• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2B tries to kill the wrong 9S. (2B VS Satoru Gojo) 1-0-7

Status
Not open for further replies.
He manipulates cursed energy on an atomic level thanks to his six eyes
That means nothing here, given he has no actual durability negating abilities as a result of that. It's just a precision feat, not matter manipulation.

I don't think being an android matters? If she has things that'd result in her having Cursed Energy (i.e., is capable of negative emotions), it should still work on her methinks. If Gojo's domain was stated as being able to work on everything, I would think it also includes robots with Cursed Energy, which already exist in verse in the form of Mechamaru. Granted, I don't think UV would be necessary if Purple is still dura neg.
Cursed energy is a byproduct of negative emotion, having negative emotion doesn't mean you have CE by default.

Show UV working on machines or someone without a brain

Anyway, assuming this isn't a mismatch, voting inconclusive. 2-B pretty much statues Gojo but can't get past Infinity and the latter is too slow and weak to do any damage to 2-B.

The fight basically lasts a couple of minutes as 2-B exhausts all her options and then they just stare at each other I suppose. Then I dunno, they exchange tips for managing white hair.
That image is just hilarious for me.

Anyways, 3 votes for incon counted.

Also want to double check something. I read it in a thread today. And then I lost said thread. But does Gojo's infinity still work in his domain expansion?

Also want to double check something. I read it in a thread today. And then I lost said thread. But does Gojo's infinity still work in his domain expansion?
Yes. All his stuff get amplified within Domain Expansion

I was gonna argue could nuke the arena with Hollow Purple but its dura neg got removed oof. So I vote incon. Gojo is too weak and slow to harm 2B, but 2B can't get pass Infinity.

Cursed energy is a byproduct of negative emotion, having negative emotion doesn't mean you have CE by default.
I said that because of Verse equalization rules on the wiki, that she'd have CE as a result. I didn't say JJK's rule applies to every verse outside of vs wiki battle context...
Show UV working on machines or someone without a brain
I have a feeling you haven't caught up with my messages... I said I dropped that because I need to digging and believe those who opposed that view may be correct.

How can 2b use her TK?
Ah, you're wondering if she could telekinetically rip Gojo in half or something like that. Unfortunately we don't see anything like that. The closest is when she tore off an opponent's arm and then telekinetically used it to attack its owner. However she had to physically sever the arm first before she began wielding it.

We have seen it used on people before. Well..."people"...but never in a rip and tear kind of way. Same with the other TK users in the franchise. They throw stuff at you and they throw you at stuff but they never just snap you in half.

Ah, you're wondering if she could telekinetically rip Gojo in half or something like that. Unfortunately we don't see anything like that. The closest is when she tore off an opponent's arm and then telekinetically used it to attack its owner. However she had to physically sever the arm first before she began wielding it.

We have seen it used on people before. Well..."people"...but never in a rip and tear kind of way. Same with the other TK users in the franchise. They throw stuff at you and they throw you at stuff but they never just snap you in half.
Does she not have the intelligence to try it?

Does she not have the intelligence to try it?
Do you mean lore or in here?

If you mean in lore then you have a few points of speculation. There's lots of talk about jamming signals and the air being saturated with nanites. Plus since their TK is roughly the same strength as them they'd probably be able to physically resist being pulled apart by it. But no concrete reason has been given.

Oh, I mentioned the arm. And heads. She's wielded severed heads with her TK as weapons before.

Do you mean lore or in here?

If you mean in lore then you have a few points of speculation. There's lots of talk about jamming signals and the air being saturated with nanites. Plus since their TK is roughly the same strength as them they'd probably be able to physically resist being pulled apart by it. But no concrete reason has been given.

Oh, I mentioned the arm. And heads. She's wielded severed heads with her TK as weapons before.
Like her thought process to think "Let me rip his head off, I can't get pass his invisible barrier"
And she's Class T, she'd be able to rip him apart.
How does her tk work? what are near and far fields?

Would that even work? Jogo shows that instantly manifested powers don't get past Infinity.

Like her thought process to think "Let me rip his head off, I can't get pass his invisible barrier"
And she's Class T, she'd be able to rip him apart.
How does her tk work? what are near and far fields?
I'd find it kind weird if Gojo's Infinity wouldn't account for Telekinesis when he himself has Telekinesis.

When has Jogo ever tried that?
Not on Gojo directly AFAIK. But earlier on the thread it's pointed out that he can do that to targets. And it is accepted on Gojo's profile that his CT is considered essentially inviolable to most of the rest of the cast (bar Sukuna for obv reasons), including Jogo.

I mean before we answer if her TK can be used on Gojo directly I think we should answer if that's even allowed. And this question will go beyond just this match. If you are a TK wielder do you automatically get the option to just pop your opponent like a zit?

I mean before we answer if her TK can be used on Gojo directly I think we should answer if that's even allowed. And this question will go beyond just this match. If you are a TK wielder do you automatically get the option to just pop your opponent like a zit?
That's not really how it goes. If a character can use an ability, has the intelligence to think of offensive ways to use it, there's no reason to suggests they couldn't. And looking at 2b's tk it seems she uses it offensively.

I'd find it kind weird if Gojo's Infinity wouldn't account for Telekinesis when he himself has Telekinesis.
Sadly we can't say his limitless would account for everything just cuz, he's never shown it, and most characters don't have pure TK in verse.

Also where is this? Magic (all characters wield maso, an extradimensional element that allows the wielder to warp reality and break laws of physics, an ability that was termed magic),
How does she use this?

Sadly we can't say his limitless would account for everything just cuz, he's never shown it, and most characters don't have pure TK in verse.
Where was it said Infinity would account for everything? Character's refer to him as inviolable despite being aware of others techniques (Like Sukuna). Gojo stated Jogo couldn't reach him, and Jogo was aware he wouldn't be able to touch him without Domain Expansion. I don't think we need to be spoon fed moves that he'd obviously be immune to thanks to Infinity, lol. Sure, for stuff foreign to the series or anything Gojo's ever experienced, that's fair game. But something like TK? Yeah, if you disagree, I can't say much to help that. It's an ability he should be quite familiar with thanks to have TK of his own. Worst case scenario, he gets a limb ripped off or smth, then knows about it and uses Infinity to cancel it out since he's familiar with it.

Where was it said Infinity would account for everything? Character's refer to him as inviolable despite being aware of others techniques (Like Sukuna). Gojo stated Jogo couldn't reach him, and Jogo was aware he wouldn't be able to touch him without Domain Expansion. I don't think we need to be spoon fed moves that he'd obviously be immune to thanks to Infinity, lol. Sure, for stuff foreign to the series or anything Gojo's ever experienced, that's fair game. But something like TK? Yeah, if you disagree, I can't say much to help that. It's an ability he should be quite familiar with thanks to have TK of his own. Worst case scenario, he gets a limb ripped off or smth, then knows about it and uses Infinity to cancel it out since he's familiar with it.
It makes him inviolable due to how it functions, they can't get through endless fractioning of space to bypass it, it doesn't mean he's inviolable period. If someone has TK through means that Gojo inherently interacts with I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Regardless we should wait till someone explains how 2b's TK works.

It makes him inviolable due to how it functions, they can't get through endless fractioning of space to bypass it, it doesn't mean he's inviolable period. If someone has TK through means that Gojo inherently interacts with I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Regardless we should wait till someone explains how 2b's TK works.
I'm aware of how Infinity works. I'm simply stating that Infinity is implicitly implied to stop moves from spawning on him. Of course, only if it possesses qualities that his brain/infinity can sort out.

Though yeah, I can wait. If 2B has some crazy TK or something it'd be possible to bypass it.

Also where is this? Magic (all characters wield maso, an extradimensional element that allows the wielder to warp reality and break laws of physics, an ability that was termed magic),
How does she use this?
Magic has been incorporated into their technology. This is almost 10 thousand years after the discovery of magic. They've moved past the point of casting spells Harry Potter style.

The author has confirmed that they still use it and we still see the familiar traces. Magic circles and angelic script floating off the caster. But where technology ends and magic begins is unknown. So if you're asking if her TK is done through magic then the answer is no way to know.

I'm aware of how Infinity works. I'm simply stating that Infinity is implicitly implied to stop moves from spawning on him. Of course, only if it possesses qualities that his brain/infinity can sort out.
Stop them from spawning on him? I don't think that was implied, that's what people took from the inviolable statement it seems but that is not enough to suggests Gojo stops all or even basic forms of telekinesis. We can say the students know of other ct and say he's inviolable but that doesn't mean its true for other verses, nor would this cover most abilities.

The author has confirmed that they still use it and we still see the familiar traces. Magic circles and angelic script floating off the caster. But where technology ends and magic begins is unknown. So if you're asking if her TK is done through magic then the answer is no way to know.
I am looking at the fields and it looks like a magic circle that holds the structure. I assume there's some description for near and far fields, if you have that can we see?
ti86GZ7.png

Stop them from spawning on him? I don't think that was implied, that's what people took from the inviolable statement it seems but that is not enough to suggests Gojo stops all or even basic forms of telekinesis. We can say the students know of other ct and say he's inviolable but that doesn't mean its true for other verses, nor would this cover most abilities.
When he's stated to be inviolable to techniques, even when techniques that ignore distance and spawn on the target are taken into consideration, that is very implicitly implied. I didn't claim it stops all forms of TK. Thus why I agreed to wait to see elaboration on how the TK works. If it falls outside of the factors he can use to determine danger, Infinity would be incapable of blocking it out.

2B TK is kinda weird. It's not like traditional TK, like she kinda surrounds her magic circle around an opponent or object.

The problem is that 2B doesn't really use TK in combat. So it's pretty ooc to assume she'll do so here. The most she's used TK for is trap opponents iirc, and even then, she doesn't do that often.

I assume there's some description for near and far fields, if you have that can we see?
I'll save you time on that. The solution won't be in the near and far fields. Near and far fields are real scientific terms pertaining to the physical location relative to the origin of an EM field. Near field being close to the origin and far field being far from the origin.

Whenever someone loses near field control, they lose the ability to TK control their sword. And when they lose far field control, they lose the ability to control their ranged.

Which doesn't give us much to go on. You could infer it's some sort of EM manipulation. Or you could infer that it's just talking about distance since half the terms they use pertain to EM.

Even looking at old world magic there seems to be a lack of telekinesis. The only true TK wielder coming to mind would be Beepy who just so happens to be a robot.

even when techniques that ignore distance and spawn on the target are taken into consideration, that is very implicitly implied
I just don't think that maps onto what we've seen. If Limitless can target ct that ignore distance, then it would have stopped Sukuna's world slash which the whole idea was that it didn't need to travel and simply targeted the world itself.

The problem is that 2B doesn't really use TK in combat. So it's pretty ooc to assume she'll do so here. The most she's used TK for is trap opponents iirc, and even then, she doesn't do that often.
She uses it fighting Engels and I am reading that near and far fields are commonly used in their tech.

YoRHa combat models typically use high-tech bladed weapons in their missions, though the manipulator system used by combat units (called the near-field combat system, NFCS) to control their weaponry can in practice interface with virtually any object, from a purpose-built weapon to a discarded Iron Pipe. The manipulator fields produced by NFCS take the form of a series of glowing translucent golden halo-like rings along the length of whatever the field is holding, and allow movement in ways that would be impossible if the android handled weapons with only their hands.

The firing interface for the Pod is provided by the android's far-field combat system (FFCS).

So it seems pretty in character.

I'll save you time on that. The solution won't be in the near and far fields. Near and far fields are real scientific terms pertaining to the physical location relative to the origin of an EM field. Near field being close to the origin and far field being far from the origin.

Whenever someone loses near field control, they lose the ability to TK control their sword. And when they lose far field control, they lose the ability to control their ranged.

Which doesn't give us much to go on. You could infer it's some sort of EM manipulation. Or you could infer that it's just talking about distance since half the terms they use pertain to EM.

Even looking at old world magic there seems to be a lack of telekinesis. The only true TK wielder coming to mind would be Beepy who just so happens to be a robot.
Okay so you're telling me near and far fields are referring to EM fields. In a verse where you just said the technology is 10000 years into the future but you don't think its talking about near and far fields in relation to EM fields? That seems a little insincere no?

Okay so you're telling me near and far fields are referring to EM fields. In a verse where you just said the technology is 10000 years into the future but you don't think its talking about near and far fields in relation to EM fields? That seems a little insincere no?
No, it refers to physical region relative to the origin of an EM field. Near field and far field are both real terms that exist. If I am a certain distance away from an EM source I'm in the near field. But if I'm far away I'm in the far field. Like you're no doubt in front of a computer or on your phone. That computer is by its nature as an electronic device is emitting EM waves and you'd be sitting in its near field (maybe. Given how weak a computer's EM is you'd probably be in its far field).

However the phrases near field control and far field control do not exist. We know they're responsible for the TK as when they lose NFCS or FFCS, they lose that respective control. However we do not know if the reason they are using those specific terms is because it's done through the manipulation of EM or because a lot of the terms they use pertain to EM.

I just don't think that maps onto what we've seen. If Limitless can target ct that ignore distance, then it would have stopped Sukuna's world slash which the whole idea was that it didn't need to travel and simply targeted the world itself.
We see that the slash that cuts the world travels from the Kashimo fight. Sukuna's spatial slash killed Gojo because it cuts even the world itself. The very thing he uses to seperate himself from others (Space more specifically). It wouldn't protect him if the "material" that protects him in question is cut.

No, it refers to physical region relative to the origin of an EM field. Near field and far field are both real terms that exist. If I am a certain distance away from an EM source I'm in the near field. But if I'm far away I'm in the far field. Like you're no doubt in front of a computer or on your phone. That computer is by its nature as an electronic device is emitting EM waves and you'd be sitting in its near field (maybe. Given how weak a computer's EM is you'd probably be in its far field).

However the phrases near field control and far field control do not exist. We know they're responsible for the TK as when they lose NFCS or FFCS, they lose that respective control. However we do not know if the reason they are using those specific terms is because it's done through the manipulation of EM or because a lot of the terms they use pertain to EM.
How does this address what I said? I'm saying they use Near and far field terms, sure they slap on "control" that's because they're controlling near and far fields. control is what they're doing that's why it says control. I think given the verse's extreme technological advance and the fact they're using maso in their tech, we can conclude its talking about the actual near and far fields.

We see that the slash that cuts the world travels from the Kashimo fight. Sukuna's spatial slash killed Gojo because it cuts even the world itself. The very thing he uses to seperate himself from others (Space more specifically). It wouldn't protect him if the "material" that protects him in question is cut.
That's fine. I forgot the slash traveled against Kashimo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back