• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2v2 8-B Tournament Round 1, Match 1: Mom's Heart and Gene vs King Knight and Kamen Rider Ixa

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Hopefully we can kick this tournament off with a bang!

Mom's Heart and Gene (@Armorchompy and @EliminatorVenom) vs King Knight and Kamen Rider Ixa (@Shmooply and @Nicetoderp).

Mom's Heart (Mausoleum), God Hand Gene, and Burst Mode Ixa will be used.

Speed will be equalized.

Fight takes place in Sports Festival Stadium (because I lack creativity)
latest

Mom's Heart and Gene:

Knight and Ixa: 7 (Nicetoderp, Lou_change, Veloxt1r0kore, Armorchompy, Shmooply, MagiSinBad, jamesthetaker)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
"<Eldritch heart noises>" & "Don't act like you don't like the ballbuster!"
VS
"Let's get royal!" & "STOP POSTING ABOUT KAMEN RIDER IXA. I'M TIRED OF SEEING IT. MY FRIENDS ON VSBW FORUM SEND ME MATCHES, ON DISCORD IT'S ******* MATCHES. I was in a server, right? And ALL OF THE CHANNELS were just Ixa stuff. I showed my shirt to my girlfriend and I said "Hey babe, give me your button" HAHAHA BAM BAM BEATIN HEART. BAM BAM BURNING HEART. I ******* looked at a fruit bat and said "PLEASE RETURN THAT LIFE TO GOD". I looked at my fist and said "FIST-TO-HO-ON""

Following.

AP:
  • Gene: 18.8311 Tons, higher with his strongest moves and by releasing the God Hand
  • Mom's Heart: A whole lot above 18.0097 Tons, but note that its projectiles are individually not too strong
  • Ixa: 47 Tons
  • King Knight: 23.5 Tons
Ok so, as we know, Gene VS Ixa ends up in a tie, more or less, with Ixa having more reliable finishers and Gene being at an advantage in a fight.

Now, what do their allies bring to the table?

Well, King Knight is probably not quite dangerous enough to beat Gene in a 1v1, but he has a very good advantage in mobility- It's good in any fight but as we will soon learn, mobility matters a lot in this fight. It also means that no matter where Gene is, King Knight can reach him rapidly- he'll never be able to safely challenge Ixa in a 1v1.

Now, Mom's Heart is a very useful ally and definitely not a crapshoot of any sort who is just as dangerous to Gene as it is to the enemy team. But really, its Danmaku basically forces everyone to focus on it, it's not Touhou level of I-get-a-headache-if-I-look-at-it but it's pretty damn complex. Now, while it is immobile, it can pull itself up or down to avoid attacks, and it inherently nullifies its two opponents' main techniques: King Knight cannot spin on top of it for easy damage since it's bound to the ceiling by a bunch of thick veins, and Ixa cannot blind it since... no eyes.

Now, how do the three fighters deal with Danmaku? Well, King Knight excels, not only does he have a lot of mobility options, but his Turn Coat might gain a lot of advantage from the bullet spam. However, he isn't the brightest so he could possibly mess up against some of the harder patterns, after all he's never fought anything like this. Gene doesn't have much in the way of mobility, but he does have great pattern recognition and very quick feet so if he should be able to move between safe zones well enough, and Chain Yanker could allow him to pull someone off-balance at a crucial moment. Ixa as I understand is not particularly mobile? I might be misunderstanding here but agility doesn't seem like his strong suit.

I think Ixa also has decent mobility? I'm not that knowledgeable on Kamen Rider, but from what I know pretty much every single one of them is pretty good at doing backflips and other neat acrobatic stuff. also touhou danmaku isnt complex just git gud and stop having tunnel vision ez

Out of who can GTFO Mom's Heart while also managing to keep up with her danmaku spam, I think King Knight takes the cake. He has the Horns of Heralding, the Decree of Destruction (one time use, so it won't be that effective, but it's still something), and of course his Turn Coat which will be a massive issue for Mom's Heart and potentially Gene if he somehow manages to time the projectiles right since it can go through opponents.

Meanwhile... Ixa vs Gene is giving me a case of Deja Vu, so I'm not going to argue that.

I think Ixa also has decent mobility? I'm not that knowledgeable on Kamen Rider, but from what I know pretty much every single one of them is pretty good at doing backflips and other neat acrobatic stuff.
bro how do they move in those suits
also touhou danmaku isnt complex just git gud and stop having tunnel vision ez
Touhou fans when they're on a walk and it starts raining: "Yooo this pattern goes hard, wish I had blanks (umbrella) tho"
Out of who can GTFO Mom's Heart while also managing to keep up with her danmaku spam, I think King Knight takes the cake. He has the Horns of Heralding, the Decree of Destruction (one time use, so it won't be that effective, but it's still something), and of course his Turn Coat which will be a massive issue for Mom's Heart and potentially Gene if he somehow manages to time the projectiles right since it can go through opponents.
I think Gene should be able to see a charged attack coming, in fact he might be able to interrupt Turn Coat after seeing how it works, probably by attempting to trip KK

bro how do they move in those suits
Spandex and the mystical eastern art of "its bullshit but we put hours into this so put it in"
"Yooo this pattern goes hard, wish I had blanks (umbrella) tho"
I simply use the nearby little girl in a dress as an umbrella and as my gohei, thank you very much.
I think Gene should be able to see a charged attack coming, in fact he might be able to interrupt Turn Coat after seeing how it works, probably by attempting to trip KK
KK can still jump and roll while using it, but considering how gullible he is and that he'll likely underestimate Gene's intelligence, it could work.

I think Ixa also has decent mobility? I'm not that knowledgeable on Kamen Rider, but from what I know pretty much every single one of them is pretty good at doing backflips and other neat acrobatic stuff. also touhou danmaku isnt complex just git gud and stop having tunnel vision ez
My guy doing all the flips. Here's some of them that I remember:

1. He used a guy's shoulder to leap up, did a 360 flip and landed perfectly on his bike.

2. He stood on his motorcycle while it was still driving, jumped up, did a 360 flip, and did a diving kick

3. He used the recoil of his gun to knock him back, did a front flip, wall jumped into a diving kick.

Not only that, Ixa is able to kept up with most Fangire who can basically dip from trees or buildings with ease combined with maximum jump height of 18 meters he can get out of dodge pretty nicely. He can also just deal with her Danmaku via his Ixa Gun, vibe check through his Ixa Knuckles or knock them away with Garulu Saber Howling Shock. And since it's immobile it is likely that he will just rush to it and return it to god via his finisher. People who are stronger than her with danmaku can't really make him flinch with barrage of bullets, it might even happened here too.

Also, how big is Mom Heart? It looks like a Kaiju. If that's the case then Ixa might just summoned Powered Ixa to deal with it. It's a lot tougher than Ixa himself, have deconstruction and is pretty nimble despite its size.

Like, 3-4 meters in size, maybe a little more, but summoning a big robot is the absolute worst idea since the danmaku will shred it pretty fast since it's literally too big to stand in any safe zone

It isn't much about dodging. The Powered Ixa have much higher dura compare to Ixa himself so it can most likely tank it enough for Ixa to close the distance.

Whatever the case, I don't think Danmaku would be too much of a problem considered that Ixa himself can also range spam as well, and with its large size making it an easy target for gun like Ixa.

I mean, it can soak up a lot of damage and Gene is still there to play defense, as dangerous as Mom's Heart is it's still an ally and he's gonna be protecting it, so it's not like Ixa can just sit there and do his thing.

I mean, it can soak up a lot of damage and Gene is still there to play defense, as dangerous as Mom's Heart is it's still an ally and he's gonna be protecting it, so it's not like Ixa can just sit there and do his thing.
Powered Ixa (the big vehicle) is designed for Ixa to take out the opponent that is too strong (and too big) for him, so it should have durability advantage to endure the danmaku. Plus, it can do range attacks as well to close range and crush the Mother's Heart at molecule level.
Not to mention, King Knight is still there to fight Gene and cover for Ixa to do his thing.

To be fair, the mister he used against the Powered Ixer was 60 meters tall. I don’t think Ixa would use it against him

Have you seen the Heart's scaling chain? I don't think forcing yourself to tank dozens of its bullets per second is a smart idea, and keep in mind that the more you wound it the faster and more dangerous it gets.

I think King Knight would probably focus on the Heart ngl. Honestly, is Ixa allowed his summons to begin with? Cause I feel like matterhax wasn't considered when allowing him in the tournament.

He only uses against kaiju characters so he wouldn’t even use it in character in this or our previous tournament

Have you seen the Heart's scaling chain? I don't think forcing yourself to tank dozens of its bullets per second is a smart idea, and keep in mind that the more you wound it the faster and more dangerous it gets.

I think King Knight would probably focus on the Heart ngl. Honestly, is Ixa allowed his summons to begin with? Cause I feel like matterhax wasn't considered when allowing him in the tournament.
If the scailing chain of Heart is that long then i can see the danmaku would work against Powered Ixa.
Althought if matter hax is disallowed then we can restrict Powered Ixa.

And BERRIES do have a point, i watched a fight scene of Mother Heart, it doesnt seem that big for Ixa to uses Powered Ixa.

So, who would these guy target at the start of the fight. Cause in character, I think Ixa would go for Mother since he’s often fought against demonic creatures before and would likely see Mother as one. Ixa soul and absorption Hax would be pretty good to handle someone as large and immobile as Mother

Keep in mind that King Knight is pretty reckless and by the time he becomes the "king" of Pridemoor Keep he pretty much doesn't care about others around him unless they're useful for whatever shenanigans he's up to, and since friendly fire is a thing, he would probably be a liability for Ixa if he uses the mecha.

I feel like this is what the fight will boil down to. Gene likes a good fight against a skilled fighter, so he will focus on Ixa more than KK, while King Knight shows off his ballerina tricks to Mom's Heart.

I think a 1v1 between KK and the Heart lasts a whole lot since the Heart soaks up a lot of damage but KK can dodge its attacks well enough, while Gene vs Ixa ends faster one way or the other, and I think that Gene is at an advantage here since with the danmaku flying everywhere the more evasive and generally skilled character finds himself dealing with it better.

I don’t even think Ixa would even see Gene as a threat up until they go 1 on 1 since to him, Gene would be another human.

Even then, Ixa but if it comes to it, Ixa still have a few things to dodge the danmaku with his acrobatics and even riding the Ixalion. Not only that, Sol Flasher would pretty much take Gene out of the fight entirely with the fact it blinds the opponent. Sol Flasher will come sooner or later but it could come in pretty quickly depending how much he sees Heart as a threat and how much of an annoyance Gene is. And considering how from what I remembered from our match, he likes to play around with his opponent so his personality much bite him in the end for that.

Last edited:
I think we should determine if Ixa does have his optional equipment.

And yeah we did go through that discussion already, Gene's faster and more skilled, Ixa has the finishers, but it bears repeating that Mom's Heart has pretty damn good danmaku- I don't think even Gene could even avoid it indefinitely. Keep in mind that the player character there is a 90 cm tall kid and imagine how difficult avoiding all that would be for an adult. Either way, I think Gene is the one who is more advantaged by the circumstances considering he'd do better at dodging the danmaku.

Nah, the Ixalion is a motorcycle which he summons to fight against enemies sometimes. The Powered Ixer is the optional mech

Either way I think a motorcycle is the absolute worst idea to avoid danmaku, it's not about speed, it's about moving very carefully and deliberately, stuff that a vehicle is not very good at doing.

It's still probably too big to fit in the safe spots honestly

Yes, we already went over that, Gene vs Ixa is an incon, difference is that now they both have to dodge danmaku while fighting which Gene would be better at doing. There's honestly a decent chance the heart could take out Ixa on its own just by sheer density of attacks.

Personally, I don't think Heart could take out Ixa before the Sol Flasher comes out. Not only that, it takes lot of punishment to put down Ixa so Heart's attack, while being an annoyance, shouldn't be too much to handle. He was capable of fighting even after taking hits from the Dogga who's 10x stronger than Ixa.

Ixa doesn't need to just dodge. I argue that he can regularly dispatch of the projectiles coming his way without the need to dodge due to various tool he have whether it was the vibe check from Ixaknuckles, shooting back with his own gun or Howling Shock. Combined that with his Infos Analysis and his own decent mobility would likely mean that Mom' Heart would be a nuisance but nothing much more than that unless Gene distracted Ixa, but if Gene DID distracted him then King Knight is free to snipe away at Mom Heart.

And Gene taking on both Ixa and King Knight sound like a terrible ideas, since a misstep against Ixa can easily really end his life short.

Honestly Mom Heart felt less like a teammate and more like a stage hazard for everyone involved.

I mean, Mom's Heart is dishing out dozens of attacks per second, getting faster the more it gets hurt and when it's close to death it unleashes a Brimstone beam that is waaay stronger than anything else in its arsenal, I think it can wear down just about anyone in due time.

Also yall really gotta revise Ixa's stamina section, all it's got is how much the suit can last

Ixa doesn't need to just dodge. I argue that he can regularly dispatch of the projectiles coming his way without the need to dodge due to various tool he have whether it was the vibe check from Ixaknuckles
eh, definitely not while he's in the middle of combat with someone who can interrupt just about anything he does.
shooting back with his own gun or Howling Shock. Combined that with his Infos Analysis and his own decent mobility would likely mean that Mom' Heart would be a nuisance but nothing much more than that unless Gene distracted Ixa, but if Gene DID distracted him then King Knight is free to snipe away at Mom Heart.
Scans of Ixa's Info Analysis working on complex danmaku? And him being able to keep up with it afterwards? Knowing is half the battle but only half the battle.
And Gene taking on both Ixa and King Knight sound like a terrible ideas, since a misstep against Ixa can easily really end his life short.
Honestly King Knight can actually end up helping Gene considering him tossing enemies against each other is something he does a lot in canon.
Honestly Mom Heart felt less like a teammate and more like a stage hazard for everyone involved.
that was the idea lol, i'm honestly just sad that the Isaac boss who actually shoots homing, hitscan beams at its allies does not have a profile yet

Honestly, I don't really see Gene being that much of a threat to Ixa in the long run, I already said my reasoning to why I believe that Ixa wouldn't even target Gene at the start of the fight and gave reasoning ro how Ixa could deal with Gene very quickly to go back with Heart

I mean, Gene could also just hand Ixa his ass considering he's faster after the amp, more skilled and Ixa now also has to dodge danmaku while dealing with him, the fact that he ignores him at the beginning just makes it worse for him lol

The fact that Ixa’s Sol Flasher takes Gene out of the fight kinda makes Gene’s amp pretty useless. He’s the biggest threat of your team but without a way of fighting blind, he can’t do much

I mean, that is one of Ixa's moves and IIRC he doesn't really use it while he's losing, it's more of a way to end the fight and a comeback thing, and with the advantage of Mom's bullets Gene can take out Ixa much faster.

The way Ixa fights is to try and beat his opponents as quickly and effectively as possible. This is why he uses his finishers so quickly, so even if he doesn’t start with it, he’ll end up using very quickly. Especially with the fact that his main target will be heart

Back