• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The profile for Dormammu has him at Low Multiversal, since he contained multiple universes within his realm, however I have never seen this mentioned anywhere, where did this tiering come from?

I'm rewatching the movie to check this. Strange and Ancient One's portals should have Multiversal+ range.

You can politely ask Matthew Schroeder to comment here if you wish.

Ok so..

I vaguely remember somebody mentioning that the Dark Dimension contained several universes that Dormammu had absorbed into it.

Anyway, we still need Matthew to reply here.

Apparently not. You can do so if you wish.

For those who are so lazy that they don't want to bother to read the thread themselves

"Dormammu dwells in the Dark Dimension. Beyond time. He is the cosmic conqueror... the destroyer of worlds. A being of infinite power and endless hunger, on a quest to invade every universe and all bring worlds into his dark dimension."

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
on a quest to invade every universe and all bring worlds into his dark dimension."
This is how this continues: "and he hungers for Earth most of all" (I linked every Dormammu lore above)

This is why only the planet had protection, Dormammu only wanted that.

If there is no proof that he absorbed universes, his rating should probably be changed to unknown instead.

There is no indication that he's more powerful in the Dark Dimension, he should not have 2 keys, instead he should only be 5-B.

I think that unknown would likely be best. He is clearly far more powerful than Strange, but we do not know to what degree.

Well, we still do not know exactly how powerful Dormammu is. I would much prefer to keep his statistics at unknown.

But wasn't the stones those guys made capable of affecting him?

Still, I doubt there is actual proof that he afffects the universe in any way but physically

@Ant How? We know he consumes worlds and that he's know as the "the destroyer of worlds", so he's clearly 5-B. The infinite power claim is an obvious hyperbole, and without it nothing implies him being more powerful than any 5-B.

We haven't seen the upper limit of his powers, but I suppose that "Unknown, at least 5-B" could work.

Well, I disagree, people knowledgeable on him stated that he was 5-B, therefore we don't need to see the upper limit of his powers.

The problem is that he may very well be the embodiment of the Dark Dimension itself, and be capable of absorbing much larger planets than the Earth. As such, I much prefer the rating that I stated earlier.

No one said he was the embodiment of it. Even if he were, without more context that wouldn't mean nothing qualifiable. And what larger planets than the Earth? That was also never stated, if anything the "and he hungers for Earth most of all" out of infinite universes implies the contrary.

Well, okay then, although I would prefer to see what Matthew thinks of this.

I feel an "Unknown, at least 5-B" would be best.

We don't have any onfo of what he can do at his best, but we know a minimum of what he can do.

@Eficiente

I also don't agree with 2-C. Hungering for Earth most of all doesn't contradict the universe dragging statements, it just means he isn't going to bring the main MCU universe into his own.

Back