• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3cd904f92b6b51843ddf5975d26b6126
Twelfth round of the 7-B Brackets begins! Winner of the last round was Maokai.

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Amanogawa Kouki, (Returning from the 9-B brackets!) nominated by Phoenix821, and Gintoki Sakata, submitted by Velox.

EoS Gintoki and After Stories Kouki is used. Speed is not equal. Battle takes place in this neat-looking SAO locatio.

Kouki is 7-B via scaling above High 7-C characters/an uncalced feat, Gintoki is 30 MT. Kouki scales to 3.2 km/s bullet-timers, Gintoki scales to 2.09 km/s.

Amanogawa Kouki -

Gintoki Sakata - 7 (Litentric, Shiroyasha, Iapitus, CP, Crimson, Jacky, Weeks)

Incon -

Kouki Icon
Vlcsnap-2013-02-12-16h31m50s122

So Kouki has a speed advantage and precog + gravity manip.

But Gintoki has that niche resistance to precog against potentially the only character in the tournament with it.

Nice.

He's much much much faster than 2.09 km/s in this form. He kept up with him very casually at the start of the series and far faster in EoS.

If we use 6.3 Megatons baseline, Gin is 5 times above him. Percog and Extrasensory is useless, he can resist those. He can mimic Kouki's movements and has decent range with Air cuts. He can hit people who is flying so flight is no-no. HMIC is possible no because he can dodge that half a second. Even with quadruple stats he's physically stronger. Gin also has tons of experience.

I vote Gin for now.

Who is Koukai?

Anyway Kouki does have a range advantage, being able to fly (more like walk on air but whatever) is also an advantage i guess.

To be fair Kouki can deplete Gintoki's stats and amp his own to make up for the difference in AP.

I completely forgot about his limit break and superior dominance, i applied it to his speed and not ap, and even then i didn't apply it to his speed completely.

He should have those here though.

Also

• Limit Break: A skill which temporarily triples his stats
  • Superior Dominance: A skill which quintuples his stats.
Kouki can amp within Gintoki's AP range, although I have no clue why Statistics Amplification is absent from his profile when those skills are mentioned in his techniques.

(EDIT) @CP ninja'ed me

"Able to backfire enhanced senses, precog and clairvoyance to make them see illusion instead of him"

Big oof on Kouki's part if he uses Foresight or Physical Perception, though.

The reason his profile is so sloppy is probably cause i have a strong dislike for him.

Hajime should have ended his ass, but kaori and shizuku saved him, though he got redeemed in the afterstories but meh.

Big oof indeed. Two hits was enough to defeat Batou in EoS who is stronger than Antenmaru to an unknown extent. And even then, the first hit was for arms, not meaning to kill him. If he goes tens meters away, Gin's getting a free hit.

So, looking at both sides

Gin:

• Starts off with a very good AP advantage, although he loses that when Kouki amps as well if Kouki's light gets a hit in.
  • Resists Kouki's movement reading and gets a free hit if Kouki attempts to use Foresight or Physical Perception. He basically counters and benefits from some of Kouki's most potent skills.
  • Probably outskills Kouki. His adaptive fighting style should allow him to overwhelm Kouki in close combat, although Kouki's ranged options will make getting in close hard. His air blasts can suffice for range, though.
  • Can attack Kouki with multiple bodies with STANDU POWER
Kouki:

• His amps combined with the power of his light based attacks can actually give him an AP advantage.
  • Has a much better ranged game than Gin. I think he has some AoE attacks that can help him deal with Gin's initial illusion shenanigans.
  • Has better stamina in regards to combat.
  • Forcefields help him play a better defensive game.
IMO this is very close. However Gin takes an edge due to screwing with Kouki's perception based skills, allowing him to get the hits in he needs to win this match.

Kouki could heal the injuries he gets if gin gets a free hit, provided he doesn't die on the first hit.

But gin has regen negation so meh.

Not really, he lacks the senses to perceive it.

That put, Gin's stands are invisible punching ghosts that can attack Kouki, so they both sort of have attacks that can't be perceived.

Yeah, I agree with Gin taking it here. He's very skilled, and messing with Kouki's precog paired with regen negation seems like it would give him a pretty solid victory.

Plus, Gin has superior lifting strength to Kouki, so Kouki's gravity manip won't help him much here, and clashing blades with Gin won't exactly be the best idea.

I think he'll be fairly injured by the time he actually goes ranged unless he immediately starts with flight (or air walking).

Gin - 6 (Litentric, Shiroyasha, Iapitus, CP, Crimson, Jacky)

Gin - 7 (Litentric, Shiroyasha, Iapitus, CP, Crimson, Jacky, Weeks)

Back