• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

6-C Tournament: "Journey Through The Ride of Mystery and Supernatural Power" Round 2 - Match 3: Prime Barbatos vs Gunvolt

ALTERNATIVE TITLE: IT'S SLAM BAM WAM SAM TIME!

What's up participants, Veloxt1r0kore here and we're learning on why Venti having a good chunck of baker-
In this fight between the main protagonist of Gumball Watterson 2077 and his journey to beat a random transgender heterosexual that can split into two and....having a good time by themselv-
And now it is his decision to beat down another trans....but not really#Pyrolaughatyoursuffering
And now it is his decision to beat down an femboi god who is also an irish#InsertIrishmusichere due of his tendecy to get drunk-ehm
VoDKa
TeQuiLlA
Whisky
Uo uO No Mi ModEl AzUre DrAgOn
EvERy AbOmiNaTioNs DrInK ThIs Man CrEatEd
All of those are nothinf for him, he can take a shot at least 69 to 69 bottles cups and he can withstand it to the point he literally ASCENDED#Mani'mdead

But the worst of all is his windwhirl telepathy that can smack you just like when this little GrEmlIN smacking your mom slacking#Vineboom
And with every his best arsenals get disabled#DENIED can Gumball Watterson taking the candy from the baby?#Yeetthebaby

• Prime Barbatos and Heightened Emotion ASG2 Gunvolt are used
  • Speed are equalized
  • Both are in-characters
  • Place located in: Chocolates Hills, Filipina
  • images
  • Starting Range: 10 Meters
  • Win via anything!!
  • Gumball 2077: 0
  • Irish Femboi God: 0
  • Inconclusive: 5 (Smashtwig, Jack, Pop, Myself, Pikaman)

Venti.600.3098525.jpg

VS
images

Last edited:
Okay so I’ve been thinking on this hard,and I’m kinda of fighting a losing battle here, not gonna lie it looks dire for GV so I won’t be surprised if this is a stomp for Venti. However since I’m the GV guy I’m basically obligated to represent, by going into wanking copium mode and brainwash myself that this could be an Incon or a High Diff GV Win.

GV is kinda outclassed in AP, he’s 6 Gigs vs Venti’s 30+, at least a 5x diff (yes GV is 12, rn, but CRT is gonna make him 6). But this is actually doable IF Venti doesn’t spam Intangibility and Forcefields in char. From what I know of Genshin, they don’t do this often, but honestly that’s up to you guys. I’ll make some arguments of what GV can do against those too

For Forcefields, GV’s Naga is known for passing through physical objects that block its way, however, when faced with energy forcefields, it has never really… worked. However, for an elemental barrier, this may be possible, especially for earth barriers like Zhong Li’s… but for Venti… well… maybe? GV’s bolts don’t really lose velocity when faced with intense winds like from Nova, so if you want an actual fight with Forcefield Spamming Venti, here’s your answer to forcefields.

Another way is if GV just… DPS the shield like he does for the forcefields he has fought before, and if the AP for the forcefield is weaker than their actual durability, he might be able to do it. Another way for him to fight it, as well as intangibility, is if GV attacks Venti when Ventia attacks, but… that means that Venti controls the entirety of the match by deciding when he’s invincible.

From here on I’ll argue assuming GV doesn’t have to deal with Intang and Forcefield spam.

Again, GV’s main asset will be healing “spam”. GV has spammed SP Skills before like Luxcalibur (RNG based) and Split Second (every time you trigger the condition for him to use it), which are as costly as Galvanic Renewal and Patch respectively. However, we’ve never seen him use healing in a boss fight, so it’s hard to argue he can fire off healing like a machine gun. But this definitely would let him outlast Venti, or at the very least incon him.

Another asset is his Flashfield, blocking all types of projectiles, including Venti’s main attacks being arrows. Combined with his absurd repertoire of bosses he has experienced, most of Venti’s moves are a bit too linear to get him.

Venti’s Illusions aren’t… much to worry about it, GV’s fought Zonda’s Septima like three times, which does complete disorientation throughout a huge range, the fact that GV can navigate through all of this without getting lost while viewing everything upside down is pretty impressive, although this wouldn’t be Sharingan Genjutsu level or anything.

…And then I realized Class T Winds exist… bruh GV just flies into the distance… maybe I should calc that Seraph Airship huh… well, after the tourney is over, I’ll come back to this… maybe… it’s probably Class G

Wait... Prevasion is on.... lemme get the video

Incon FRA.
Yes this works against being slammed into walls, as evidenced with Copen slamming into walls and getting hurt, but Prevading it with a Pseudo-Prevasion that doesn't measure up to GVs

Last edited:
Well anyway, I'm gonna repeat myself very often here, Venti ap is: this Venti > god Venti > spirit Venti > Decarabian >>> Andrius >=34.3 gig.
If all Gunvolt DPS attack is electric base then it either get resisted since Archon resistant should be superior to vision holder who can walk around in bale thunder (ignore the gameplay) that kill non vision holder after a second or two of coming into it.
Or he could just... attack, electro which is electricity or lightning get swirled by anemo ATTACK so all of Gunvolt attack would just get disabled and he have some big aoe with alot of his attack in this key (he also mainly strike with wind and not arrow cause that's his current self move, archon self only use power so far).
Barrier is atleast comparable to vision holder which is 10x ap so it's gonna take alot of shot to take it down but he would consider it if the attack even reach him in the first place.

Yeah so Venti either wins, but GV has Prevasion, you're gonna have to hit things as small as electrons to hit him

So Incon or Venti win

Didn't it get banned? Cause that's some BS if Venti lose cause coin flip despite having every advantage in the fight except that 1 ability to hit atom.

Kay so incon then, Venti can't hit atom and GV can do shit to him so Gunvolt just spam intang and EP or SP recharge for the intang.

I'm down for incon, but the fact that the original conditions were that GV doesn't get Prevasion, I feel like Venti should be the one to move on

Nah, that ain't broken bro, any of the disqualified peep (san nero probably) can body him pretty easily.

How does gunvolt go intangible? Is there a timer? Does he spam it in character? Venti doesn’t exactly need long to kill Gunvolt here, the AP gap is very big, so Venti only needs a couple moments of his winds to put Gunvolt down. Also, as with Xenovia, any techniques depending on handheld weaponary are useless here if not thought based and started with/passive

I feel we need to hear more about how this ability works before we put a character who otherwise stomps in the situation of relying on a coin flip.

It's an automatic intang that turn him into electron for like 2 or 3 sec before any attack hit him, that doesn't require much energy and can simply be recharge up by spamming energy regen, it doesn't require anything except GV and it' always on.

I mean sure I can buy a stalemate a few times running the fight 100 times but Gunvolt is constantly on the back foot, he’ll take the opening hit and assuming he then goes intangible, he has to pretty much perfectly time his healing and intangibility in a way that means he never takes a fatal blow, which will be very tricky.

oh also this is an inconclusive vote based on a stalemate where neither can hit each other properly

Gunvolt does initially look like he has the stamina advantage. But Venti’s High Stamina is based on not running out of stamina until he depletes his anemo energy. In his Barbatos key, that would be overtaxing a GNOSIS, that isn’t happening before Gunvolt’s superhuman stamina runs out, if ever.

Gunvolt can’t uphold a stalemate and he’d be lucky to force a temporary one at all, voting Venti because he wins this more times than not, unlikely hypotheticals aside

You don't understand, it's alyway on and GV doesn't need to activate it so he wouldn't even get hit, once he realized all of his attack is just useless and his only option is stall he will and he don't need to go intang himself as the intang do it itself.

I mean, the video is right there, it's Passive and everything (you're basically fighting a ghost), but to address your point, even if this was the case, GV literally has no win condition and it'll be a stomp, I'm pretty sure in character both would literally just walk away after realizing this is a waste of time

GV's stamina is also amplified since all of his abilities are thought based (meaning no physical energy is being expended), and he can just stand there and recharge all day, which takes much less than running around and actually fighting, if anything, he has the advantage of stamina, and healing supports this

Prevasion is passive, automatic, GV doesn't rely on it, but it might as well be spammed because it triggers for every attack that would be successful in hitting him. In character, GV does spam EP Recharging, not Prevasion, but since EP fuels the automatic Prevasion... well yes he basically is spamming Prevasion on frame 1 essentially. Even more TLDR. He is fecking invincible.

Last edited:
Both is in character and win via anything so they would probably just go off and drink some place else cause hey, fighting a pointless battle just to stop to make peace and gain a friend in the end of it all is a win. Incon.

Both is in character and win via anything so they would probably just go off and drink some place else cause hey, fighting a pointless battle just to stop to make peace and gain a friend in the end of it all is a win. Incon.
FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC#INSERTMYLITTLEPONYGETSMACKEDBYASPINNING CAR

So the intang requires charging? No matter how little that’s kinda a big deal

GV goes intangible to avoid the winds

Charge eventually runs out

Gunvolt gets smacked around by the winds, has taken major damage

he now has two options, recharge his energy to go intang again or heal (I’m assuming neither of these require gestures and as such can actually happen in the middle of being thrown about)

if he recharges, he’ll just run out of juice again eventually, and will be lucky to survive a second bout in the winds.

if he heals, he’s not recharging his energy, so he can’t go intang which means he just takes another hit and any healing is cancelled out

he can delay Venti’s victory, but he can’t prevent it. Either he takes two hits after running out of energy and basically dies, or he heals only to get hit again moments after which just cancels it out.

if he can’t permanently stay intangible, he will take hits, and he really doesn’t look like he has the toolkit to recover from those hits

Also, Venti isn’t just gonna… give up because he can’t hit his opponent for a while. This is him at his most serious and he has no reason to go get drinks with the guy he’s fighting.

I do get it’s haha funny but it’s not a reliable wincon (incon-con?) for GV imo. Just a bit too speculative for my taste

So the intang requires charging? No matter how little that’s kinda a big deal

GV goes intangible to avoid the winds

Charge eventually runs out

Gunvolt gets smacked around by the winds, has taken major damage

he now has two options, recharge his energy to go intang again or heal (I’m assuming neither of these require gestures and as such can actually happen in the middle of being thrown about)

if he recharges, he’ll just run out of juice again eventually, and will be lucky to survive a second bout in the winds.

if he heals, he’s not recharging his energy, so he can’t go intang which means he just takes another hit and any healing is cancelled out

he can delay Venti’s victory, but he can’t prevent it. Either he takes two hits after running out of energy and basically dies, or he heals only to get hit again moments after which just cancels it out.

if he can’t permanently stay intangible, he will take hits, and he really doesn’t look like he has the toolkit to recover from those hits

Also, Venti isn’t just gonna… give up because he can’t hit his opponent for a while. This is him at his most serious and he has no reason to go get drinks with the guy he’s fighting.
Bro I don't think you understand. Watch the video I posted and I think everything can be cleared up

GV can recharge WHILE prevading. He really IS permanently intangible.

I really do my best to explain Prevasion every time I'm in a VS Battle and even my signature at the end of my every message goes into detail. I work very hard and it makes me very sad that people still don't understand when I make everything as clear as possible that GV is basically broken and invincible with Prevasion.

I have 3, no 4 videos made dedicated to this specific subject dedicated to people misunderstanding it after trying to make them understand for YEARS and I'm really torn up about it

I made a COPY PASTA that I put into every VSB, and the one time I don't do it... this happens so, I shall post it again

Last edited:
Prevasion is an automatic intangibility defense that turns GV into electrons. It costs part of a resource called EP, the same resource as his Flashfield each time its used to evade an attack, hence "Pre"vasion. By default, he's practically unhittable. As for EP, that resource is rechargable, even during Prevasion itself, either on its own, or manually by Gunvolt himself. If he chooses the latter, all of his EP is instantly restored to its absolute max. Combine this with Prevasion, and Gunvolt can stall out anyone if he really wanted to.

Another way to put it

Gunvolt during Recharge is Invincible due to Prevasion

I truly hope one day I can find a system so that I no longer need to reexplain Prevasion over and over due to a misunderstanding, causing GV to lose matches he never should have since the beginning.

And I hope I can go to sleep peacefully, praying that this is understood so I don't see a "Venti FRA" train just like with that Diavolo nightmare

Oh crap sorry, if Prevasion with natural charging is energy efficient then yeah this is incon

And I don’t know anything much about like electrons and particles and all that crap but I’m assuming Venti can’t just blow them away from each other and split him in two because well that just sounds very dumb

Back