• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2 vs 2 The Tag Team Championship Tournament: The EVIL Boxers vs The Demonic Wizards

Also I’m gonna say it...

what stops The Demon from teleporting behind Yu and hoisting him up for a 1916 (in the situation Jericho or EVIL for whatever reason feel inclined to tag out, unlikely as it seems lmao)

Someone from a realistic enough verse being able to dodge someone teleporting behind them and going for a grab seems incredibly shady even for someone of Yu’s skill
I mean he's dodged shit that comes from behind himself before so I don't see why this would be any different.

I mean if Balor suddenly disappears from sight I'm 999% sure Yu would just look to where he doesn't see. Behind himself. Or above himself. Or basically anywhere he can't see within his field of view.

I mean if Yu is starting the fight looking at the guy and he instantly vanishes I don't think Yu is going to just stand there.

True but if The Demon is already going for that grab once he teleports behind it’s too little too late

Also teleportation is a total get out of jail free card for The Demon in terms of escaping a Yu beating

True but if The Demon is already going for that grab once he teleports behind it’s too little too late

Also teleportation is a total get out of jail free card for The Demon in terms of escaping a Yu beating
I mean Yu has higher reactions than The Demon so by the time he attempts to execute the grab Yu would've already been turning around and would've already beaten the shit out of him.

And do you have a showing of him utilizing this teleportation to get the jump on an opponent or to get away from them

And do you have a showing of him utilizing this teleportation to get the jump on an opponent
Yes, the justification for the ability in the first place, I feel it’s only natural to assume The Demon is also capable of using the teleportation defensively as much as offensively in a no holds barred match like this

Yes, the justification for the ability in the first place, I feel it’s only natural to assume The Demon is also capable of using the teleportation defensively as much as offensively in a no holds barred match like this
Okay but has he. Has he done it is the question, not if he can do it.

I mean Yu has higher reactions than The Demon so by the time he attempts to execute the grab Yu would've already been turning around and would've already beaten the shit out of him.
You need higher MOVEMENT speed to actually do something about reacting to an event in a situation where your opponent has a head start, Spider-Men can react to incoming hits, but are very rarely portrayed as dodge gods or even close
Okay but has he. Has he done it is the question, not if he can do it
no, but I fail to see the extreme relevance of that fact

You need higher MOVEMENT speed to actually do something about reacting to an event in a situation where your opponent has a head start
Siggghhh

I don't want to have to explain this again.

Yu's slow motion gimmick has been shown in-canon multiple times to allow him to dodge attacks that he normally cannot see coming or normally dodge, coming from mere inches away from his face, to the point it was like he had already seen said punch coming. It allows him to move and react at such speeds that he can get bored waiting for things mere inches away from his face to hit him simply due to the fact that he sees them that slow. His dodging ability is attributed multiple times to be a product of his ability to see the world in a different dimension of time.

This isn't debatable and I don't want to have to repeat this again.
no, but I fail to see the extreme relevance of that fact
Okay so it isn't an in-character move, in that case.

Wouldn't that make it not in-character then?
Ehhhhhhhh

he uses it, he uses it in combat, it’s not a massive difference in application, I can get the thinking behind it but I don’t really think it’s enough of a stretch to be categorised as not in character

Ehhhhhhhh

he uses it, he uses it in combat, it’s not a massive difference in application, I can get the thinking behind it but I don’t really think it’s enough of a stretch to be categorised as not in character
If he hasn't used it in combat why would he assume he suddenly would-

don't want to have to explain this again.

Yu's slow motion gimmick has been shown in-canon multiple times to allow him to dodge attacks that he normally cannot see coming or normally dodge, coming from mere inches away from his face, to the point it was like he had already seen said punch coming. It allows him to move and react at such speeds that he can get bored waiting for things mere inches away from his face to hit him simply due to the fact that he sees them that slow. His dodging ability is attributed multiple times to be a product of his ability to see the world in a different dimension of time.

This isn't debatable and I don't want to have to repeat this again
Buddy, if his movement/combat speed is listed as peak human, if his reaction speed is faster than his actual speed, as is listed on his profile, then he sees himself moving in slow motion just as much as everyone else who is at Peak Human and thus physically just as fast as him. If he can dodge and move faster than normal opponents, that’s higher speed, which is equalised here. Any form of being faster in combat speed than normal gets screwed by speed equal

Buddy, if his movement/combat speed is listed as peak human, if his reaction speed is faster than his actual speed, as is listed on his profile, then he sees himself moving in slow motion just as much as everyone else who is at Peak Human and thus physically just as fast as him. If he can dodge and move faster than normal opponents, that’s higher speed, which is equalised here. Any form of being faster in combat speed than normal gets screwed by speed equal
That's an assumption your part that he sees his own movements at such a speed when it is never displayed as such in-story, my guy. His dodging abilities are specifically attributed to his ability to see things in slow motion multiple times, to say it would be ineffective when such an ability would not be effected by equalized speed is to basically ignore the scans I sent.
Because it’s an effective strategy using an ability at his disposal? Characters can innovate strategies not seen technically in canon, he isn’t incapable of it
You've shown him using teleportation once. To appear and strike a funny pose. Of course characters can do strategies not seen in canon but these strategies have to still be within their standard mindset, someone whose used an ability once to do a single thing within their standard mindset isn't going to suddenly branch out from what they've been shown to do out of nowhere.

That's an assumption your part that he sees his own movements at such a speed when it is never displayed as such in-story, my guy. His dodging abilities are specifically attributed to his ability to see things in slow motion multiple times, to say it would be ineffective when such an ability would not be effected by equalized speed is to basically ignore the scans I sent
I looked at the scans, if your reaction speeds/perception are faster than your combat/movement speed, you will be in slow motion to yourself, like Red Rush in invincible when he moves at normal human pace. Either that’s Yu’s case, or the file is inaccurate. OR his reaction/perception and movement/combat speeds are the same, in which case he’s just faster than everyone, which he wouldn’t be with speed equal. It’s not some time dilation hax ability from what I’m seeing lol

I looked at the scans, if your reaction speeds/perception are faster than your combat/movement speed, you will be in slow motion to yourself, like Red Rush in invincible when he moves at normal human pace. Either that’s Yu’s case, or the file is inaccurate. OR his reaction/perception and movement/combat speeds are the same, in which case he’s just faster than everyone, which he wouldn’t be with speed equal. It’s not some time dilation hax ability from what I’m seeing lol
If he was in slow motion to himself than the gimmick would not be mentioned as something that allows him to move through attacks he could not normally avoid, Pika. It'd be completely useless to mention or point out.

Yu's file isn't inaccurate, you just don't know what your talking about.
Bro attacked some people right after that pose lmao
After just standing there for a while lol.

Anyways, to boil down my opinion on how the tag team elements are at play here

A: Jericho vs EVIL is the starting match

B: Jericho and EVIL have history and will want to fight for as long as is possible, neither will willingly tag themselves out in all likelihood

C: The Demon has superior mobility to Yu, and could feasibly tag out if under pressure

D: I’m still not all that convinced Yu, a melee fighter, could kill The Demon for good, when the likes of Roman Reigns couldn’t. There’s been some serious wonk as to what it can recover from in this thread

Overall, I think the odds of this match ending through the 9-Bs is somewhere around 5% at best lol, I think a combination of Yu v The Demon getting a bit heated, Jericho vs EVIL being miles more productive towards the actual outcome of the match, and the fact that DD, Evil’s main rep, is offline atm, means we should focus on that matchup, but not doing any drastic actions such as voting

I will likely head off to sleep very soon as well

Yu is a better brawler than Roman Reigns so I legit do not know how The Demon surviving against him is at all a feat against Yu, who would annihilate roman reigns without even batting an eye. I don't understand how that is a feat Balor's endurance.

I'm on mobile right now, so when I get back on my laptop, I'll try to argue my points for Jericho.

The 9-B battle seems to be a stalemate, so this is basically DD vs Random Part 2 lmao

Anyways back to this because I don’t think I ever responded

Yes...? He literally died, of course he can heal from life threatening injuries
Okay, he died. And yet he did not have any visible injuries or broken limbs.'

Yu is a better brawler than Roman Reigns so I legit do not know how The Demon surviving against him is at all a feat against Yu, who would annihilate roman reigns without even batting an eye. I don't understand how that is a feat Balor's endurance.
Yu annihilates Reigns because of his skill advantage, not by greater strength and the likes, equalise skill, take away Yu’s perception thingy, and Reigns wins hands down

"Bro he died of course he can regen from life-threating injuries"

Lmao wut? We don't even know how he died, you can't just expect people to believe he can regen from broken bones or damaged organs just because "lul he ressurected once"

If you have no statement or feat of him regenning from broken bones, then everything you say about his ressurection is pure headcanon from you, and NLF.

Yu annihilates Reigns because of his skill advantage, not by greater strength and the likes, equalise skill, take away Yu’s perception thingy, and Reigns wins hands down
"Take away anything Yu has and make him a normal human, then reign wins"

Yeah no ******* shit. At that point they aren't fighting Yu, but just some 9B dude.

Yeah, that's the point. How is The Demon going to survive getting beaten down by something with an obscene skill advantage over himself. Yu isn't going to stop attacking once The Demon is down, if he gets up. If Yu realizes The Demon can get up after being knocked out/killed, during the time it takes for him to come back, Yu is going to be showering him with blow after blow.

Okay, he died. And yet he did not have any visible injuries or broken limbs.'
Jesus Christ because THE ACTOR DID NOT ACTUALLY DIE OR BREAK LIMBS. Obviously this character that literally died picked up some injuries, but it’s a live show, they cannot actually injure the actor lethally, they cannot use CGI or makeup like most shows can, you just have to play along a bit. Again, the Demon didn’t die of hurt feelings, he died of severe blunt force trauma which HAS to have involved grievous injuries, or he wouldn’t have died in the first place, especially since the Demon is one of the most enduring characters in the entire goddamn verse

"He didn't break limbs because it's a live TV show, it's a limitation of the show"

Too ******* bad then. We can't just assume his ressurection can heal broken bones and organs just because of limitations in the show. If they don't even have statements, then too bad.

Back