• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2 vs 2 The Tag Team Championship Tournament: THE DEMONIC WIZARDS VS NewBounds

Round 2 Match 4:

Rules
:
  • Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 10 meters.
  • Location: The Heavens Arena (Arena will be filled with fans, Here is how the fighting area looks)
  • A person in conflict can “tag” their teammate by essentially high fiving them. They then leave the conflict and get an opportunity to rest, while their teammate is now the one fighting.
  • The two people fighting must share a tier, if a 9-C makes a tag to their 9-B teammate, then the 9-C they were just fighting is forced to exit and their 9-B fills in for them.
Psychomaster vs RandomGuy2345 and Pikaman

Round 2 Finale ! Demonic wizards looking very strong so far can their momentum be stopped by the debuting Newbounds team ?

Results:

Team 1: THE DEMONIC WIZARDS:
7 (Randomguy2345, Pika, Demonic, Kazuma, Noneless. Glace, Kazu)
Vs

Team 2: NewBounds:

wsNqLOJ.png
JKBL8Rv.png
VS
lShqoug.png
LWpJVSh.png

Last edited:
To give an elaborate rating of Ness’ AP, he scales to 123.310848 megajoules. But even at an AP disadvantage, his abilities should make up for it, especially since Ness has been able to fight those capable of mortally damaging him in one hit by healing as he’s draining in HP.

Out of curiosity, if someone uses an AoE move to damage their opponent, would it be able to affect the opponent’s partner taking a break, or only affect the active opponent?

Fair enough.

Is it possible for someone in their duo to give items/buffs/healing to their partner before they switch, or can they only use it on themselves?

As for who has to fight first, I’d be down to have Tankman up.

Following, me and random agreed ahead of time to start Jericho, and since the tiers match up no coin flip needed

Jericho FRB

I’ll be back later to give a more sound analysis on both matchups but for the opening one Jericho leads in all stats AND skill, so not much of a contest. I’ll have to look more into The Demon vs Ness but at a glance the two just stalemate each other with their impressive defences and even if one was to get the upper hand on the other, I’d be willing to bet that Jericho takes out Tankman before long, whereas The Demon vs Ness would be an extremely drawn out affair, making the former win-con more accessible for The Demonic Wizards

Last edited:
So as I see from the looks of it, Tankman would have to forcibly swap out with Ness if he knows if he’s having a hard time winning especially with the AP disadvantage, but he would at least put up a good fight due to his military training. Knowing what these wrestlers are capable of once he sees Tankman start losing, when it comes to Ness VS Finn Balor, Ness already holds a range advantage, and he can cast Shield to cut the damage he receives in half to make up for having the AP disadvantage as well as heal.

Ness often leads with PSI, and if he already knew what the wrestlers are capable of, then he will try to induce statuses on Finn where I see he doesn’t resist any of them, namely Hypnosis which would put him to sleep, and Paralysis which would paralyze him. From there, Ness just finishes Finn off upon landing them. Even if Finn’s resurrection were to work, then Ness just paralyzes him to warrant an incapacitation.

Literally just a body double, lol. But if it’s for the sake of scripted wrestling plot lines, then I’ll let that one slide.

Ness should still be able to paralyze the demon as I said earlier.

So as I see from the looks of it, Tankman would have to forcibly swap out with Ness if he knows if he’s having a hard time winning especially with the AP disadvantage, but he would at least put up a good fight due to his military training.
Jericho could technically perform a range of manoeuvres to prevent Tankman from making a tag to Ness, he could put him in a hold, disorientate him with a fireball to the face/eyes, etc. Obviously this doesn’t work if Tankman is in range of a Ness tag when this happens, but if Tankman (who seems a cocky enough fella) decides to walk over and engage with Jericho, he gets his ass handed to him quite possibly beyond repair. Jericho’s smart enough to not let an opponent he can handle with ease tag out if he can help it
Knowing what these wrestlers are capable of once he sees Tankman start losing, when it comes to Ness VS Finn Balor, Ness already holds a range advantage, and he can cast Shield to cut the damage he receives in half to make up for having the AP disadvantage as well as heal.
Yeah fair, Ness is very impressive in terms of his versatility and especially survivability
Ness often leads with PSI, and if he already knew what the wrestlers are capable of, then he will try to induce statuses on Finn where I see he doesn’t resist any of them, namely Hypnosis which would put him to sleep, and Paralysis which would paralyze him. From there, Ness just finishes Finn off upon landing them.
How do the PSI attack works? The Demon manhandles Ness in CQC from what I gather, so if these are attacks that rely on some range the Demon can just get in close with teleportation and beat up the small child physically overwhelm Ness. The Demon’s resurrection should also protect him from Ness’ variety of physical options for getting the job done.
Even if Finn’s resurrection were to work, then Ness just paralyzes him to warrant an incapacitation.
IF that incapacitation can last 24 hours yeah, and even if Ness can win through this, it still feels a singular avenue that takes lengthy experimentation against a tricky opponent who themselves has potential options to win. Compare that to Jericho vs Tankman, which is the starting match, and is over much quicker and easier, and it seems the far more likely matchup to end the fight overall. Ness can give The Demon trouble, but Jericho decimates Tankman before the 9-Bs get a chance to properly go at it most likely. I’ll vote for The Demonic Wizards here for now, as I feel this is a fairly simple one. Ness vs The Demon solo would have made things very interesting, it’s a shame the 9-C end of things was so lopsided

I think we can contact people to vote here.

Either Kenny and Ness have a competitive bout, or Jericho destroys Tankman.

The latter is far more likely to happen.

Are we forgetting that Ness can poison and heal? Or healing a tag member is not allowed? Also, I am gonna see feats of Ness telekinesis but I told demonic that I am busy right now

Are we forgetting that Ness can poison and heal? Or healing a tag member is not allowed? Also, I am gonna see feats of Ness telekinesis but I told demonic that I am busy right now
Healing teammates is not allowed afaik, and Ness vs The Demon is completely irrelevant if Chris just doesn’t give Tankman an opportunity to tag, which he is more than capable of. Even if you wanted to discuss it Ness doesn’t beat The Demon even half as easily or quickly as Jericho does to Tankman, and that’s ignoring the fact we still don’t know if Ness’ incap options can last 24 hours, AND it also ignores the fact The Demon still has his own wincons, Ness’ victory is hardly set in stone, while Jericho’s is. There’s a lot of hoops you have to go through to reach the conclusion of Ness beating the Demon, surely “Tankman gets his ass kicked by Jericho and never gets the chance to tag thanks to a variety of options Jericho has at his disposal” is a far easier and more probable conclusion to reach?

Since resurrection came up earlier in the thread: How much damage has the Demon ever resurrected from?

Since resurrection came up earlier in the thread: How much damage has the Demon ever resurrected from?
Severe blunt force trauma is the only showing of it, though similar characters have feats such as being knocked out, doused in gasoline, before being set on fire and left unattended to burn. I’m sure Undertaker has some crazy things he’s come back from too

In that case, I think Ness would probably not have to paralyze for 24h to win, assuming Ness can attack while paralysis is in effect.
A minute or two of attacking without any defense is probably enough to tear the Demon to pieces which is beyond the resurrection.

In that case, I think Ness would probably not have to paralyze for 24h to win, assuming Ness can attack while paralysis is in effect.
A minute or two of attacking without any defense is probably enough to tear the Demon to pieces which is beyond the resurrection.
I mean

A: The Demon has an AP advantage and there is 0 indication that Ness’ PSI abilities have higher damage or anything, also what’s “without any defence” supposed to mean?

B: As discussed above The Demon vs Ness is largely irrelevant as Jericho can easily prevent Tankman from making a tag to Ness and just win that fight

Last edited:
A: The Demon has an AP advantage and there is 0 indication that Ness’ PSI abilities have higher damage or anything, also what’s “without any defence” supposed to mean?
I mean Ness paralyses not through AP, he just paralyses and then beats him up.

From Goku vs Ness threads (good times)

No, Ness can make your body numb or not possible to move, but your mind can still act
Then The Demon can just telport out of the way, or even in range to a forced tag by Jericho

Again, this is all assuming Jericho doesn’t just stomp Tankman into the ground before Ness vs The Demon even happens lmao

There doesn't appear to be any wincon for Newbounds with the paralysis being countered by Demon and Tankman with no enough skill it's apparnt whose winning this.

Back