• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

6-๐“‘ ๐“ฃ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ท๐“ช๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ: ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ ๐“ž๐“ฏ ๐“œ๐“ช๐“ฐ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ, ๐“ฃ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ๐“ฝ ๐“ข๐“น๐“ช๐“ป๐“ด๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“ฟ๐“ผ ๐“ฉ๐“ช๐“ฐ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ญ (0-0-0)

Arnoldstone18

#1 Nero Enthusiast
Username Only
Welcome to the 6-B Tournament: World Of Magic. Please see here for more information on this tournament.

In an enchanted arena, the tournament commences,
As two combatants enter, with magic as their defenses,
One, a beautiful unicorn, with powers pure and bright,
The other, a hideous devil, shrouded in darkness and spite.

Twilight Sparkles, the unicorn, with her mane of rainbow hue,
A creature of such grace and charm, a wonder to behold too,
Her magical powers, both cute and powerful, a sight to see,
As she sets her sights on her foe, with her heart pure and free.

Zagred, the devil, with his demonic powers and his voice,
Commanding reality itself, making creatures of his choice,
His powers of darkness and evil, his intentions so vile,
A force to be reckoned with, a fearsome sight to compile.

The two take their positions, ready for the fight to begin,
Twilight Sparkles with her heart, and Zagred with his sin,
The arena brimming with magic, with a sense of mystery,
As the two start their battle, in a display of wizardry.

And so, the tournament continues, with battles fierce and true,
But the battle of Twilight Sparkles and Zagred, a sight anew,
A battle of magic and powers, of light and of sin,

A moment of pure beauty, in the arena, once again.

images

Life_Of_King's Bedroom

Twilight Sparkles vs Zagred

Twilight Sparkles scales above 7 Teratons and Zagred scales to 62.88 Teratons.

• Speed Equalized
  • Starting distance 10km apart and away from each other's line of sight
  • Standard Equipment Permitted; Optional Equipment will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
  • Fighters only have knowledge of their opponent's appearance and at least a vague sense of awareness of any dangerous (mid to high mid hax) abilities they possess.
  • There will be civilians and vehicles in the area depending on the location of the battlefield. In other words business is as usual in those locations and battles spontaneously happens and disrupts it, however, the location's defenses will not go against the fighters so that their fight isn't impeded.
  • Fighters are in character
  • Stat Amps and Debuffs can not limit opponents above or below their tier respectively.
  • Victory will be decided via Death or Incap or any other ways your opponents are unable to continue battle.
  • The match will last up to 7 days to conclude. Otherwise, the participants with the most votes advance. In the event of no votes, the most active participants advance. In the event both participants were actively debating, then matches will be decided based on a coin flip.

Last edited:
How we starting 10km apart in that bedroom haha

Anyway... Wow... Tough match for Twilight here.

But! She does have quite a few things to help her out.

For one, the biggest thing: her magic attack speed is MUCH faster than the equalized speed. So she'll be able to cast stuff before Zagred has the chance to think about it.

Two, Twilight's style of combat is actually pretty cancerous to fight against. She spams energy beams and immediately teleports out of the way of attacks. Thanks to the previously mentioned magic speed, she should be able to dodge pretty much anything that Zagred throws at her via teleportation.

And she will always have a forcefield around her as well. So, nothing is going to be touching her very easily.

Three, Twilight has a few things that can end this match instantly if she realizes her magic attacks aren't working.
- Transmutation (She can turn you in an apple or something)

WAIT! half way through writing this I only just realized Zagred's main ability is using his SPEECH to fight.

TWILIGHT CAN LITERALLY ZIP HIS MOUTH SHUT. WHICH IS COMPLETELY IN CHARACTER.

She's an extraordinary genius and would immediately realize that his magic is tied to speech. So that could be something that gives her an extreme advantage. I am actually not sure if that would work it just seems really funny.

Also she has extremely powerful power null that was capable of reversing some of Discord's magic. Which is 4-D.

His mother sleeps in that bed if it helps ๐Ÿ—ฟ

For one, the biggest thing: her magic attack speed is MUCH faster than the equalized speed. So she'll be able to cast stuff before Zagred has the chance to think about it.

Two, Twilight's style of combat is actually pretty cancerous to fight against. She spams energy beams and immediately teleports out of the way of attacks. Thanks to the previously mentioned magic speed, she should be able to dodge pretty much anything that Zagred throws at her via teleportation.

And she will always have a forcefield around her as well. So, nothing is going to be touching her very easily.

Three, Twilight has a few things that can end this match instantly if she realizes her magic attacks aren't working.

WAIT! half way through writing this I only just realized Zagred's main ability is using his SPEECH to fight.

Damn that's a giant hard counter, isn't it

She's an extraordinary genius and would immediately realize that his magic is tied to speech. So that could be something that gives her an extreme advantage. I am actually not sure if that would work it just seems really funny.

Also she has extremely powerful power null that was capable of reversing some of Discord's magic. Which is 4-D.
Zagred can make more mouths on his body. Wouldnโ€™t his otherworldly creature and his trident help?

Zagred can make more mouths on his body. Wouldnโ€™t his otherworldly creature and his trident help?
Twilight would immediately zip them shut since making more of them would confirm without doubt that is what she needs to keep doing.

And if that doesn't work, then just transmuting him to end the match would be her next move.

What does his trident do?

Twilight would immediately zip them shut since making more of them would confirm without doubt that is what she needs to keep doing.

And if that doesn't work, then just transmuting him to end the match would be her next move.

What does his trident do?
Zagred has passive powernull. Trident warps space and deconstructs things including magic.

Zagred has passive powernull. Trident warps space and deconstructs things including magic.
Passive powernull? I dont know if it would work. A lot of twilight's magic just takes effect on the targets body without having to go through their "presence." Including her transmutation powers.

This is another thing she would take note of. If her standard energy blasts are being disrupted by his presence, she'll just switch to using magic that doesn't have to pass through his presence.

For similar reason, I don't think the trident will be useful here. The magic will instantly take effect on his body.

Yeah, and does Zagred have to use his magic to summon his trident? If so, I don't really see how he can pull that off once his mouth gets zipped up.

Passive powernull? I dont know if it would work. A lot of twilight's magic just takes effect on the targets body without having to go through their "presence." Including her transmutation powers.

This is another thing she would take note of. If her standard energy blasts are being disrupted by his presence, she'll just switch to using magic that doesn't have to pass through his presence.

For similar reason, I don't think the trident will be useful here. The magic will instantly take effect on his body.
No it also affects the person she wonโ€™t be able to use magic as well. Also the monsters absorb magic and life force so spells arenโ€™t a good idea. Zagred could say donโ€™t move then the monsters or the trident do twilight in.

I'd like to hear if there has been any misconceptions already. So I can continue to make arguments.

You're saying that the magic will get absorbed. It takes effect instantly and twilight activates it millions of times faster than Zagred can react to in this fight.

I don't have any particular opinion of the match itself but want to clear something:
This is wrong as according to the versus rules:
The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc.
So in this case Zagred FTL+ will be equalized to Twilight FTL combat speed, not her Subsonic running speed, so she don't have the speed advantage.

Hm. Alright.

I don't know why Twilight has FTL combat speed. It should only be magic speed.

I don't know why Twilight has FTL combat speed. It should only be magic speed.
I know absolutely nothing about the MLP profiles in the wiki, but if I have to suppose I guess is because she have show to be able to dodge and react to magic? Which would mean her combat speed would scale to that.

I know absolutely nothing about the MLP profiles in the wiki, but if I have to suppose I guess is because she have show to be able to dodge and react to magic? Which would mean her combat speed would scale to that.
The most I could see is reaction speed scaling to magic, not combat speed though.

Anyway, it's whatever.

My points still stand it's just that they are equally as fast now. Teleportation, flight, and forcefield will allow her to stay out of range of his trident and magic stuff.

Passive Power Null via presence only works if the gap is stomp worthy.

Zagred would need his mouth to summon anything tbh.

There arenโ€™t really any misconceptions so far tbh. Debate is going well. Iโ€™ll stay neutral.
Is the gap stomp worthy here?

Also, can his presence negate magic that isn't projectile-based. Like things that just activate on-body.

Is the gap stomp worthy here?

no idea. In verse gaps are impossible to discern. I personally also donโ€™t want to use wiki standard for one shot to discern either but it may seem like thatโ€™s the only way to know.

Also, can his presence negate magic that isn't projectile-based. Like things that just activate on-body

No proof so, No.

Although if the gap is large enough their sheer aura can prevent the mage from being able to cast spells over a certain range near them (around a hundred meters). Similar to how Finral couldnโ€™t cast spells around characters that would one shot him.

no idea. In verse gaps are impossible to discern. I personally also donโ€™t want to use wiki standard for one shot to discern either but it may seem like thatโ€™s the only way to know.

No proof so, No.

Although if the gap is large enough their sheer aura can prevent the mage from being able to cast spells over a certain range near them (around a hundred meters). Similar to how Finral couldnโ€™t cast spells around characters that would one shot him.
Shouldn't be a problem then since they start 10km away and Twilight wouldn't choose to go into his range.

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and vote Twilight then.

I think after realizing her projectiles aren't working and seeing him use his words to do magic, she's going to end up transmuting him.

I don't ever really see him being able to do much to her. She's always going to teleport out of the way of stuff, use forcefield to block, and abuse the hell out of flight and range.

If all else fails, she also has power nullification that should be 4-D in potency (It could reverse Discords power, which is 4-D).

I have not read the whole thread yet so I donยดt know if somebody pointed this out

Zagred can create more mouths to speak with his biology

I will edit this with more info in the future

"For one, the biggest thing: her magic attack speed is MUCH faster than the equalized speed. So she'll be able to cast stuff before Zagred has the chance to think about it."

"Speed: Subsonic running speed (Four ponies could run at this speed) FTL combat and magic speed (Immensely superior to a group of Unicorns who can hit the Moon with their magic at such speeds)"

Why is her magic speed faster than his combat but not noted? it should have "Even higher magic speed" if anything Edit: Okey, someone already pointed this out, I though the profile was wrong in this regard, because clearly Zagred is not equalized to subsonic speed while Twilight is FTL magic spamming, it would be against the rules

And with the Zippers, she is using magic to do that, but Zagred is stronger, should not him being able to literally unzip himself? She is exercing force and Zagred can surpass it

"Passive Power Null via presence only works if the gap is stomp worthy."

Arnold, the gap is 8.85 times and Elfs were nulling spells from comparable guys to them, Zagred is superior to that

Rarity solos both

Last edited:
It takes effect instantly

I donยดt want to be picky, but this is not "instantly"

And I am only searching his Unicorn usages of magic, If in Alicorn the effects are instant, because of my lack of knowledge, I would assume that the transformation+ more magic experience/skill would make her spells better, but this has to be prove

I am not voting because your logic makes sense and she has an absurd range advantage that makes this match hard for Zagred, and the 4D Power Null is literally an instantwin and probably even a stomp worthy thing+ the range

And if she can teleport 10 KM away, Zagred canยดt never catch up unless he nulls her first, but we are here to debate of course

ฬทZฬทaฬทgฬทrฬทeฬทdฬท ฬทwฬทiฬทnฬทsฬท ฬทvฬทiฬทaฬท ฬทaฬทnฬทiฬทmฬทaฬทlฬท ฬทmฬทaฬทnฬทiฬทpฬทuฬทlฬทaฬทtฬทiฬทoฬทnฬท

What do their senses look like. How do they intend on finding each other since they are 10km away and away from each otherโ€™s line of sight.