• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

๐Ÿจ-๐ต ๐’ฏ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‡๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ƒ๐“‰: ๐’ฒ๐‘œ๐“‡๐“๐’น ๐‘œ๐’ป ๐‘€๐’ถ๐‘”๐’พ๐’ธ, ๐ฟ๐‘’๐’ฎ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“Ž ๐“‹๐“ˆ ๐ป๐’ถ๐“‡๐“Š๐“€๐’ถ ๐’ช๐“ˆ๐’ถ๐“€๐’ถ๐’ท๐‘’

Arnoldstone18

#1 Nero Enthusiast
Username Only
Welcome to the 6-B Tournament: World Of Magic. Please see here for more information on this tournament.

In the hallowed arena, where legends collide,

The semi-finals unveil warriors with pride.
Haruka Osakabe, descendant of the Wise,
And the enigmatic LeShay, their powers rise.

Haruka, gifted with talent and might,
Bound by control, she yearned for freedom's light.
Under Tomoki's spell, she waged a war,
To overthrow her nation, a gift to restore.

But wings of the Saint broke her chains of deceit,
A chance to break free from illusion's deceit.
Yet still, she pretends, concealing her shame,
Continuing the fight, to bear the burden's flame.

LeShay, immortal, their essence unknown,
Cloaked in mystery, their power fully grown.
From ancient empires, they hold their claim,
Fey creatures, concealing their true name.

Ordalf, ruler of Moonshae, mighty and grand,
LeShay's presence shaping the island's land.
The Garrote, their rule, an assassination's domain,
Gods and mortals alike, no one can remain.

In the semi-finals, fate intertwines,
Haruka's strength against LeShay's ancient signs.
A clash of power, a battle untold,
In the arena's embrace, their stories unfold.

As cheers erupt, filling the air,
Witness the clash of beings rare.
Haruka and LeShay, destined to fight,
For glory, honor, and eternal light.

In the hallowed arena, where power converges,
Semi-finals ignite, champions emerge.
Haruka and LeShay, let destiny sway,
May the victor prevail, on this fateful day.

9aa407ac7164fbd943d152d31f97adbb.jpg

LeShay and Haruka Osakabe

LeShay and Haruka scales above 7 Teratons.

• Speed Equalized
  • Starting distance 10km apart and away from each other's line of sight
  • Standard Equipment Permitted; Optional Equipment will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
  • Fighters only have knowledge of their opponent's appearance and at least a vague sense of awareness of any dangerous (mid to high mid hax) abilities they possess.
  • There will be civilians and vehicles in the area depending on the location of the battlefield. In other words business is as usual in those locations and battles spontaneously happens and disrupts it, however, the location's defenses will not go against the fighters so that their fight isn't impeded.
  • Fighters are in character
  • Stat Amps and Debuffs can not limit opponents above or below their tier, respectively.
  • Victory will be decided via Death or Incap or any other ways your opponents are unable to continue battle.
  • The match will last up to 7 days to conclude. Otherwise, the participants with the most votes advance. In the event of no votes, the most active participants advance. In the event both participants were actively debating, then matches will be decided based on a coin flip.

LeShay strategy is going to be pretty close to previous matches, one feels. Teleportation to close gaps, thought-based magic reflection and, for effects that can't be reflected (such as summons), thought-based magic dispelling.

btw I would like to say that I do appreciate the effort put into the poetry for these, can get a bit forced but given the material you're working with I think you're doing a good job

Pretty useless considering Haruka doesn't use projectile magic at all besides the darkness stuff.
I should note that the reflection is not based on "projectile magic"- it is based on magic that affects the LeShay. It can specifically reflect things like mindhax, instead treating it as though the LeShay had cast the spell.

I should note that the reflection is not based on "projectile magic"- it is based on magic that affects the LeShay. It can specifically reflect things like mindhax, instead treating it as though the LeShay had cast the spell.
what about something like fear aura.
their regeneration gonna be a problem

Yeah I included that under projectile magic.
Sheโ€™s literally just martial arts, absorption, reactive evolution (which isnโ€™t magic), and summons.

Yeah I included that under projectile magic.
Sheโ€™s literally just martial arts, absorption, reactive evolution (which isnโ€™t magic), and summons.
Summons are the only noteworthy thing that will be dispersed, then.

what about something like fear aura.
4-D resistance, if it's non-magical. If it's magical it can be reflected but since auras tend to be passive it'd probably be considered faster.

If reflection wouldn't win the day, LeShay defaults to actual offense: passive charm gaze if they make eye contact, otherwise soul-swords for martial combat. Hax is 4-D. Invisibility and displacement can help out but depending on how a couple of Haruka's abilities work they may not be enough.

Summons are the only noteworthy thing that will be dispersed, then.

4-D resistance, if it's non-magical. If it's magical it can be reflected but since auras tend to be passive it'd probably be considered faster.

If reflection wouldn't win the day, LeShay defaults to actual offense: passive charm gaze if they make eye contact, otherwise soul-swords for martial combat. Hax is 4-D. Invisibility and displacement can help out but depending on how a couple of Haruka's abilities work they may not be enough.
How was this character allowed? Yet Aladdin and makoto werenโ€™t. I am baffled.

I do not know and do not care, I am here because someone suggested I come here

That said, the anti-magic stuff being allowed was counter to the original rules: it was scrutinized and permitted but if y'all wanted to disqualify, I wouldn't be upset.

the aura is just a by product of having mana and it cause fear and other stuff depending on the character, but doesn't work on someone with more mana than the user.

her summon are something like spirit but could resisted by having more mana.

her absorption is just dark element magic.

charm could work, in the verse someone used a charm on her even indirectly and it still worked, because her RE is an auto skill that activate when she recieve damage it heal her, remove status effect like the charm and increase her stats.

how good is Lsehay in CQC, she has a nagata and she use it to fight in close range, and she is a skilled fighter.

How was this character allowed? Yet Aladdin and makoto werenโ€™t. I am baffled.
^This.
Literally smurf resistances.

1) Anyway, Haruka's skill scales above people who can trick people (Who are at least comparable to them in speed) into perceiving them as much faster than they actually are (Literally by skillfully attacking and moving) to the point where they completely lose track of their movements and can only defend.

2) Her skill scales above Io who can fight 5v1 against people comparable to him in speed and still dodge invisible attacks by observing the movements of one of his 5 opponent's eyes.

then there's stuff ike dodging homing danmaku among other stuff that I can't think of rn.

^This.

1) Anyway, Haruka's skill scales above people who can trick people (Who are at least comparable to them in speed) into perceiving them as much faster than they actually are (Literally by skillfully attacking and moving) to the point where they completely lose track of their movements and can only defend.

2) Her skill scales above Io who can fight 5v1 against people comparable to him in speed and still dodge invisible attacks by observing the movements of one of his 5 opponent's eyes.

then there's stuff ike dodging homing danmaku among other stuff that I can't think of rn.
The resistances I think were fine, given that the OP was "Please have lots of good resistances". I don't mind being booted, it wasn't my idea to submit a character, but if I am I figure it'd probably be for the magic reflection and stuff.

I loathe skill debates but you are looking at one of the singular most skilled non-gods in D&D. A +53 bonus to attack rolls compared to, say, a minor military officer getting +3 and +9 for commanders of armies. LeShay are encroaching on the +71 attack bonus of the Hecatoncheires, who can fight pantheons of gods in martial combat at once, each god can act literally perfectly because they say so and have perfect knowledge of everything that's going to happen, etc etc.

^This.

1) who ?
2) no, the students weren't even close to her and she wasn't serious.

I loathe skill debates but you are looking at one of the singular most skilled non-gods in D&D. A +53 bonus to attack rolls compared to, say, a minor military officer getting +3 and +9 for commanders of armies. LeShay are encroaching on the +71 attack bonus of the Hecatoncheires, who can fight pantheons of gods in martial combat at once, each god can act literally perfectly because they say so and have perfect knowledge of everything that's going to happen, etc etc.
so they are good fighters?

I know, It just look like her only chance is CQC
do you have some example or feats
I'm gonna say that the things I've already described are probably higher than "Won a 5v1", given that the gods Hecatoncheires fought include gods who represent the concept of martial skill. I'm not really interested in going to get random martial feats.

I'm gonna say that the things I've already described are probably higher than "Won a 5v1", given that the gods Hecatoncheires fought include gods who represent the concept of martial skill. I'm not really interested in going to get random martial feats.
Is there nothing she can do ?
(do they have any weakness?)

Is there nothing she can do ?
(do they have any weakness?)
Because, again, skill debates are bullshit: yeah, she could almost definitely land hits. But from the perspective of skill arguments it is very unlikely.

I said at least comparable. And Makoto.

In their match Makoto literally gave up on trying to follow her movements, and it's explained that it was just skill that made her seemingly way faster than even people like Sofia.
Makoto is not fast and doesn't have any skill feat and she is a speed specialized fighter.
Agree.

If they don't break the rules then I would be against it. I don't have any particular love for VS matches but I entered and will continue to contribute.

I still donโ€™t see why she should be removed tbh. All she has is 4-D resistances not broken attacks. Stacking up on resistances are allowed.
Stacking up is one thing but why allow stacking up with 4-D resistance? Then it being a DND character means they probably donโ€™t have just a few 4-D resistances but literally resistance to every power possible.

You allow that resistance but donโ€™t allow 4-D abilities to possibly counteract that resistance? Itโ€™s ridiculous.

thereโ€™s a good reason why we donโ€™t allow people with Smurf resistance in the non-Smurf thread.

4-D resistances is fine as long as they donโ€™t make the character invulnerable to any and all attack. Which judging by the DND bit, it seems to be itโ€™ll make her invulnerable.

Well I think it also has to do with the magic reflection, passive charm gaze, soul-swords (is it swords made out of soul?), and I think the hax is 4-D all around from reading up.