• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

6-B Dovahkiin?

In the Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim, the Dovahkiin fights Karstaag, who appeared in the Bloodmoon DLC for Morrowind. The protagonist of Morrowind (the Nerevarine) is listed as 6-B for being able to kill Almalexia, who scales to Vivec, who flooded Morrowind and carved out the West Gash. Would it be justifiable to scale Karstaag to the Nerevarine, and therefore indirectly scale the Dovahkiin to the Nerevarine?

I think that would be too farfetched. In addition, I remember beating Karstaag within seconds. Granted, my character was as powerful as the game allowed at the time, but nevertheless.

Well irc Karstaag was alive in Morrowind while in Skyrim we fight his ghost.Also Vivec's stats are built on a bit of speculation, i calced one his feats here and it turned out to be Large Island level (though the calc may not be valid since the size i used for Morrowind was removed from the TES wiki).

Anyway, i too believe this is a bit farfetched.

Okay. Thanks. Should we close this thread then?

@Gwynbleibdd Ghosts in TES are known as those who have some unfinished business on Mundus, as such they're just dead but corporeal and still likely are as strong as they were.

Well, since Endless Mike accepted the latter calculation, I suppose that it might be used. However, I do not know if it scales to the Dragonborn's striking strength and durability, and we tend to scale storms by energy per second.

Antvasima said:
Well, since Endless Mike accepted the latter calculation, I suppose that it might be used. However, I do not know if it scales to the Dragonborn's striking strength and durability, and we tend to scale storms by energy per second.
We'll have to see what other staff say. I would think that since the Dovahkiin is capable of generating that kind of kinetic energy, it may apply to his Durability as well. We can only tell with time and much discussion.

He should just be Low 6-B by default, he was as powerful as half Clavicus, who with full power could just "Snap my fingers, and everyone in Skyrim would die. War resolved!"

This would be his Mundus self because this did not take place in a Daedric Realm

Riiingo said:
He should just be Low 6-B by default, he was as powerful as half Clavicus, who with full power could just "Snap my fingers, and everyone in Skyrim would die. War resolved!"
That itself would require 7 teratons, which divide by 2 is 3.5 teratons.
Do you have a calculation to back up the 7 Teratons claim?

Snapping your fingers and killing everyone in Skyrim (which is a VERY large country in Tamriel) should be enough to quantify 6-B at least. as such where I got the 7 teratons

Riiingo said:
Snapping your fingers and killing everyone in Skyrim (which is a VERY large country in Tamriel) should be enough to quantify 6-B at least. as such where I got the 7 teratons
There really is no mathematical way to prove it's 7 teratons of force. It's only a guess. However, you can refer to the first calc I linked which ranks the Dovahkiin and by default Clavicus as being able to generate more power than that, and it actually has a mathematical basis. Even at that, 6-B is still a terrible low ball with the new 6-A calc floating around. I've already talked with Antvasima on the Elder Scrolls Revision thread, and the possibility of 6-A Dovahkiin isn't out of the question.

@Riiingo Unless he blew up Tamriel along with killing everyone, that's just a lifewiping attack that doesnt translate into AP

WeeklyBattles said:
@Riiingo Unless he blew up Tamriel along with killing everyone, that's just a lifewiping attack that doesnt translate into AP
That's exactly what I was thinking. It's like this, to wipe out all life on earth, you just need to raze the surface of the planet, which would be multicontinent level. There's a massive difference between the two.

6-B Miraak has already been discussed and not accepted because it was done over several days.

I've done a calc somewhere that put the KE of the feat at Small City level.

Creating a storm doesn't translate into AP, also Continent level for a storm, that seems suspicious to say the least.

The only thing that may put Dovahkiin at 6-B or 6-A is Auri-El's bow, something i'm prepering a calc for.

Hmmm...you are right, i mistook it for another calc for the same feat that used the total work instead of he kinetic energy.

That being said the scaling still needs to be checked and we need a more sure meassurment for Tamriel's size in general.

WeeklyBattles said:
WeeklyBattles is correct.

Steve Rogers1 said:
I think we should take a look at some of the NarutoForums Calcs. This one clocks the Dovahkiin in at 6-B: http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/dragonborn-miraak-vs-vahlok-again.36581/

OBD Accepted Calc for the Dovahkiin to be pushed to 6-A: http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/skyrim-legendary-storm-call.36383/
I did version of the latter calc using this for the Throat of the World's height, and got a result of 14.4133 petatons (however, I hardly, if ever, makes calcs, so it could very well be entirely inaccurate)

The storm call shout doesn't just apply to Dovahkiin but also most dragons, including Alduin (though he also has a variation). Also there's a clear sky shout which quickly disperses that very storm call shout; so another 6A feat.

Besides all you have to do in order to know Dovahkiin is ridiculously powerful is that he quite literally could've shaken the world with his voice if he desired to do so. At the beginning of the game, the Greybeards shouted "Dovahkiin" & we were told that as "they spoke his name, the world shook". Question is, how big was this "world" that shook?

Another impressive feat came from Miraak moving an island from another realm.

TES is filled with many silly & ridiculous feats.

Edit: There's also the whole deal with Dovahkiin being about 1/2 as strong as Clavicus, & I'm not sure the Dova was a CHIM yet or if that was him reinforced by his CHIM self (meaning we were playing his Avatar throughout the game or something); this ultimately reinforces that there's more to TES power system than just making something go sparky sparky boom... Isn't this one of the reasons why Alduin consistently defeating Dagon confuses people?

Please stop spamming the page with long quotes. It makes everything harder to read.

@Steve Rogers1

My mad, read that wrong. During his battle with the priest he divided the island from the mainland; & after accumulating knowledge & power in apocrypha from the Daedra, he influenced the minds of the people from another realm.

@Antvasima

My bad

@Authorofall

Yeah, The Dovahkiin was also able to resist it and was able to resist the maddening effects of Apocrypha as well as being able to converse with the Daedric Prince of Knowlege itself. Him and Miraak definitely have some form of resistance to Mind Manipulation.

Just a small thing: Clavicus Vile claiming that he can kill everyone in Skyrim with a snap of his fingers is generally considered to be boasting, as far as I'm aware no Prince has ever achieved a feat on this scale on Nirn. The LDB suposedly being half as powerful as him just makes this claim even more dubious.

Personally, I don't feel TES has enough internal consistency to scale across two games separated by so many years, not when it comes to something as tenuous as Karstaag. The ratings it has right now are dodgy enough as it is.

Back