or body.

I really think skillwise, Brook will make good use of that AP gap

Via that and sleep manip, think I can say Brook FRA

Regardless, Brook is comparable, although inferior to Zoro, seeing as Zoro clashed pretty evenly with Ryuma while Brook also did but was clearly at a disadvantage. Though you could argue they're comparable because Ryuma had Brook's shadow which gives him Brook's skills.

Yes that's the extent of Brook skill scaling, he gets like 2 or 3 fights pre-timeskip and 2 of those are just Ryuma, so you kind of have to use his Post-Timeskip fights to figure out WTF he even does besides swordplay.

Outside of shit he does that he doesn't have in this key, Brook oftentimes just blitzed the opponent with attack speed amps three times i think and 2 of those were against Big Mom, put them to sleep once, and just did regular old swordplay until he decided to bust out his fancy new soul powers against the sweet dudes in WCI.

Honestly the more I think about it the more I realize Brook is probably Ozpin's only real competition besides fights that are just in his favor in this tourney which is hilarious to think about

3 things

First: Brook is 👌 this close of not being able to use blitzing as an argument, but he is 2 times faster than Gauche if speed is not equalized, so he can blitz, so no shenanigans about "blitzing is not allowed via speed rules"

Second: Gauche always starts the fights with taking a good position to attack his opponents, he is gonna fly away, Brook has to win before he abuse his range

Third: Brook probably would try to use sleep while Gauche is leaving, but I am waiting more arguments, I don´t see any BC fan here

I'm confused... How can Gauche defeat brook?
First: Brook is 👌 this close of not being able to use blitzing as an argument, but he is 2 times faster than Gauche if speed is not equalized, so he can blitz, so no shenanigans about "blitzing is not allowed via speed rules"
He can blitz via his speed amp

Speed is equalized but speed amps are allowed.

Gauche outranges Brook, but they start at 10 meters apart. It depends what Brook does in-character during fights.

3 things

Second: Gauche always starts the fights with taking a good position to attack his opponents, he is gonna fly away, Brook has to win before he abuse his range

Third: Brook probably would try to use sleep while Gauche is leaving, but I am waiting more arguments, I don´t see any BC fan here
Yep

Brook is pretty quick on the draw, though I'd ask when he's flied like 300 meters into the air

Correct

Brook is pretty quick on the draw, though I'd ask when he's flied like 300 meters into the air
Elf Gauche spammed from a distance

Gauche spammed against Dante with Asta being the close combat fighter

He always starts at a distance, the match favors Brook but that is the tournament ruleset, bringing a sniper to a sword fight is asking for problem

Elf Gauche spammed from a distance

Gauche spammed against Dante with Asta being the close combat fighter

He always starts at a distance, the match favors Brook but that is the tournament ruleset, bringing a sniper to a sword fight is asking for problem
Makes sense, thanks for the info

Back