• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2B tries to kill the wrong 9S. (2B VS Satoru Gojo) 1-0-7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, some matches need to be made for thematic purposes.

It was a routine mission when 2B got new orders. Terminate 9S. But 9S knew this day might come. Aware he stood no chance he instead had been continuing the research into the multiverse to seek help from an alternate dimension.
On the day of reckoning, 2B tracks down 9S and sneaks up on her.
But she is surprised when her attack passes through the holographic decoy and ends up suspended in the air. Her target replaced by a similar looking man.
9S had summoned Saturo Gojo to fight for him. And fight some robot lady in some other world? Sounds like fun.
Saturo Gojo warns 2B to back off but 2B remains steadfast to complete her orders. And if Gojo gets in her way, she'll kill him too.

Battle takes place in the city ruins
574fd2ab51b7aec1b6d05ca25219c196.jpg

• Present key for Gojo
  • Speed is NOT equalized

16d8ee672e92f1ce294b085e4a351413.jpg
8487c-16812291196707.png

2B: (Arkenis)
Gojo:
Inconclusive: (Planck69, LaserPrecision, G33kedzinx, Emirp sumitpo,Javenplayz253,Mariogoods,AThe1412)

Last edited:
I mean, respect for making the match-up, but does 2B have anything that can bypass Infinity? IIRC, don't they have some special dura-neg. Maybe that could bypass it?

I mean, respect for making the match-up, but does 2B have anything that can bypass Infinity? IIRC, don't they have some special dura-neg. Maybe that could bypass it?
Gotcha covered on that. So been looking around online. People say that teleportation attacks can get around infinity since it's instant relocation as opposed to traveling a distance. And 2B can teleport with the Engine Blade.

She also has various reflection abilities from her plug-in chips. Her counter chip on block nullifies the attack and the attacker is hit by the power of the attack instead, no travel. Her vengeance chip does the same though she does take damage this time.

Gotcha covered on that. So been looking around online. People say that teleportation attacks can get around infinity since it's instant relocation as opposed to traveling a distance. And 2B can teleport with the Engine Blade.

She also has various reflection abilities from her plug-in chips. Her counter chip on block nullifies the attack and the attacker is hit by the power of the attack instead, no travel. Her vengeance chip does the same though she does take damage this time.
Hmmm... Infinity can stop teleporting attacks tbf. It can stop Jogo's flames which can spontaneously spawn on people.

Oh well.
But the reflections should still work.
I think it could, not 100% certain. But Gojo's shown and stated to take less damage from his own attacks than others since it's his own Cursed Energy. I imagine any damage he receives in that fashion would be pretty inconsequential. Especially when you consider his regen.

I think it could, not 100% certain. But Gojo's shown and stated to take less damage from his own attacks than others since it's his own Cursed Energy. I imagine any damage he receives in that fashion would be pretty inconsequential. Especially when you consider his regen.
That part might get equaled out cuz the reflections also amp up the power of what they get hit by. Triple for the vengeance chip and almost quadruple for counter.

That part might get equaled out cuz the reflections also amp up the power of what they get hit by. Triple for the vengeance chip and almost quadruple for counter.
I suppose if he uses his Purple. A max power self-destruct Hollow Purple (His strongest move by far) only lightly scarred him. But if it's one of his normal moves like Blue or Red, I dunno if it being tripled or quadrupled would cause any significant damage.

I doubt that even assuming this reflection somehow bypasses Infinity, it'd do anything to his regeneration and innate durability.

Meanwhile Gojo ignores most of the rest until he eventually uses Domain Expansion.

I suppose if he uses his Purple. A max power self-destruct Hollow Purple (His strongest move by far) only lightly scarred him. But if it's one of his normal moves like Blue or Red, I dunno if it being tripled or quadrupled would cause any significant damage.
Mind if I flip the script for a moment.
Cuz I would argue that Gojo would struggle to hit 2B as well given the massive speed difference at base and that's without her numerous speed amps. Also there is his domain expansion. Now this comes from piecing together multiple things I read. But as an inorganic android it would regard her as a building and thus domain expansion sure hits would not recognize her (was taken from another Gojo thread). Even if it did, I've seen people list robots as one of the things that would be immune to his domain expansion's infinite knowledge

If she's immune to Unlimited Void then this fight is kind of a mismatch. 2-B can't meaningfully get past Infinity and Gojo can't really harm her.

Mind if I flip the script for a moment.
Cuz I would argue that Gojo would struggle to hit 2B as well given the massive speed difference at base and that's without her numerous speed amps. Also there is his domain expansion. Now this comes from piecing together multiple things I read. But as an inorganic android it would regard her as a building and thus domain expansion sure hits would not recognize her (was taken from another Gojo thread). Even if it did, I've seen people list robots as one of the things that would be immune to his domain expansion's infinite knowledge
Regular Domain Expansions don't affect inanimate objects, that is correct. As they possess no Cursed Energy. However, you can be inorganic and still possess Cursed Energy. Such as Curses in and of themselves. They are made entirely out of Cursed Energy, and can be targeted by Domain Expansions. Cursed Energy stems from negative emotions. If 2B has emotions like a human (And isn't emotionless like a building for instance), then I think she'd still have Cursed Energy. Another thing worth noting is that most Domains target specifically Cursed Energy signatures. Gojo's Domain targets everything inside of it, with the exception of whatever he is touching. So I think it's feasible Domain Expansion could still affect 2B.

The speed advantage is an issue though. However, I think it's worth noting 2B would be unable to see Gojo's Cursed Techniques. He could summon his techniques around himself, and when 2B goes in for an attack, she will get caught in it. I can't remember if Hollow Purple is still treated as dura-neg or not, but if it is, that'd be an instant loss if she were to end up running into that.

If she's immune to Unlimited Void then this fight is kind of a mismatch. 2-B can't meaningfully get past Infinity and Gojo can't really harm her.
I'd argue that makes them the perfect match (and another reason I was interested in this match up).

2B actually does have the perfect thing to get around infinity that being her hacking. But she can't use it on Gojo because he's organic.

And Gojo has the perfect thing to nullify 2B's giant box of tricks that being his domain expansion and he can't use it on her because she's inorganic.

Regular Domain Expansions don't affect inanimate objects, that is correct. As they possess no Cursed Energy. However, you can be inorganic and still possess Cursed Energy. Such as Curses in and of themselves. They are made entirely out of Cursed Energy, and can be targeted by Domain Expansions. Cursed Energy stems from negative emotions. If 2B has emotions like a human (And isn't emotionless like a building for instance), then I think she'd still have Cursed Energy. Another thing worth noting is that most Domains target specifically Cursed Energy signatures. Gojo's Domain targets everything inside of it, with the exception of whatever he is touching. So I think it's feasible Domain Expansion could still affect 2B.

The speed advantage is an issue though. However, I think it's worth noting 2B would be unable to see Gojo's Cursed Techniques. He could summon his techniques around himself, and when 2B goes in for an attack, she will get caught in it. I can't remember if Hollow Purple is still treated as dura-neg or not, but if it is, that'd be an instant loss if she were to end up running into that.
Then I guess the question is do we want to apply the rules of CE generation into this match up since they don't exist in the Nier world.

But in regards to that, 2B has more senses than just her eyes and often reacts energy signatures and even unknown energy signatures. So even if she doesn't know what precisely she's dealing with, she would be able to sense some unknown energy.

I'd argue that makes them the perfect match (and another reason I was interested in this match up).

2B actually does have the perfect thing to get around infinity that being her hacking. But she can't use it on Gojo because he's organic.

And Gojo has the perfect thing to nullify 2B's giant box of tricks that being his domain expansion and he can't use it on her because she's inorganic.
....Then its still a mismatch or inconclusive. Gojo can't do anything to her at all. And the same goes for 2-B.

Then I guess the question is do we want to apply the rules of CE generation into this match up since they don't exist in the Nier world.

But in regards to that, 2B has more senses than just her eyes and often reacts energy signatures and even unknown energy signatures. So even if she doesn't know what precisely she's dealing with, she would be able to sense some unknown energy.
I think we would yeah. Verse equalization by default adds things like Cursed Energy to people since it stems from something as underlining as negative emotions (Similar to how in DB match-ups, SBA means everyone has Ki since it's tied to ones life force). Plus we know androids/robots can hold Cursed Energy as shown with Mechamaru which is powered by Kokichi's Cursed Energy.

I think we would yeah. Verse equalization by default adds things like Cursed Energy to people since it stems from something as underlining as negative emotions (Similar to how in DB match-ups, SBA means everyone has Ki since it's tied to ones life force). Plus we know androids/robots can hold Cursed Energy as shown with Mechamaru which is powered by Kokichi's Cursed Energy.
Verse equalization in this case is just impartiality to give gojo a wincon and even then she’s an android who almost completely resists magic.

I vote for 2b, higher AP and faster, no amount of “luck” would make him land DE on an FTL+ character.

Verse equalization in this case is just impartiality to give gojo a wincon and even then she’s an android who almost completely resists magic.
The whole purpouse of verse equalization is to not strip characters from a verse of core mechanics. So like... yeah, it gives him a win-con. But that's fine? Any underlining mechanics in 2B's verse would apply to JJK too for what it's worth.

And Cursed Techniques aren't magic.

The whole purpouse of verse equalization is to not strip characters from a verse of core mechanics. So like... yeah, it gives him a win-con. But that's fine? Any underlining mechanics in 2B's verse would apply to JJK too for what it's worth.

And Cursed Techniques aren't magic.
She’s an android, there’s no proof that UV works on robots and she shares a hive mind anyways so still, it will be futile.

She’s an android, there’s no proof that UV works on robots and she shares a hive mind anyways so still, it will be futile.
I don't think being an android matters? If she has things that'd result in her having Cursed Energy (i.e., is capable of negative emotions), it should still work on her methinks. If Gojo's domain was stated as being able to work on everything, I would think it also includes robots with Cursed Energy, which already exist in verse in the form of Mechamaru. Granted, I don't think UV would be necessary if Purple is still dura neg.

There's also a question if the infinite knowledge of domain expansion would effect her even if she gets pulled in. When looking for what can withstand his unlimited void, robots was one of the things listed due to a lack of a brain.

Also, does Mechamaru really count? From what I understand he is an inanimate object given animated life by being fueled by cursed energy specifically. If he was not being fueled by curse, would he actually have any in him?

There's also a question if the infinite knowledge of domain expansion would effect her even if she gets pulled in. When looking for what can withstand his unlimited void, robots was one of the things listed due to a lack of a brain.

Also, does Mechamaru really count? From what I understand he is an inanimate object given animated life by being fueled by cursed energy specifically. If he was not being fueled by curse, would he actually have any in him?
Mechamaru is an inanimate object that uses Cursed Energy as a fuel. They aren't sentient tho. They're simply piloted by the "Hive-Mind", which is Kokichi (A human) from really far away.

I think it's possible having no brain could grant an immunity (tho I'm not 100% certain), tho Infinity can target the soul too. And I feel it'd be kinda weird if Gojo couldn't make the information run through whatever gives 2B sentience).

Reason I mention the soul is because I recall in a previous thread that unless the verse clarifies a cognitive robot has a soul, I think it's allowed to argue they can be targeted for the purpose of some abilities? However, don't quote me on that or take it into consideration, because I forgot where that was said. So I'd need to double-check that. Don't want ya'll just taking my word on it, lol.

I don't think being an android matters? If she has things that'd result in her having Cursed Energy (i.e., is capable of negative emotions), it should still work on her methinks. If Gojo's domain was stated as being able to work on everything, I would think it also includes robots with Cursed Energy, which already exist in verse in the form of Mechamaru. Granted, I don't think UV would be necessary if Purple is still dura neg.
It matters, they aren’t even real emotions, just a program created to feel like it and no it’s NLF to claim it can work on everything without proof and feats. Purple isn’t Duraneg anything anymore.

It matters, they aren’t even real emotions, just a program created to feel like it and no it’s NLF to claim it can work on everything without proof and feats. Purple isn’t Duraneg anything anymore.
I mean, it's emotions regardless. If it includes negative emotions, that'd at least mean she has Cursed Energy to sense. But I'll withold my statement in regards to UV affecting her for now until I've done a little digging.

Wait, Purple isn't Dura neg anymore? Huh, weird. Then yeah, I don't see Gojo doing much.

I mean, it's emotions regardless. If it includes negative emotions, that'd at least mean she has Cursed Energy to sense. But I'll withold my statement in regards to UV affecting her for now until I've done a little digging.

Wait, Purple isn't Dura neg anymore? Huh, weird. Then yeah, I don't see Gojo doing much.

not emotions, just a fake simulation that allows them feel something similar to emotions. You can’t group such advanced technology in the same box.

Anyway, assuming this isn't a mismatch, voting inconclusive. 2-B pretty much statues Gojo but can't get past Infinity and the latter is too slow and weak to do any damage to 2-B.

The fight basically lasts a couple of minutes as 2-B exhausts all her options and then they just stare at each other I suppose. Then I dunno, they exchange tips for managing white hair.

not emotions, just a fake simulation that allows them feel something similar to emotions. You can’t group such advanced technology in the same box.
Arguing about "emotions" is like... really hard because we can't even fully comprehend what it is ourselves. You could argue human emotions are just a fake simulation that is fueled by neurons firing in the network that is our brain. I don't see why Androids having emotions wouldn't count as emotions. Regardless, I'm in the same boat of this being incon.

Arguing about "emotions" is like... really hard because we can't even fully comprehend what it is ourselves. You could argue human emotions are just a fake simulation that is fueled by neurons firing in the network that is our brain. I don't see why Androids having emotions wouldn't count as emotions. Regardless, I'm in the same boat of this being incon.
Yeah I agree with the last part, It’s incon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back