• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(3-1-0) Gyarados vs. Willian Vengence (Pokemon vs Black Clover)

That's what I find funny. This is only not a stomp because William can just leave the fight in favor of someone else. William himself gets stomped by Gyarados

Keep in mind that William still starts out as William so Gyarados is gonna kick his ass before he swaps with Patry. Also, Damage Boost is not on Patry's profile, so it's completely unusable

I’m aware. Williams still has the endurance to take beatings and realize his all his move sets are useless before Patry takes over. The switch is instantaneous as you know.

Also, I corrected myself concerning damaged boost already (and as I’ve said, all mages should have it since it’s simply the process of adding more power into attack spells. Even someone like Magna can do it.)

Lol forgot to send this yesterday

just like beatin' him to death ig.

Gyarados has things to lower defense, raise it's own attack, lower the dude's attack (I think it has intimidate), and increase it's own speed. If it gets a chance to setup it probably just steamrolls William here.

Resistance to status effects like Williams curse or Zora’s paralysis magic. Which should work agains the Pokémon’s status effects.
😑that's just resistance to curses and paralysis he won't magically gain immunity to another 15 "status effects" because he has resistance to 2.

😑that's just resistance to curses and paralysis he won't magically gain immunity to another 15 "status effects" because he has resistance to 2.

Patry gains resistance to all curses that affect humans which includes the relevant status effects mentioned here. There are curses that reduce stats, and so on.

And Patry can still do all of the things I mentioned before the part you tagged. So how does the Pokémon counter those?

Patry gains resistance to all curses that affect humans which includes the relevant status effects mentioned here. There are curses that reduce stats, and so on.

And Patry can still do all of the things I mentioned before the part you tagged. So how does the Pokémon counter those?
the only pokemon curse is "Curse" and it targets the user and not the enemy.

"all of the things you mentioned before" can be done by Gyarados and so I don't even know why you mentioned it as something decisive for William's victory not to mention that Gyarados has Taunt that prevents any status change that William could make on himself, can poison him with a poison that cuts his special attack in half and has Torment that prevents him from using danmaku("Prevents the target from selecting the same move for use two turns in a row. This effect ends when the target is no longer active")

Doesn't matter because these status effects aren't caused by curses in the case of Gyarados, so this resistance is irrelevant

First i was like wth is gyarados but then i click and its a damn fish. How is william beating a fish???

"all of the things you mentioned before" can be done by Gyarados

What the hell are you talking about?

Gyarados doesn’t have Danmaku, RPL, Shining light that blinds opponents. He doesn’t have Patry’s moves on his page. What do you mean Gyarados can do them.

Gyarados has Taunt that prevents any status change that William could make on himself, can poison him with a poison that cuts his special attack in half and has Torment that prevents him from using danmaku("Prevents the target from selecting the same move for use two turns in a row. This effect ends when the target is no longer active")

Taunt isn’t on his page. Poison isn’t on his page. Torment isn't on his page,

They were never mentioned in the thread until now so where are all these things coming from?

Patry can blind Gyarados and attack them with several light magic spells that are 4.54x faster than him. How is Gyarados handling that?

First i was like wth is gyarados but then i click and its a damn fish. How is william beating a fish???

Lmao.

You know William has "Multiple Selves" right? My argument is that this version of William will be saved by Patry. William takes a couple of beatings while seeing that his magic is useless against it and just switches to party. Of course, Patry wouldn't allow Williams to die cuz he also dies. So this match is basically Patry vs Fish now.

So now I am like, Patry can blind the fish and skewer it with several light magic swords or so before it spams its status effects. Even if Gyarados gets off his status effects, Patry has a way around most, if not all of it. Plus Patry can heal damages that come his way.

What the hell are you talking about?

Gyarados doesn’t have Danmaku, RPL, Shining light that blinds opponents. He doesn’t have Patry’s moves on his page. What do you mean Gyarados can do them.
Mimic.

Could someone who knows about the status of Pokemon on the wiki please explain to me why Gyarados has so little moves in its profile? Is it outdated or is there some other reason?

Mimic.

Could someone who knows about the status of Pokemon on the wiki please explain to me why Gyarados has so little moves in its profile? Is it outdated or is there some other reason?
Outdated, like a number of Pokemon profiles

Our Pokémon profiles are composite wild Pokémon, and these can't learn TM/HM moves without the help of a trainer
Thus we only use moves they can naturally learn I.E. Level Up and Egg movea
This doesn't make any sense following this logic Megas should be their own profile and not a species key and it doesn't change that any of the wild pokémon can learn TM/HM moves following the wiki standards even though the profiles are composite species the moves would still count as a "Possibly" for what the TM/HM moves give to the species.

This doesn't make any sense following this logic Megas should be their own profile and not a species key and it doesn't change that any of the wild pokémon can learn TM/HM moves following the wiki standards even though the profiles are composite species the moves would still count as a "Possibly" for what the TM/HM moves give to the species.
Sorry but not the place to do this
If you want TM/HM to be counted, then a CRT is the thing you should be doing

Back