• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If it’s fairly consistent for Mephisto to be superior to 4-Bs outside of his realm, maybe he could be ‘Varies, usually 4-B, up to 2-C’ outside of his realm?

Last edited:
That seems to make sense to me as well. Some writers seem to write him as far less powerful outside of his realm, whereas others do not.

Would you mind explaining how? I already explained why I believe it does:
I'm not sure about that. Here's the quote:
"The Asgardian World Tree is kind of a map, okay? The Nine Words you recognize as being a part of Yggdrasil are just the tip of... a maybe Infinite Iceberg."
The Infinite Iceberg is Yggdrasil, and the Nine Words are just the tip of it. I mean, his point here is literally that there is more to Yggdrasil than the 9 realms.
"You might believe there are only Nine Worlds, but brother, I'm here to tell you... there's more and they're hungry."
I don't know how I can make it more clear than that.
  • Something existing on "multiple planes of reality" in Marvel doesn't necessarily mean they are fighting in separate universes, we see in the same arc when Odin and Seth fight, they're not fighting on different universes its just that their powers are outside of the physical plane.
Wait, what? By that, do you mean Odin and Seth themselves weren't in those Universes or that their power didn't reach there? If the former, isn't it still Multiversal+ in size?
Eh, he says "Ten Realms in this Reality", and if Yggdrasil exists on all planes of reality there can definitely be more.
I actually do agree here, it's pretty clearly talking about the Multiverse as a whole, but it's still a helpful scan considering the bottom where he explains your own personal cosmology is true and exist somewhere.

Regardless of my disagreements, thank you for putting in the effort to respond.

Last edited:
Would you mind explaining how? I already explained why I believe it does:
The story is literally involves worlds (As in actual planets) from outside of Yggdrasil invading Asgard. The context of the multiverse is talking about stuff outside of Yggdrasil which are now invading.

@Matthew_Schroeder

Thanks for the input.

By the way, Seth's quote is that it's on "every plane of reality," not multiple.

It's said that Surtur would burn the nine realms and the entire multiverse as well.

Are you suggesting the 2-A cutoff as Matt Fraction era and before?

Last edited:
Something existing on "multiple planes of reality" in Marvel doesn't necessarily mean they are fighting in separate universes, we see in the same arc when Odin and Seth fight, they're not fighting on different universes its just that their powers are outside of the physical plane.
  • I pretty much have the same questions as E2B here, so it'd be nice if you'd clarify what you mean.
  • I concede at this. This is true and I agree with it.
With that done, I'll go over what supports 2-A and maybe even Low 1-C Yggdrasil. I'll also post some Odin scans, too. (Note: There might be repeat scans here, so I apologize for those.) And some Galactus.

Yggdrasil
Odin
Galactus

Thank you very much for helping out Firestorm808. So what are your conclusions based on this?

Input from other knowledgeable members would also be appreciated.

Btw: Odin's brothers are named Vili and Ve, if I remember correctly.

Thank you very much for helping out Firestorm808. So what are your conclusions based on this?

Input from other knowledgeable members would also be appreciated.

Btw: Odin's brothers are named Vili and Ve, if I remember correctly.
He also has an additional brother named Cul.

@Firestorm808 Are you in favor or against ‘2-C, possibly 2-A?’ I haven’t been paying much attention to this thread lately so sorry if you already answered this.

Here's a cut-down version of my earlier post for the 2-A Yggdrasil stuff. It seems consistent to me, even to the present.

Firestorm seems to make sense to me. So should we upgrade the 2-C Marvel characters to 2-A then?

quick question, how many characters would be affected if this upgrade goes through? It's not just Thor, the Asgardian Gods, hell lords, but wouldn't it also affect some other heroes/villains too?

quick question, how many characters would be affected if this upgrade goes through? It's not just Thor, the Asgardian Gods, hell lords, but wouldn't it also affect some other heroes/villains too?
Here:
In the scenario that 2-A Yggdrasil and ‘2-C, possibly 2-A’ Skyfathers/Hell Lords are accepted, then this is everyone who would be affected:

Chaos King (first key)
Galactus (second key)
Nyx - At least 2-C, possibly 2-A or far higher
Tyrant (second key)
Ultron (sixth key)
Modern Doctor Strange (third key) - 2-A, possibly Low 1-C
Ghost Rider (second key) - 4-B, up to 2-C, possibly 2-A
Blackheart (second key) - At least 5-A, possibly 2-C or 2-A
Lucifer (second key)
Mephisto - Varies, up to 2-C | 2-C, possibly 2-A
Bor Burison
Hercules (second key)
Odin
Old King Thor (first and second keys)
Thor (godblast and second key)
Zeus
Cul Borson
The Destroyer (second key)
Gorr (second key)
Hela - At least 4-B, possibly 2-C or 2-A
Surtur
Yahweh

Not to get ahead of myself, I know it isn’t completely accepted, I just want a list of everyone this would affect.

Eh, I still think 2-C, possibly 2-A makes more sense. The 9 realms alone would still be just 2-C even if Yggdrasil as a whole is 2-A, so the feat listed on Odin's page from the Surtur saga would still be 2-C. But yeah, they definitely should be upgraded to 2-A in some form imo.
Yeah, ‘2-C, possibly 2-A’ is still what I would go with here as opposed to straight 2-A.

Surtur would be the likely starting point of the 2-A scaling chain as his flames would attack the entire tree.

Last edited:
Thank you for the input. What about the rest of you?

Okay. Thank you for the evaluations.

Should we use "possibly 2-A" or "likely 2-A"?

Back