• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Here's an updated list of what was recently provided. It looks like Roy Thomas is consistent with Satannish and Mephisto being comparable. He might have changed his initial stance of Dormammu being stronger than Satannish down the line. It wasn't until the Hellcat series that Satannish was re-established as below Dormammu by a different author.

Last edited:
So the way I see it is that Dormammu is stronger (quite a bit stronger since he scales above Celestials), but not stronger to the point that the Skyfathers and other Hell Lords are incomparable.

I already posted them. Here they are again.

Eh, you can get Odin scaling to a 2-A Yggdrasil with only 1 cosmology. For example:
Those are all from Matt Fraction, so one cosmology. Here's another example:
I know you tried saying the Infinite Iceberg isn't Yggdrasil, but off of the context it clearly is. No one here is arguing the 9 Realms alone are Multi, but Yggdrasil as a whole.

I've compiled most of the Odin, Yggdrasil, and Surtur Statements so far. There's still more to add. So far, an infinite Yggdrasil seems consistent.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if Marvel Comics #1000 is canon. Even if it is, I'm not sure if it's reliable considering it had stuff like Galactus taking out Infinity Gauntlet Thanos. Not a big problem though, considering there are other statements for Asgard being above the concepts of space and time, such as this one from Thor #387. As for Odin's battle with Infinity, I think it's important to note that:
Thanks for making these detailed lists by the way! I really appreciate them, they make the thread much easier to sort through.

Edit: The second "above Space and Time" statement listed in the OP is from Journey Into Mystery #504.

Last edited:
Seemingly so, unless anyone disagrees.

Also, I just noticed that the Strange that absorbed power from Yggdrasil which "gave him more magic than ever before" is scaled to Mephisto on his page, so Skyfathers/Hell-Lords scale to that Strange within that storyline, meaning the "composite cosmology" thing shouldn't apply there.

In the scenario that 2-A Yggdrasil and ‘2-C, possibly 2-A’ Skyfathers/Hell Lords are accepted, then this is everyone who would be affected:

Chaos King (first key)
Galactus (second key)
Nyx - At least 2-C, possibly 2-A or far higher
Tyrant (second key)
Ultron (sixth key)
Modern Doctor Strange (third key) - 2-A, possibly Low 1-C
Ghost Rider (second key) - 4-B, up to 2-C, possibly 2-A
Blackheart (second key) - At least 5-A, possibly 2-C or 2-A
Lucifer (second key)
Mephisto - Varies, up to 2-C | 2-C, possibly 2-A
Bor Burison
Hercules (second key)
Odin
Old King Thor (first and second keys)
Thor (godblast and second key)
Zeus
Cul Borson
The Destroyer (second key)
Gorr (second key)
Hela - At least 4-B, possibly 2-C or 2-A
Surtur
Yahweh

Not to get ahead of myself, I know it isn’t completely accepted, I just want a list of everyone this would affect.

Last edited:
I think that would be all? Maybe add Satannish if we're giving out of realm Mephisto that stat. Also, do we know how well fed Galactus was against Tyrant in the first place?

Satannish doesn’t have a profile (I could’ve sworn he did at one point), and I believe we assume Galactus was moderately fed against Tyrant.

Just a note that out of realm Mephisto is nowhere near that powerful.

Also, I would prefer more input from our knowledgeable members.

Just a note that out of realm Mephisto is nowhere near that powerful.
I think that's where the "up to" comes from? We do know that Out of Realm Mephisto's power varies depending on how long he's out of it. I would agree that consistently, out of realm Mephisto is not that high though. I think the 2-A comes from fighting Satannish and his statement for being equal to Odin (I still prefer using the In-Realm Mephisto = Odin statement, it's more consistent overall imo).
I think so, yeah.
Alright. Although I don't think it's clarified during his feat with with Scrier and the Other in Mighty Thor Annual, yet that's on his well-fed key, so that seems random.

Out of Realm Mephisto can just be 2-C at most since he actually has a 2-C feat without scaling.

And if I’m remembering the initial 2-A upgrade thread correctly, we treated the Mighty Thor Annual feat as an exception since it’s more-or-less Galactus’ best feat.

Question, where do we scale Ragnarok? To my knowledge it's supposed to be the end of the realms and stuff, so would it scale to Yggdrasil? Asking because of the Mephisto vs Hela scan from Thunderstrike #15.

In the scenario that 2-A Yggdrasil and ‘2-C, possibly 2-A’ Skyfathers/Hell Lords are accepted, then this is everyone who would be affected:

Chaos King (first key)
Galactus (second key)
Nyx - At least 2-C, possibly 2-A or far higher
Tyrant (second key)
Ultron (sixth key)
Modern Doctor Strange (third key) - 2-A, possibly Low 1-C
Ghost Rider (second key) - 4-B, up to 2-C, possibly 2-A
Blackheart (second key) - At least 5-A, possibly 2-C or 2-A
Lucifer (second key)
Mephisto - Varies, up to 2-C | 2-C, possibly 2-A
Bor Burison
Hercules (second key)
Odin
Old King Thor (first and second keys)
Thor (godblast and second key)
Zeus
Cul Borson
The Destroyer (second key)
Gorr (second key)
Hela - At least 4-B, possibly 2-C or 2-A
Surtur
Yahweh

Not to get ahead of myself, I know it isn’t completely accepted, I just want a list of everyone this would affect.
King Thanos also.

Is somebody willing to tell me about Mephisto's best feats outside of his realm please? I personally think that "Unknown" seems safest for these statistics.

Well, that is not reasonable to demand of you. I was more asking if anybody knew from memory.

Well, that is not reasonable to demand of you. I was more asking if anybody knew from memory.
Meh someone will eventually need to do it since his page is lacking scans for powers so might as well plus 407 is not a lot for comics I honestly expected him to have more issues considering he had some famous stories (Tbf the most famous one is not fondly remembered but still)

Okay. Thank you. Then 2-C outside of his realm seems reasonable.

And if I’m remembering the initial 2-A upgrade thread correctly, we treated the Mighty Thor Annual feat as an exception since it’s more-or-less Galactus’ best feat.
Yeah. You can argue the feat is 2-A, but the evidence is probably just flowery language.
This is a good point, but I think that Oblivion himself made the statement that the fight between Galactus, Scrier, and The Other was going to destroy all universes.

This is a good point, but I think that Oblivion himself made the statement that the fight between Galactus, Scrier, and The Other was going to destroy all universes.
Sorry for the confusion but I was talking about a different feat there (I know people who argue feats including Mephisto's Realm is 2-A, which is what I was calling the flowery language). The Galactus feat seems legit due to the amount of sources confirming it.

I still think it's best to give out of realm Mephisto a varies tier as his power varies depending on time outside of his realm. That's why sometimes he can stalemate Satannish and other times he's scared to face Thanos (see the end of Infinity Crusade to see what I'm talking about).

Hello. Sorry that I've been inactive. I'm back, though. So, what happened while I was gone?
We discussed the characters that scale, Dormammu scaling and 2-A Yggdrasil. At the moment it seems like most agree, but we still need more input from knowledgeable members.

I still think it's best to give out of realm Mephisto a varies tier as his power varies depending on time outside of his realm. That's why sometimes he can stalemate Satannish and other times he's scared to face Thanos (see the end of Infinity Crusade to see what I'm talking about).
Yeah, I was gonna put him at ‘Varies, up to 2-C.’ It shows that he varies, but at his peak, he has 2-C feats.

AfaIk, he is usually treated as not being significantly stronger than regular superhero-level characters outside of his realm, so this seems to be a matter of inconsistency between writers. As such, a variable tier may be best, yes.

Silver_Surfer_Volume_1_Issue_16_4.png

More evidence for Mephisto being >>> Silver Surfer (Silver Surfuer Volume 1 Issue 16)

Back