• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B Brackets Round 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. So wait, his CQC options, other than shooting his gun, are explosion and mines...from a range where both would be hit? I don't see how that's effective at all aside from creating distance. But he'd be damaging himself to do it if this is the case. But having explosions doesn't offset Gintoki being superior in CQC. And it's doubtful he'd even have time to set a mine if he's being overwhelmed. Plus, I mean, Gintoki can likely trigger then with his air slashes.

2. I mean, Gintoki can reflect them, Use air slashes and explosions to push them out the way. He has good counters for the danmaku already. Riding a rocket to get close to him doesn't change that, and would only make it so that Gintoki no longer has to close the distance.

3. Ah, alright. But if he walks 99% of the time, there doesn't seem to be a high chance of him pulling it out in the first place. Still, engaging in CQC is not a very good idea for him regardless.

4. Firstly, I'm sure there could be explosions occurring subsequent to each other. And secondly, him being an expert marksman doesn't nullify an explosion. Someone could be an expert sniper, but it someone puts a building in the way of their shot, they won't hit their target. If there are literal explosions pushing against the bullets from not just the front, but the sides, their path will be altered. Being good at shooting doesn't change how projectiles interact with explosions.

5. I mean, honestly, with the exception of blindness, if you replace explosions with air slashes, it amounts to the same thing. I also feel like if Gintoki notices that it's effective, then he'll use it. But air slashes are much more likely, this is true.

6. Perhaps blinding wasn't the right word for it. Explosions in anime tend to throw up a lot of smoke. But when an explosion occurs, it's probably fairly difficult to just sit there and look at an explosion while sipping some tea like it's not gonna blow you back . Gintoki could use that as an opportunity.

Also, Gintoki is superior to Trigger skillwise. If Trigger starts pulling out CQC techniques, unless they're reliant on his guns or some other weapon, Gintoki can not only copy them, but he'll likely be able to use them better because of his skill. Comparing the other threads on Gintoki's skill feats vs Trigger's, Trigger doesn't really seem to compare. And simply because he "designed to fight CQC fighters" doesn't guarantee him a win. It means his moveset should counter Gin, but Gin has more range than him, better skill, better techniques, ways to close the distance, and a better way to put him down if he does close the distance if he opts for acupuncture.

Trigger Happy - 3 (Starter, Bambu, Crimson)

Gintoki - 2 (Velox, Litentric)

Trigger Happy - 3 (Starter, Bambu, Crimson)

Gintoki - 3 (Velox, Litentric, Iapitus)

FRA war it is the

Trigger Happy - 4 (Starter, Bambu, Crimson, Weekly)

there are no songs sad enough for this day

first Oppy dies and now this

Trigger Happy - 5 (Starter, Bambu, Crimson, Weekly, Cal)

@Anonymous can you vote tho

Trigger Happy - 6 (Starter, Bambu, Crimson, Weekly, Cal, Anonymous)

Rest in Pepperoni Anime's Monopoly on the brackets

Godspeed, whatever the heck Trigger Happy is

Trigger Happy - 7 (Starter, Bambu, Crimson, Weekly, Cal, Anonymous, Iap)

Gintoki - 2 (Velox, Litentric)

Next round should be up soon considering how desisive this is.

WeeklyBattles said:
I already know Starter's arguments but his wording is better than mine
I learned from the best. owo

Also, it strikes me as kind of funny that Trigger Happy has managed to trump two MCs now.

They spent so much time in their individual series, developing their abilites and character personalities.

And then they get beaten by a little red furball who shoots gold everywhere.

I'll be frank, I never imagined that Trigger Happy would ever make it to the semi-finals. But, due to sheer dumb luck with his matchups (especially the disqualification of Bazett), he somehow made it.

I'm...fairly proud, honestly.

tbf, Anne is probably gonna screw Trigger Happy over up and down.

After that, unless he gets a matchup with Haru, I don't see him winning anymore. And even then, it's gonna be a big maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back