• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Street Fighter Big Revision. Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, somewhat unsure on what to feel. But I do have some calcs off site I may add to the site that could boost consistency for stuff. But ftm, consider me neutral.

If its E Honda SF5 feat and Oni volcano eruption, those two arent helping, the latter would scale only to him and former is deemed outlier for being too high compared to the characters in his league power

I can see the issue here and tbh i do agree using the trailers is weird as even smth like ryu's trailer to fight akuma is considered false as in game he lost to akuma relatively easily. Cody may just need a suppressed or serious key but do we even have a serious key feat as his only real statement was from an oni that never appeared in the series

So we wait 1 week for matthew to reply, but cant he be contacted via other medias (discord for example) on the matter and have its replies posted here?

The HR group decided that he has systematically behaved like a jerk for a long time and needed a warning ban so he finally takes the issue seriously.

Well, given how he's a SF guy on here, I may want to wait and see what he has to say when he returns. But, if you're willing to wait. I currently am neutral.

Actually, shouldn't they all be 7-B because they all can fight the Shadaloo Dolls, who are all comparable to one another and onne of them managed to fight Ken on equal grounds?

Also, Juri should be at least 7-B for killing a Seth on her ending with upmost ease.

Matt has made a giant rant about fighting game scaling a while back; they tend to be prone to loopholes and scaling 90% of the verse all the way from someone who's intended to be the absolute strongest character in the verse is to epitome of taboo. It would make about as much sense as making fodder skeletons in the Castlevania universe on par with Chaos. Fighting games are prone to outliers and PIS.

Actually, shouldn't they all be 7-B because they all can fight the Shadaloo Dolls, who are all comparable to one another and onne of them managed to fight Ken on equal grounds?

Also, Juri should be at least 7-B for killing a Seth on her ending with upmost ease.
Which one fought Ken on equal grounds? Anyway, the dolls are rather weak, as they all got defeated by Juri with the engine turned off (who's on Chun-Li level), and in SFV are portraied as weaker than the general cast, until they get powered up twice by the Psycho Power (and they still aren't superior to the cast). Even the strongest of them, Decapre, is shown to be around Cammy's level, if not slightly inferior.
Also, as I listed in a previous post, there are no actual durability or ap feats supporting such tier.
And characters fighting with each other doesn't necessarily mean they are equal, the context is important, and in games such are SF4 and 5 it is very clear most of the times.
(Also, 7-B scaling is something I'm going to tackle in the next CRT).

Last edited:
As you may or may not have noticed, we have received quite a lot of new profile pages for the non-canon Street Fighter EX characters recently, and they are all scaled from the canon version of Akuma, despite that this is equivalent to scaling between different timelines with different versions of the characters:

As such, I think that they should all likely be rescaled from the feats displayed in the EX continuity games alone, and possibly the earliest SF games that happened before there were several continuities, and nothing else.

Technically Akuma's original 7-B feat happened in Alpha 2, which comes before EX 1, but afaik there's no real plot connection other than some characters being the same and the game being "a natural sequel" (despite it having been developed by another software house different from Capcom, and Fighting EX Layer is totally disconnected) (and the EX series is non-canon to the main one anyway).

Then, we either keep them as they are, with Alpha 2 Akuma being a common benchmark, or work only with EX feats (which have been requested to be calculated).

I'm fine with the latter option, especially if there are no actual plot connections to the main series, aside from some characters being the same (unfortunately, I'm not that expert on the EX series).

But please, move the discussion about the issue to this thread, as this one should only be about what's in the op (And we are just waiting Matthew's opinion, as all others but DaLungeFish agreed, but didn't """debunk""" the op or one of my replies).

The feats they scale from are early main SF ones, though its not like EX Akuma or main series Akuma should be different in power levels, its not like guests in other franchises or like the comics/animes which are clearly a separated version with different power levels imo

There was a video about the lore timeline of street fighter and shared universe with other franchises

Obviously final fight and rival schools were in there too, tho there was another title slam something, which happens way earlier then the other titles and that strider hiryu or more exactly striders exist in the series

Didnt check any of those two but just to throw that out if it helps with anything

Right, Saturday Night Slam Master was a thing, I completely forgot about it, it has connections because of Haggar being playable, but I don't think it would have that much impact (also because it's connected to SF due to being connected to Final Fight).

The Strider Hiryu thing is more like a reference, or an unconfirmed thing, and it originates from Zeku, who creates the Strider fighting style at the end of his SFV story. (and his young form looks like Strider Hiryu). One of his arcade endings also expands the reference.

So neither is changing anything in terms of feats regardless, all these franchises sharing the same universe yet atm not too many feats to compensate from all of this

Thank, but I'd prefer to wait the next CRT (which I will post in a few days) before applying the changes, as they are strongly connected.

Okay. No problem.

Tell us here when you have posted your new thread and I can close this one.

So most of Street Fighter’s cast is getting downgraded to 9-B because some of the characters are threatened by conventional weapons and some of the feats they scale to dont align with canon?

All of this applies to KOF, Tekken and Mortal Kombat as well.

If these downgrades go through then most of MK, KOF and Tekken’s cast will be downgraded to 9-B in the future.

The future of fighting game verses on Vs Battles Wiki is very dark indeed.

Last edited:
Firearms can injure characters up to tier 8 due to how piercing damage works, and that isn't even nearly the main reason this downgrade was carried on.
The main reason is that the source of the 7-C feat has too many problems and isn't supported by literally anything, tier 9-A feats were the highest and most consistent feats I've been able to find, other than all the rest. I ask you to read better the op, firearms were just a small part of the supportive evidences.
And in other verses firearms can be treated as outliers when the verse is consistently shown to sit on higher levels, which, unfortunately, isn't the case for the Street Fighter low tiers.

Continuum does seem to have a good point.

Firearms can injure characters up to tier 8 due to how piercing damage works, and that isn't even nearly the main reason this downgrade was carried on.
The main reason is that the source of the 7-C feat has too many problems and isn't supported by literally anything, tier 9-A feats were the highest and most consistent feats I've been able to find, other than all the rest. I ask you to read better the op, firearms were just a small part of the supportive evidences.
And in other verses firearms can be treated az outliers were the verse is consistently shown to sit on higher levels, which, unfortunately, isn't the case for the Street Fighter low tiers.
Okay. Never mind then.

I'd also like to add that the characters right up in the next tier (and even in the one above it) demonstrated to not being afraid nor able to be injuried by bullets, as Juri (with the Feng Shui Engine active) could block them with just the ki she gives off and Ryu with the satsui no hado on literally deflected them once they hit his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back