• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think that the MCU is canon to the Marvel Comics multiverse, but not that Marvel Comics is canon to the MCU.

Basically, the MCU is trying to be independent.

I get them (and cartoons) being independent to avoid any crossover issues, just that I think they're technically in the same dimensional space as the 616 stuff. Doesn't every Marvel Earth have a separate Underworld and Dark Dimension for example?

I am not so sure. Given that some of the Marvel Comics events impact the multiverse, I think that the MCU has chosen to be completely independent in terms of references.

So, does this mean that the Complete Infinity Gauntlet is 2-C since just the Time Stone alone was enough to affect Dormammu in his own realm?

Hax or not, if just one and arguably one of the weaker stones can affect a 2-C being, logicially all 6 of the stones put together should be above Dormammu.

You cannot do that at all.

No matter how good the hax is, we don't just scale it to AP.

Also, the stones all work completly differently in between each other.

So has the Dormammu profile been appropriately updated?

Izreldan said:
Hax or not, if just one and arguably one of the weaker stones can affect a 2-C being
Pointing out for viewers that this is a headcanon. Also there is no such thing as "2-C being"s, just H-dimensional beings.

You can probably add absorption and fusionism if you wish.

Done, I will later try to find the interview Matt mentioned. It would give Dormammu the Higher Dimensional Category.

Should we remove forcefield creation from his profile then?

Yes. There is also no evidence of him or his Dark Dimension being specifically ''older'' than time.

Lastly, I'm iffy with his Magic; He gave other magic users powers, but those powers may not be magic, and he couldn't invade the universe because of the magic protection made by others presumably weaker than him.

So his age needs to be adjusted to unknown then?

I am uncertain about removing magic though. It does seem like a characteristic attribute.

The Ancient One literally says "Dark places where evils older than time lie." when showing Strange the multiverse, right as he's flowing through the Dark Dimension and we get a glimpse of Dormammu.

Okay. Then his age rating should obviously remain, but it wouldn't hurt to add an explanation in a parenthesis to the page.

I added the justification for his age, but without a link to that interview we may as well leave his gender as Male, as he's referred to as such.

Could do something like "Genderless, but typically takes on a Masculine form."

Iirc he's not said to be Genderless in the movie, in the guide, or in the interviews I have seen so far. If we can't justify him being Genderless then we will not say that he is Genderless.

He is a higher-dimensional space-time embodiment manifesting as a head. I am pretty sure that human biological standards of gender do not apply.

Don't we lable 616 Dormammu as male? We also say Featherine (a High 1-A) is female. If they're typical depection is male or female that's the gender they go with I guess.

Qawsedf234 said:
Don't we lable 616 Dormammu as male? We also say Featherine (a High 1-A) is female. If they're typical depection is male or female that's the gender they go with I guess.
It could be that the creators put that and no one really paid mind to gender.

Both of them have inapplicable genders but manifest in specific forms.

I'm just saying that we give a lot of higher tier people a gender. If MCU Dormammu is only referred to as a male then he's probably male. Or at least takes on a masculine form.

But he doesnt take a masculine form. He becomes a head.

Most of the times higher D characters make gendered avatars. This one obviously has no genitalia. Though reffered to as male would be ok

Several wrongs do not make a right. He is still an other-dimensional spacetime continuum manifesting as a floating head.

I think Dormammu is more than just a head, its just that he's so big we only see a small section of his body (going by the concept art in the Strange guidebook). Male, masculine, or referred to as male all work imo.

Anyway, this is getting tiresome. I would prefer if we wrap it up soon.

Back