• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 6-B Bone Crusher Tournament: Group A - Asta Black Divider (Black Clover) vs Zapdos (Pokemon) with Black Divider

Just waiting on Fluffy's response to this if that's the case then Asta get's 2 points in the tourney unless we need people to gather here voting process all over again.

I meant like is the blade thick enough that if someone was North of it & someone was East of it, would it be wider than either person is tall, no matter from what angle they looked at it?

My point was Paralysis typically is not inflicted on entirely Inanimate, lifeless things; Anti-Magic or not, Zapdos wouldn't be Paralyzing the sword.
But if it does conduct Electricity, including Zapdos's, should I take it to mean that Black Divider would nullify the Paralysis-Inducing properties of Zapdos's Electricity, thus preventing Asta from becoming Paralyzed by Electricity he blocks with his sword being conducted into his body?

There might also be the question of heat tolerance, but I assume it's very high in that department, too.

Glad you're so entertained, lol.

That said, I'm probably gonna assume Asta wins this.

Zapdos probably won't lead with Agility, at least in part because it may not know it needs to. & even then, each Agility is only a 100% boost (Meaning after maxing out, Zapdos would only be 4 times faster than its usual self.). Plus, Analytical Prediction mean even if Zapdos does find an opportunity AND reason to Agility, the first 1 or 2 Agilities may not necessarily give enough of an edge.
Detect won't help that much because although it's Precognition, if Asta can turn on a dime mid-flight, then spending a "turn" on Detect to dodge 1 attack may not help unless Asta ends up so far away from momentum as to give Zapdos opportunity to act. (Is there reason to believe that would happen?)

There is the possibility that Asta's sword conducts Electricity, but I'd assume Asta has the Stamina to power through at least 1 attack that's only... what... four times as strong as he is? & then one-shot anyway. Especially if the electricity can't inflict Paralysis because of Anti-Magic. (Despite the dubiousness of it being Magic, IMHO.)

IDK if Air Slash or Ancient Power would help, since besides not being IC, they could just be blocked. Anti-Magic & all.
Drill Peck might not be magic, but if Asta blocks everything with his sword & his sword is too durable for Zapdos to damage at all, Drill Peck is kinda pointless.

Pressure & Roost probably don't matter due to Asta one-shotting Zapdos, unless the extra Stamina cost to attacking Zapdos prevents Asta powering through possible electrocution damage to one-shot Zapdos.
Ah no it's not thick just really wide an tall, it is a blade after all.
The sword is metallic so it should technically conduct electricity, the problem is that the anti magic black part does not conduct it, and that is like 99% of the sword, sometimes even coating it entirely if asta wants. So the sword won't conduct electricity if zapdos hits it.
In terms of heat, asta's sword is practically indestructible, I don't think we ever see it in any danger. It's heat resistance would scale to mt. Yultim which can vaporize humans.
Asta's stamina might as well be limitless, man breaks his limits 16 times in the same fight while already being severly injured. Like the man fought for a long time and got badly injured then got both his arms completely crushed and cursed, yet he had the stamina and will power to ignore the pain and not pass out, then still use both swords to keep fighting while getting faster and stronger.
But yeah I think asta wins.

BTW, For me is inconclusive

One touch and Asta is death, but the reasoning about his winning is solid, but I always doubt the "I can do a no damage run" type of matches

BTW, For me is inconclusive

One touch and Asta is death, but the reasoning about his winning is solid, but I always doubt the "I can do a no damage run" type of matches
Asta can't get one shot, the gap is 5.9x not 7.5x. Asta also has insane endurance and stamina and can withstand it. And it's totally plausible for asta to one shot without being hit once because of analytical prediction, skill and the black dividers size.

Asta can't get one shot, the gap is 5.9x not 7.5x. Asta also has insane endurance and stamina and can withstand it. And it's totally plausible for asta to one shot without being hit once because of analytical prediction, skill and the black dividers size.
But Zapdos is a spammer camper, one attack= 10 thunders, discharges etc

He always does that in mystery dungeon 1 u.u

By the way, their is Magic in the Pokéverse, used by human magicians; including an anime episode where Ash got turned into aPikachu but did not turn back by the end of the episode but by next episode he was back to normal without any mention of how. This magic is not at all related to Pokémon Moves and Abilities.

Was the reasoning for Asta winning anti-magic?
If so, then I have major problems with it.
If not, then it's fine.

Sorry, I don't feel like reading the entire thread if I don't have to.

Was the reasoning for Asta winning anti-magic?
If so, then I have major problems with it.
If not, then it's fine.

Sorry, I don't feel like reading the entire thread if I don't have to.
Nah, I acknowledge that Asta cannot null anything, he wins for entirely different reasons. Mainly AP, the size of his sword (pause), and his flight + precognition.

Nah, I acknowledge that Asta cannot null anything, he wins for entirely different reasons. Mainly AP, the size of his sword (pause), and his flight + precognition.
Couldn't Zapdos paralyze through his weapon with Static?
There's several Pokémon who use weapons (like a leek or bone club) and are still subject to it.

Couldn't Zapdos paralyze through his weapon with Static?
There's several Pokémon who use weapons (like a leek or bone club) and are still subject to it.
Zapdos may be able to paralyze through the metal weapon but he cannot paralyze or conduct electricity through the anti magic energy that both comprises 99% percent of the sword as well as coats it if asta wishes, the sword is massive enough to block any of Zapdos' attacks.

Zapdos may be able to paralyze through the metal weapon but he cannot paralyze or conduct electricity through the anti magic energy that both comprises 99% percent of the sword as well as coats it if asta wishes, the sword is massive enough to block any of Zapdos' attacks.
Well, if you admit that Zapdos's attacks aren't magical then how does the anti-magic energy stop anything?

It's not an attack. It's a passive activated when Zapdos is hit by a physical attack.
Well, it's also an attack, but I'm talking about Static.
Oh, oh static, oh yeah that is completely worthless because asta's black divider one shots zapdos, I provided the scaling chain for asta above.

What? It says AP between 1 to 7 teratons, but nothing about scaling above your value not being allowed. Both characters are still small country level.
That seems like a loophole, but sure.
Isn't this a stomp then? Zapdos can't do anything if he gets one-shot.

That seems like a loophole, but sure.
Isn't this a stomp then? Zapdos can't do anything if he gets one-shot.
He can basically 2 shot asta from a distance. Asta just has many answers such as dodging with precognition and skill and mainly just blocking the attacks with his huge sword.

He can basically 2 shot asta from a distance. Asta just has many answers such as dodging with precognition and skill and mainly just blocking the attacks with his huge sword.
Be honest with me. Do you see any scenario where Zapdos wins this fight?

Be honest with me. Do you see any scenario where Zapdos wins this fight?
Maybe if asta gets distracted for 0.1 second after thinking about sister lily mid fight and then gets tagged by chain thunder. But seriously maybe if zapdos starts with speed amp I think he does agility, then uses detect, he could dodge asta and find an opening to use an attack that could paralyze asta and he'd have a huge speed advantage and another agility after that. But it is really unlikely tbh, this would really only consistently happen if zapdos has knowledge and gets lucky and even then he is likely to be outskilled.

Maybe if asta gets distracted for 0.1 second after thinking about sister lily mid fight and then gets tagged by chain thunder. But seriously maybe if zapdos starts with speed amp I think he does agility, then uses detect, he could dodge asta and find an opening to use an attack that could paralyze asta and he'd have a huge speed advantage and another agility after that. But it is really unlikely tbh, this would really only consistently happen if zapdos has knowledge and gets lucky and even then he is likely to be outskilled.
Okay. I'm just asking because something can be a stomp even if they can technically kill the other, provided that it would never happen for other reasons.
But if you think Zapdos has a chance, at least, then I can vote for Asta and put us in grace.

So, I'll do that now. Asta FRA.

Back