• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2 New Discussion Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
1) No trying to upgrade Saitama to Star level based on the databook. We've discussed this multiple times and it is starting to wear thin.

2) No Dragon Ball Super Upgrade Threads until after the Tournament of Power. After the disaster that was the Gohan upgrades. We should likely enforce Reppu's suggestion of upgrading the DBS characters post arc. Or at least this one. This will keep us from having these scaling disasters from happening.

A "mistranslation" involving the word "Hoshi". (Can mean either "Planet" or "Star")

Well it could go either way if "Star" and "Planet" both use the same kanji.

But yeah, we'd probably have to upgrade half the wiki by that logic...

Sounds cool.There is too much weird things happening in DBS pre tournament ark.Goku turns SSB almost aganist everyone that he should beat as SS2.For me this pre tournament arc is whole bunch of PIS.

I certainly agree with DBS. But the Saitama thing seems to be translation issues I'll have to look into.

I suppose thst I am fine with this, if the rest of you are.

There is one issue that we might have to take care of before though:

Should we first create a content revision thread to discuss upgrading several of the 4-B DBS characters to the OBD levels of 3-B?

Anyway, does anybody have suggestions for how we should word the rules, in an easily understood informative manner?

1) Please do not try to upgrade Saitama to Star level based on statements from the databook. It has been discussed repeatedly that there are two translations for the Japanese word, "Hoshi", Planet and Star, and the former is far more consistent with the events of the story and Saitama's own statements.

2) Please do not create Dragon Ball Super upgrade threads until the end of the Tournament of Power/Universe Survival Arc. Characters have showed wildly varying power levels over the course of this arc and it would be best to postpone any stat revisions until the arc's completion.

Agree with Reppu's suggestion. However, I believe adding the Japanese kanji (I believe this was the one µÿƒ), would make it a bit more clear for other people.

Also there's a capitalization error on the word "IT" on the first rule, just saying. Fixed

@Reppuzan Thank you. I am fine with those wordings. Feel free to insert them into the Discussion Rules page, right after any other rules regarding the verses in question.

I agree with the Saitama part but I don't see why Gohan is considered a disaster if he was always meant to surpass his father, upgrading all the other characters don't make much sense (aside from 17) but Gohan definitely does. Since we upgraded Android 17 to 3-A because of him being able to trade blows with Super Saiyan Blue Goku then we should do the same thing with a Regained Mystic form Gohan, it makes perfect sense because his new Base form is on par with his old SSJ Form (Stronger than Buu vs Universe 11)

It is due to that the fight was just a few seconds long. We agreed that he might be 3-A and he might not, but that it does not hurt to wait for a few months.

Anyway, that is not what this discussion is supposed to be for.

Regarding rule 2. What if it's blatantly 100% obvious that a character clearly got stronger without question before the arc ends? Like Goku straight up says that Gohan surpassed him, or hell, Gohan just straight up turns SSJB, or Goku one-shots Zeno or something. Would we still wait until the arc ends?

If Goku / Someone else / narrator legit says that Gohan is stronger than him in the next episode, we'll put him at 3-A.

I agree. Also if we will fight someone, who can be assumed is 3-A (Ex: a pride trooper).

Agree, however if there are 100% evidence (statement or fight that take more than 2 minutes) to suggest that the character should be upgrade. I think that it's fine to do so, even before the tournament arc has ended.

I agree with the new rules.

@Magi

We have humans who are tier 2-3 physically, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back