• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B [Path to the Throne] Tournament SemiFinals: Brook vs Sybilla

CharactersAttack PotencyVotes
Brook (One Piece)54.28 Megatons
Sibylla (Reincarnated as a Sword)Upscales from 15 Megatons7 (@DontTalkDT, @Expectro2000xxx, @Ret_of_Guys, @noninho, @Artorimachi_Meteoraft, @Popted2, @GoldenScorpions )
Inconclusive
  • The match takes place at Mont Saint-Michel, during high tide. A barrier seals the island 200 meters away.
  • Starting distance is 10 meters, on the sandy part at the bottom of the island town.
  • Speed is equalized
  • Characters have their standard equipment.
  • No knowledge of each other. No civilians or vehicles in the area.
  • Stat amps cap at 100 Megatons. Stat reduction cap at 6.3 Megatons
  • Victory is achieved under what is defined by SBA.
    • Matches have a time limit of 12 hours. Past that, any decisive immobilization or incapacitation for more than 10 seconds becomes a victory condition.
Mont-Saint-Michel_vu_du_ciel.jpg

Last edited:
So Sibylla upscales a relatively large amount from 15 Mt and she is basically unkillable using DPS on the level of her own AP. So Brook is strong enough that he could kill her, but it will take a quite a number of hits.

And with that we get to Brook's main problems:
a) Sibylla can fly and he can't.
b) He has no good defense against Sibylla's telekinesis.

Using those two factors, she can keep him at bay. That makes it difficult for him to deal damage and, given Sibylla's regeneration, any period of not doing damage undoes his effort.

Both have speed amps, so that balances out.

Ultimately, I see Brook gradually accumulating damage until he loses, while Sibylla again and again just regenerates the damage he deals away.

So Sibylla upscales a relatively large amount from 15 Mt and she is basically unkillable using DPS on the level of her own AP. So Brook is strong enough that he could kill her, but it will take a quite a number of hits.

And with that we get to Brook's main problems:
a) Sibylla can fly and he can't.
b) He has no good defense against Sibylla's telekinesis.

Using those two factors, she can keep him at bay. That makes it difficult for him to deal damage and, given Sibylla's regeneration, any period of not doing damage undoes his effort.
Only his ordinary attacks. If he lands a good one, she's not regening.
His are better I think.
Ultimately, I see Brook gradually accumulating damage until he loses, while Sibylla again and again just regenerates the damage he deals away.
Does she resist his Sleep Manipulation?

Brook would essentially need to decapitate her to kill her, which actually isn't easy with her resistance to physical attacks (which apparently is even better against piercing attacks) and her acid that can act as defense, plus all her other things like flight, transformation, amps, etc.

So as I said in the main thread I don't see him winning.

Ok, how good is her resistance?
Quoting DT from her fight againdt Badd:
Her physical resistance includes a resistance against sharp weapons that, in fact, is even higher than her resistance against blunt attacks. Fran, in her fight against Sibylla, noticed that she could outright deal more damage punching her than hitting her with her sword. (Not that punching was enough to win, even when additionally imbued with divine energy)

Only his ordinary attacks. If he lands a good one, she's not regening.
Nah, he's not that much stronger that he can oneshot. Like, oneshot gap is more than their Ap gap and due to resistances cutting / piercing damage doesn't really apply to Sibylla.

His are better I think.
Maybe (although I don't remember his best pre-timeskip feat), however, his are only while he uses one technique while Sibylla's are permanent. So even if, she is faster for 90% of the battle.

Does she resist his Sleep Manipulation?
She resists mental attacks and amongst others should resist a spell that makes the target faint. So yes, she should resist Brook's brand of sleep.

Nah, he's not that much stronger that he can oneshot. Like, oneshot gap is more than their Ap gap and due to resistances cutting / piercing damage doesn't really apply to Sibylla.
I meant more in terms of like, cutting off arms and stuff.
Maybe (although I don't remember his best pre-timeskip feat), however, his are only while he uses one technique while Sibylla's are permanent. So even if, she is faster for 90% of the battle.
His technique is basically being able to instantly blitz people at his level or higher.
She resists mental attacks and amongst others should resist a spell that makes the target faint. So yes, she should resist Brook's brand of sleep.
Alright.

I meant more in terms of like, cutting off arms and stuff.
I don't think he can easily cut off limbs and if he manages with several strikes she can regenerate those.

His technique is basically being able to instantly blitz people at his level or higher.
For just one strike, though, which severely limits the amount of damage he can do. And Sibylla's speed amp and that she could hold herself against a faster opponent before, give her chances to even react to it... together with telekinesis. A telekinetic blast at the right time can disrupt his technique.

Wouldn't that take a while?
For a whole limb? A while, sure. But within a battle-applicable timeframe for characters at that speed rating. (and possibly faster if she manages to reattach it)
I think using flight and telekinesis, she can keep Brook away for long enough that she can manage.

Also, if she uses her dragon transformation she should get one regeneration right away. Although that only works once (but in exchange her stats will be higher afterwards)

For a whole limb? A while, sure. But within a battle-applicable timeframe for characters at that speed rating. (and possibly faster if she manages to reattach it)
I think using flight and telekinesis, she can keep Brook away for long enough that she can manage.

Also, if she uses her dragon transformation she should get one regeneration right away. Although that only works once (but in exchange her stats will be higher afterwards)
I see.

Don't think so, unless her Amp also makes her blitz people with ease.
Nah, he's not that much stronger that he can oneshot.
54,28/15≈ 3,618x difference
If you argue she's more than 15 with no calc, brook still has at least thrice the AP.
due to resistances cutting / piercing damage doesn't really apply to Sibylla.
Oof, ok, then he doesn't one-shot, but still gives a ton of damage to her...
if he manages with several strikes she can regenerate those.
Fingers are instant, but limbs would not be so fast (and via at least thrice the AP, he could do so in one shot, I'm sure)
Brook's smart, he would manage to take off the limb and get her to fly away, so no reattaching.

And while that, I've noticed something:
IC Brook tries to joke and befriend people when he can, so what would she do if he starts playing violin and befriend her? No resistance cover that lol
Edit: none of the ones she has, since it's not exactly a mind manip

Don't think so, unless her Amp also makes her blitz people with ease.
Well, her amps at least let her somewhat keep up with Fran's amps, who aren't quite blitzing but still dominating.

54,28/15≈ 3,618x difference
If you argue she's more than 15 with no calc, brook still has at least thrice the AP.
I do claim that. Fran upscales vastly, by like one year of training for someone that grows supernaturally fast, and Sibylla's practical durability scales to noselling Fran. And thrice is indeed not enough to one-shot, anyway. One-shot gap is like 7.5 and thanks to resistance this also applies to blades in Sibylla's case.

Fingers are instant, but limbs would not be so fast (and via at least thrice the AP, he could do so in one shot, I'm sure)
I'm fairly sure he couldn't cut off her limb with one hit. If you can cut-off limbs with oen hit you're close to one-shotting and Brook is far from the one-shot gap.

Brook's smart, he would manage to take off the limb and get her to fly away, so no reattaching.
You forget that Sibylla has telekinesis with which she can pick things up from a distance.

And while that, I've noticed something:
IC Brook tries to joke and befriend people when he can, so what would she do if he starts playing violin and befriend her? No resistance cover that lol
Edit: none of the ones she has, since it's not exactly a mind manip
Just because Sibylla likes someone that doesn't prevent her from fighting them. Heck, she can bloodlust herself via the dragon mode... and Brook wouldn't get time for that stuff anyway, as Sibylla will be attacking him right away.

Well, her amps at least let her somewhat keep up with Fran's amps, who aren't quite blitzing but still dominating.
Brook's are blitzing, so we cannot compare here, unfortunately

I do claim that. Fran upscales vastly, by like one year of training for someone that grows supernaturally fast, and Sibylla's practical durability scales to noselling Fran. And thrice is indeed not enough to one-shot, anyway. One-shot gap is like 7.5 and thanks to resistance this also applies to blades in Sibylla's case.
Cool, Brook still can hurt her plenty, we agree on no one-shotting, though :)

I'm fairly sure he couldn't cut off her limb with one hit. If you can cut-off limbs with oen hit you're close to one-shotting and Brook is far from the one-shot gap.
Thinking again you may be half right, but I have an example of how the 3x gap would work:
Those 2 guys are athletes (WARNING: this gif may count as gore, since it shows a guy breaking his leg on a kick against other fighter). Not saying the yellow-shorts guy is baseline and the other guy is peak level (which would mean ≈3x diff like I'm pointing out), it's lower than that, since they were both training martial arts for this fight and this happened. Then what would an actual 3x diff (excluding your argument, 3,6x) make? At least severely damaging a member making it take longer to heal/regen, but I'm pretty sure that member loss is pretty possible, yes.

You forget that Sibylla has telekinesis with which she can pick things up from a distance.
Which distance? Also, Brook would guess that she'd try something with it (attaching or attacking him with it, even) and would grab it. If she can lift Brook with the arm and do it, she'll get ****** by another attack; if she can't lift Brook too, arm is not going to reattach again.

Just because Sibylla likes someone that doesn't prevent her from fighting them. Heck, she can bloodlust herself via the dragon mode... and Brook wouldn't get time for that stuff anyway, as Sibylla will be attacking him right away.
Even if she attack him right away, he would sincerely sing like "can't we actually be friends? Yohohohoho" when she fly away or eventually take distance
Also, via being part of his standard equip, he could have the violin in hand, and since she won't fully assault him, maybe he can start playing and she would be 🤔🧐🤨, listen to his sincere "be my friend lol" music and stop fighting, and technically he wins...
Now I'd really like to see her and Brook dancing while ビンクスの酒 is playing lol

Brook's are blitzing, so we cannot compare here, unfortunately
Well, it still means his techniques are not blitzing against her. And, as said, Brook's techniques are for a single strike. At all other times, Sibylla is faster. And since Brook doesn't spam these techniques he can't make a wincon out of them.

Cool, Brook still can hurt her plenty, we agree on no one-shotting, though :)
Which brings us then to the part where Sibylla can buy herself the time to regenerate from anything he inflicts on her.

Thinking again you may be half right, but I have an example of how the 3x gap would work:
Those 2 guys are athletes (WARNING: this gif may count as gore, since it shows a guy breaking his leg on a kick against other fighter). Not saying the yellow-shorts guy is baseline and the other guy is peak level (which would mean ≈3x diff like I'm pointing out), it's lower than that, since they were both training martial arts for this fight and this happened. Then what would an actual 3x diff (excluding your argument, 3,6x) make? At least severely damaging a member making it take longer to heal/regen, but I'm pretty sure that member loss is pretty possible, yes.
Breaking a joint (or a bone?) is less damage than cutting off a finger. That would instantly get healed.

Which distance? Also, Brook would guess that she'd try something with it (attaching or attacking him with it, even) and would grab it. If she can lift Brook with the arm and do it, she'll get ****** by another attack; if she can't lift Brook too, arm is not going to reattach again.
Should be at least 20 meters. If Brook is guarding the arm he is a sitting duck getting beat up by her acid and telekinesis. She could stay back letting her arm regenerate while he gets damage from her attacks.

Even if she attack him right away, he would sincerely sing like "can't we actually be friends? Yohohohoho" when she fly away or eventually take distance
Also, via being part of his standard equip, he could have the violin in hand, and since she won't fully assault him, maybe he can start playing and she would be 🤔🧐🤨, listen to his sincere "be my friend lol" music and stop fighting, and technically he wins...
That violin would get instantly smashed with telekinesis. And Sibylla can attack at a distance via that or acid.

And I read One Piece. Brook uses music for "stunning" at times, but he doesn't just turn people around. His music doesn't just control opponents and make them fight for him or anything.

At all other times, Sibylla is faster. And since Brook doesn't spam these techniques he can't make a wincon out of them.
Of course he can
The first time she get hit it may not be fatal, but would damage severely, so the better move is retreating, which gets Brook time to prepare the technique again and make being close to him a risky move
Which brings us then to the part where Sibylla can buy herself the time to regenerate from anything he inflicts on her.
Talked about it above

Breaking a joint (or a bone?) is less damage than cutting off a finger. That would instantly get healed.
(For curiosity, was the bone...ouch)
I don't mean that it's a bone breaking what would happen, i meant to prove that what would happen to her would be way worst.
Those two fighters had the same prep-time, so in this site's terms, we would say they were above baseline and somewhat on a same range, and you saw what happened
The gap between Brook and Sybilla is way bigger than those two mma fighers' gap, so by logic, what would happen is hurting more too.

Should be at least 20 meters. If Brook is guarding the arm he is a sitting duck getting beat up by her acid and telekinesis. She could stay back letting her arm regenerate while he gets damage from her attacks.
Can she TK, heal and throw acid at the same time? How is that acid thrown? Brook seeing the acid coming to him while TK is coming for the arm would throw the arm further away from her (so it escapes her range) and not get hit by the acid, and still apply the above point of getting prep time too.

That violin would get instantly smashed with telekinesis. And Sibylla can attack at a distance via that or acid.
IC would she do that? I hope not, pacific route is way cooler here. Acid commented before.

And I read One Piece. Brook uses music for "stunning" at times, but he doesn't just turn people around. His music doesn't just control opponents and make them fight for him or anything.
Befriending is way easier than 'fight for me', and even more than 'fight for yourself' (which he does even in the profile). Also, it's not a control, since Brook would IC prefer the aggressor to be his friend, as he's more of a performer, cool guy, that guy who tells funny jokes. Again, I hope he's not getting his violin immediately wrecked, since the pacific solution is way cooler lol

Of course he can
The first time she get hit it may not be fatal, but would damage severely, so the better move is retreating, which gets Brook time to prepare the technique again and make being close to him a risky move
Which is a disadvantage, as he can't win against her on range and she heals off the damage. If she plays range he is screwed.

Additionally, he won't even get time to prep, because invisible telekinesis will be hitting him. Just because he can't reach her, doesn't mean she can't reach him.

Also, if this technique is the only thing Brook does, then I don't think he has feats of chaining it together fast enough to deal damage to her quicker than she regens.

(For curiosity, was the bone...ouch)
I don't mean that it's a bone breaking what would happen, i meant to prove that what would happen to her would be way worst.
Those two fighters had the same prep-time, so in this site's terms, we would say they were above baseline and somewhat on a same range, and you saw what happened
The gap between Brook and Sybilla is way bigger than those two mma fighers' gap, so by logic, what would happen is hurting more too.
Well, our one-shot gap is what it is. Unless you plan to change that, Brook won't be able to deal huge damage fast due to real life examples.

Can she TK, heal and throw acid at the same time?
Yes. She has a parallel thinking skill, that helps with multitasking.

How is that acid thrown?
It flies around controlled by her and she can shape it into whatever shape she wants. Think water bending in avatar, but with acid and without the need for movements to control it.

Brook seeing the acid coming to him while TK is coming for the arm would throw the arm further away from her (so it escapes her range) and not get hit by the acid, and still apply the above point of getting prep time too.
The "prep" here is just not worth much, because Sibylla is on range. If he makes the move from that distance then, with her speed boosts taken into account, she can make a reaction like putting up an acid barrier to block it. Heck, Sibylla will probably memorize the stance of the technique and take action before he starts.

And once TK has the arm he can't throw it anymore.

IC would she do that? I hope not, pacific route is way cooler here. Acid commented before.
Yes, she would destroy stuff the opponent wields. In fact, weaponized instruments are a thing in her verse. There even is a divine blade that is a harp.

Befriending is way easier than 'fight for me', and even more than 'fight for yourself' (which he does even in the profile). Also, it's not a control, since Brook would IC prefer the aggressor to be his friend, as he's more of a performer, cool guy, that guy who tells funny jokes. Again, I hope he's not getting his violin immediately wrecked, since the pacific solution is way cooler lol
He just doesn't have the feats of doing that do a degree that is applicable to overcome SBA mindset. Much less against some elite fighter like Sibylla. Again, he never really does that against enemies in the show. Brook doesn't even have social influencing listed.

Since we voting, I vote Sibylla, obviously.

Pretty sure Brook don't have the ability to make people wanring to kill him in middle of a fight become his friends, and that also isn't something he actively have tried to do in combats.

He also lack a way to deal enough damage to decapitate (since that would be needed to put her down) with her regen and resistances, and no, his speed amp isn't fast enough to overcome that burden (even less with her amps that lower the speed difference) and additionally only last for one attack.

Meanwhile she have various advantages that Brook can't really counter, her fast regen plus resistances, flight and considerably greater range, invisible telekinesis, acid, general amps that are constantly active, her ability to eat things and gain power (wasn't mentioned until now but is something worth mention), etc.

My vote go to Sibylla as I maid clear at the beginning.

****'s sake, this Slime anime is really powerful
Imma have to change the vote for sybilla until another knowledgeable OP member is able to make a point : (

Back